Is there really any reason to use windows other than to play pc games?

is there really any reason to use windows other than to play pc games?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.adobe.com/thread/2321072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is never any reason to use windows over Gentoo.

yes only game.I do that.
I am not gamer but when I get fucking frustrated from day job.
I play games

no games

theres never any good reasons to use windows

games are overrated

other than games

Photoshop, since you already have Windows installed to play games.

Works fine in wine.
It's literally only some games you can't run in Linux because wine support isn't there yet, like Overwatch. Only reason to use Windows.

That, and the fact that there's no good alternatives for something like Adobe CC applications on Linux, other than GIMP as a replacement for Photoshop.

buy a console if you want to play games

console gaming is superior

>no missing dll file
>no worry about FPS
>no worry about overheating
>bigger screen(tvs are bigger than monitors)
>consoles are comfy
>gaming experience is superior

wine gimp krita

why use photoshop when you have gimp?

If there would be an alternative to say Premiere or After Effects, I would change my OS in a heartbeat.

>games
Meh. I don't like console games, and they pretty much shit up PC gaming with the shitty gimped ports.

Tina ,Easy,Proteus

>Works fine in wine.
No it's doesn't, it's Garbage tier.
Wine is great, but Photoshop really doesn't work, unless we're talking some anicent version from 10 years ago - in which case, you're just being a fucktard for the point of being fucktarded, so fuck off.

krita doesn't do what I need.

gimp is fucking garbage, at least krita isn't pants on head retarded, it's just not what I need.

I'll keep using Photoshop in my VM, works far better than any of the suggestions replied to above.

This has to be b8

>no missing dll file
Shit like this hasn't been a problem since 2006
>no worry about FPS
Yeah, because you're stuck with shitty upscaled resolution at a moderate FPS
>no worry about overheating
If you're not critically retarded this isn't a problem with PC either
>bigger screen(tvs are bigger than monitors)
You can plug your computer into a TV if that's what you like.
>consoles are comfy
Subjective.

For me it's music production.

Almost all audio programs and plugins have a Windows version, and a lot of them aren't available for other platforms.

It's very rare to find a plugin that doesn't have a Windows version.

They're easier to pirate as well.

No, I don't have any need for meme shit like Photoshop, CAD (lol, these faggots always amuse me) or Office (I have a secretary who get's paid to do my shit work). I rarely fire up the game machine anymore, sadly. New games have become really boring. I use emulators now more than anything and Linux has me covered there.

Nope. It's only good for games. And even then I'd still prefer a PS4.

pc masterfats get triggered so easily. you guys are so worthless.

Works in Reasearch and Development + Manufactuaring in most of Technology Area. Even taking a glimpse at the world of bacteria and algae, you need solid tools on Windows.

Only consuming pigs and services (hacker/chat/scam/fraud) use other system

>CAD
I'd just like to mention that bricsCAD is amazing. It's not just freetard shit, it's professional software made by an actual company for Linux, Windows, and Mac. It's really the only alternative to autoCAD, and it holds up well.

says the guy who goes on a bait thread to shitpost

i bet your music sucks

it does, but idiots love it.

It's a lot easier for computer newbies than Gentoo

Absolutely. So much software is available to Windows, not just games or Adobe. Even if there are free alternatives, most of the workplace still uses proprietary sw and the free stuff just isn't the same.

what kind of music do you do?

I don't doubt what you say, Sir. I simply get a kick out of all of the tweens who come here saying they absolutely need Photoshop and CAD software.

Funny I dont see any reason to use Linux distros, OP. Simply but, Windows runs everything I need, games included, while Linux dont. So why should I use OS that fails to handle part of things I use everyday?

Any kind of professional work like audio or video production.

I'm confident less than 1% of the people on here who claim they need CAD even know what CAD is. And that less than 5% even need photoshop, while the rest just make shitty memes that can be done in MS paint.

It's literally just a hobby for computer autists who enjoy slobbing around and fixing PC bugs all day.

It's pretty comfy desu

Macs are better for that.
>No BSOD
>No "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes..."
>No nag to upgrade to Windows 10
>No having to restart every couple hours

It's faster, it's more secure, it supports more software (really, maybe just not the software you need though), it's open source and finally it's free software (not just free as in 'free beer')
If that doesn't sway you, consider that Windows10 sends every keystroke you make back to MS, even the enterprise versions (though any network engineer worth their salt blocked that traffic)

If that still doesn't sway you, keep using it, there is no reason for you to change.

