I just got a new computer with Windows 10 on it. It's shit. Recommend me a Linux distro that isn't Ubuntu

I just got a new computer with Windows 10 on it. It's shit. Recommend me a Linux distro that isn't Ubuntu.

Devuan ascii

Kubuntu.

Mint.

Debian, Fedora, Suse or Windows 7. Everything else is a meme.

i use ubuntu budgie remix; however the wm is up to your personal taste

Manjaro. Basically the arch version of Ubuntu. It just werks.

Why does everyone on Sup Forums seemingly hate Windows 10 so much? I genuinely think it's a good product. All the silly rumors about spyware/botnet are straight up lies created by idiot paranoids.

Windows 10 is the safest operating systsem on the market today, with features like smartscreen filter, applocker, cloud-based windows defender, and an improved updates system that ensures no computer stays unpatched and vulnerable.

Additionally, the whole telemetry paranoia is off the charts. They doesn't any personal info and it's only used to fix the bugs. Would you rather give one of the oldest and most reputable American software companies a small bit of info on how you use your computer, or would you rather help provide your entire identity and all your files to cybercriminals?

There is also a lots of other good improvements in Windows 10 like the new Edge Browser, built in appstore, memory compression, DirectX 12, and Cortana assistant. So many good things in Windows 10 but elitist idiots stick to 10 year old windows 7 saying its safer and better. LOL its 2016. Please tell me im not the only person here with even the slightest sense of rationality.

PeppermintOS

>All the silly rumors about spyware/botnet are straight up lies created by idiot paranoids.
I used to be a Microsoft fanboy too. I didn't used to believe any of it. I had hyped windows 10 up to amounts that make me cringe now. Windows 10, in truth, is filled with spyware. No amount of apologism will make me change my mind now.

Oh, what am I saying? You obviously wrote copypasta.

>LOL its 2016

Nice b8 m8.

Nice bait faggot

Install Gentoo. Your new computer is fast enough to handle GCC.

>Recommend me a Linux distro that isn't Ubuntu
why not ubuntu?

xubuntu

>Calling out bait
>While falling for it

Debian

What's wrong, brainlet? Too stupid to learn an OS?

How do I learn an OS?

yawn

arch

Manjaro

install gentoo

windows xp is the only right answer

How do you "get" a computer with windows 10 on it?
Is that not something you put on yourself?

SolusOS, it's the best distro out right now

>I genuinely think it's a good product
stopped reading there

Manjaro or Debian Testing

Why not Ubuntu?

I don't hate it. I think it's a good product for what it is. But it's just not for me. I'm autistic and enjoy having complete control over my system.

Do you have at least 1 year of experience with Linux? Then check out Gentoo. It is literally the best operating system on the planet, the documentation is awesome, and the community is helpful and friendly, unlike the autistic elitist archfags.

>installing Debian
>follow guide to get wireless working
>partition my hard drive
>Oops haha sorry buddy we couldn't install grub to /target/ :^)

you probably did something wrong. it's easily fixable too, just gotta boot up a LiveCD and use grub-install target=

>Follow Debian installation guide to the letter
>Nope this is clearly your fault :^)
thanks Sup Forums

Lunix Mint, inb4 muh nooboo distro. You can actually do work on it instead being a ricer faggot.
And you wanna rice, whatever, install i3 and switch sessions.

>using Linux Mint when you can just use Cinnamon in Ubuntu instead

Cutting edge.

Manjamo

manjati stocazzo

thank you to reply my post, I feel better now

>$0.02 has been deposited into your account, Pajeet

kys pajeet shill

Slackware

Easy: Manjaro, Linux Mint
Medium: Antergos, Fedora
Hard: Debian
GOD: Arch, Gentoo