New big ass sony e reader coming to US

sony.com/electronics/digital-paper-notepads/dpt-rp1

>releasing in june
>$700

are you a bad enough dude to spend $700 on a hentai reader

no because I use a 27" 4k monitor in portrait with the nexus mod (always view source files) on sadpanda
reading doujins in 4k is the hella privilege

perk not mod but whatever you get it

>$700
DOA

>are you a bad enough dude to spend $700 on a hentai reader

I like ereaders, for reading, but no nothing above $100.

Sony always puts something out at a high price until someone comes along and creates one for a better price. It happens all the time with every Sony product. Wait and buy another company's iteration.

I prefer paper. Sorry trees, but this price is against my principal.

Except that a handful of corporations own all the patents for e-ink displays (Sony among them) and they won't allow competition.

I wanted one when they came out. I still do but I don't have the money at the moment; hopefully I'll have the cash to get one before next semester.

Perhaps they have a monthly installment plan.

Not gonna lie that looks pretty comfy.

I don;t think the Chinese give a fuck about patents user

I hope it flops and drops in price massively, I want an e-reader.

kek

We had these massive Sony e-readers when I was at uni, the refresh rate is garbage. It's good for reading a PDF but viewing manga on that thing with the constant page turning will not be a pleasant experience.

The large Kobos also have that issue, the technology's not there yet.

>ereader
no it's not

it's a locked down PDF reader peice of shit for close to a grand

Sony is a meme

you should really look into the products you talk shit about. None of what you said is true.

Honestly when I saw the press release of this thing I felt like a normie.
Probably the first time in many years when I saw an electronic gimmick and told myself "I'd have a use for that".
Sounds extremely useful for university classes.
Handbook in one tab, notepad in other tab, handwriting is instantly converted to text, accompanied by drawing a diagram. And everything fits within an A4 notebook size. Mint.

I can't afford a 700 gimmick though, so i'll stick to paper for now.

Oh, how ironic
show me which part is false, I'll wait.

show me where it says it's compatible with ereader data formats?

It's exactly what I said, a locked down PDF reader like it's last iteration. This isn't a new product.

>700
It's already dead

>handwriting is instantly converted to text
yeah, another meme that works 20% of the time

Microshaft can't even get that tech right and they're a giant that throws way more money at these type of problems

My company has been developing everything we've ever made since the 90s on a single MSDN license. Our dev team is about 16 people large. How fucked would we be if MS found out?

Looks nice but
>$700
What could possibly fucking justify this?

They just did boyo

Oh, very nice.
This means I should be able to buy a display from China, and make an e-ink laptop

Fucking Sony. First a $1300 mp3 player (in 2017) and now a $700 kindle?