AU > VST anyway.

But user, I don't experience any of those problems.

yes

Ye but no 70% off sales from GabeN

>Macs are better for that.
No, there's like, one Mac with specs decent enough to do this. You'd be miserable attempting this on anything else Apple sells.

active directory

sorry, I like MSAA. consoles don't offer that much performance.

Muh stress analysis and 3D modeling pack only works on windows though. And by CAD the most popular is AutoCAD but that is just a general term and mostly use in construction drawings only, most professional works on either electricial or Mechanical. And guess what, AutoCad is just an useful editing software in the field, nowadays people export dwg file from high precision (usually not freeform) from 3d modeling software like Catia, Soidworks and notSolidworks(Inventor). To be useful in this century you have your hand on almost at every tools. And Yes most of these tool only available on Windows. Linux have very limited use for works, usually fall in 3rd sector a.k.a "services".

Why do girls wear neck chokers? inb4 cocks meme

If your job requires it, I guess.

>I am the 1%

>It's faster

Didnt notice when I was running Mint, Kubuntu and Xubuntu when I was bored and tried out various distros.

>it's more secure

I didnt caught malware since 10 years, when I was stupid enough to get rootkit by doing something silly (cant really recall what it was, probably some shady MMO game).

>it supports more software

Aside from some torrent clients (I dont use torrents at all), I cant really name a software that would run on Linux and refuse to work on Windows.

>it's open source

Doesnt matter if you are not actually digging in code, aka for most of the users.

>and finally it's free software

The only merit I can agree with.

>consider that Windows10 sends every keystroke you make back to MS

I thought that this meme died already, funny how people still carry that on.

I made the original music production post and that guy is not me.
My music isn't very good but I usually keep it to myself so I wouldn't know whether "idiots love it" or not.
On the rare occasion where I show it to others (mostly producers for feedback) I get pretty positive responses all things considered.

The only thing I know for sure is that without all the software that's available for windows, my music would be way worse, as they would be my skills, since many of the online learning resources are for mainstream software (most of which is for Windows).

Bitches love to get choked. That and cocks.

bodyshape of the right one
head of the left one and its a deal

>I thought that this meme died already, funny how people still carry that on.

The fact it's been going on for quite some time doesn't make it less alarming.

>bodyshape of the right one

I hope you aint serious.

Because meme about "every keystroke" was debunked long time ago.

>photoshop
forums.adobe.com/thread/2321072

Visual studio, photoshop with desktop GPU acceleration, notepad++. There is literally a better piece of software for every purpose on Windows while Linux is skin deep crap that barely meets the minimum functionality needed.

>how to make photoshop more like a program that isn't the same as photoshop
Thanks for that, not sure why you'd post it though.

Yep. It has every and most software you will ever need.

Plus it supports almost any hardware, old or new.

And if you spend a few hours to configure it right, you'll have a reliable machine that almost doesn't need any maintenance.

perky tits, god-tier hips and belly
left face isn't really better, much more make up too

I don't play any games
I use Windows 10 Edu

Why?
Because I fucking like it

this, I am a poorfag and have a library of thousands of games to choose from just by owning a ps2 and ps3, (extra spicey with a modded ps2)
I will probably get a ps4 too for nier
>/r/pcmasterrace h4cK0r neckbeards spending thousands of dollars for muh performance and to play shit games

i was quite attracted to those duck sicking lips on the left girl, but her tits are just asking to get terribly saggy and veiny when she hit 25

I have a console but it goes unused most of the time because I like high resolutions and the selection of games.
I can see the argument, but it doesn't fit someone with my priorities/preferences at all.

oh and i feel that from experiences the girls on the right has a body that is easier to "maintain".
big tits need a lots of work to look good naked, but then again under the clothes a girl can pad the shit out her B cups anytime and you dont have to deal with the deflated rubber balloon later.

Eunha - Gfriend

there are far far more reasons to NOT use linux

i actually wanted to use linux, i wanted to setup my own comfy development environment
but it all just gets ruined by shitty buggy drivers and desktop environments, after wasting two days trying out dozens of distros and their various versions as well as trying to fix their problems i noped the fuck back to my comfy rockstable and silkysmooth windows setup

>after wasting two days trying out dozens of distros
well that's your problem, settle with one that just werks. [spoiler]ubuntu[/spoiler]

who is this semen demon?

>what is FreeIPA

For real though, the most played games on steam are counter strike, train simulator, lol, dota 2.

All that power, solely to play something that can be ran on celeron potatos, i'd rather invest in previous generation console and pirate all the worthwhile games there were for it.

>Addresses every complaint

>Lol xd ur so triggered kys pathetic worthless pcmasterfag

good luck with your activation product key not expiring.

i remember when i had windows a couple of back it. the product key kept on expiring after a couple of months

couple of years back*

Maybe they are the most played because they run on a toaster

Ushijima Iiniku
you don't even need to pirate them on ps3, they are cheap af
I only do it on ps2 because there are so many and that way it's easier to see which gaymes are worth owning
>the selection of games
>on pc
which selection? you get a fraction of the games released on consoles and don't even get me started on nipponese games and exclusives

just because you don't do anything else on your computer than jerk off to hentai and rice your desktop doesn't mean that everyone is an unproductive NEET loser

I'll take two pairs of these. One for here and one to go.

>is there really any reason to use Linux other than being a neckbeard hipster faggot?
FTTFY

Maybe when Linux is "cool to use", none of you would be "that guy"

Using anything other then Mac or Windows makes you a freak

i dont know, maybe for work? that thing "normies" do for a living
Alot of place use windows because the pc is more cheap and useful than macs
>b-but muh freedom and loonix is free
the average person dont give a shit about the opensource and your autistic OS they just wanna finish the job and go home and the employers just want the people do things the faster way possible.
since when this board is full of NEETs, maybe if you go outside you could see that

to the Sup Forums tourists, what games are worth using windows for that you absolutely can't run through wine/playonlinux/dosbox/whatever?

Most major Trple A games that are worth a damn or even indies that don't have ports

The Witcher 3 was supposed to have a Linux port but it's been two years now

Not even most fighting games are on there. Linux doesn't have that many consumers

> Sup Forums tourists
Try Sup Forums resident.
Anyways, right now it's Overwatch.

My home PC is for pleasure, my work PC is for work. Each are configured to be the best at their respective purposes.
If I mostly use my home PC for watching movies and playing video games, I'm going to use the OS that allows me to do that the best.

I'd love to use Linux on principle, but since the support for games is so small, I stick with Windows.

>Ushijima Iiniku
Is she significantly older than her hot body would otherwise suggest? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

yes

running everyday software without having to look for ten thousand work arounds. You might think you're fine with the basics, but one day you need to do something and realize the software is only windows, mac osx version costs hundreds of dollars, linux doesn't even have it. Its also a pain to turn on windows pc just to play games. Whenever im on linux I resort to WINE because I must have X game that I can play on a break for a few minutes , and then realize the game runs like shit

No, reverted to Debian and I feel fine without Winshit

some of us like the UI?

Not sure exactly since I haven't looked into it, but I play a lot of games, so there will be at least a few eventually. Those would make me switch back to windows to play them, so why not just stay on windows where it all works?

I have been thinking about using a vm though. Just start it up whenever I'm playing games.

Professional/obscure software and the Demoscene too. But not really anything else than those three. So yeah, why not have a Windows VM? You get the best of both worlds.

>Not installing the C++ Libraries from 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 since Day 1
>Avoiding the superior experience
>Worrying about pointless things
>This doesn't even make sense, if your TV has a VGA/HDMI Port, it'll work perfectly fine
>Literally no different than a PC once you set it up
>It's literally not, the whole internet is full of demonstrations
If you're gonna shitpost, at least put some effort.

i have never gotten wine to work

This fuck triggered me so much I have to reply
-no free pirate games
-Can't play music and videogames at the same time
-Music player doesn't support flat, only mp3.
-doesn't have a torrent client
-doesn't play mkv files in full HD 10bit
-Web browser is unusable(ps3)
-no free software; we're stuck with jailbreaking and homebrew

This is why ps3 was the first and last console I ever bought.
Pic related. I bet that's where you hone your reply baiting skills.

no

>
>good luck with your activation product key not expiring.
>i remember when i had windows a couple of back it. the product key kept on expiring after a couple of months
>he didnt use daz loader

no
thats quite literally the only purpose why it's still relevant

linux will never be relevant

even if it could do everything windows could and play every game just as well nobody would use it

Yes they would. It's free. Are you retarded?

all other kinds of commercial software?

pc tends to have many more indie games
plus autistic niche shit like roguelikes (i mean shit like nethack not the current indiegame meme buzzword)

personally i'm not super interested in current gen aaa games but I realize that console is probably the better option for people who are (except maybe fps games because aiming with a thumbstick instead of a mouse is way worse)