ITT the most retarded Sup Forums thing you'll ever admit to doing
>buy a new battery for my laptop on Amazon
>not check power rating
>10.8v DC
>charger outputs 30v DC
>heats up and burns my hand
>fry my laptop

ebin :DDDDDDDD

I stripped a screw on a smartphone once and metal shavings got into the device, shorting it out.

while setting up my dualboot I deleted the entire MBR and fucked up the EFI partition.

What kind of retarded laptop uses a 30V charger?

Apparently toshiba

To think these demotivationals would've been funny at one point.

Charger voltage doesn't have to correspond to battery voltage. You just bought a shit battery.

Connect the wrong colored composite wire from my NES into my CRT, and spend an hour figuring out why: the audio is fucked, and the lack of video.

you set yourself up for that one

it isn't really embarrassing that that happened. what's retarded that you decided to take apart a smartphone

I bought a second hand mobo/cpu/ram combo a week before a LAN party. When installing the cooler the nut easily ate through the board damaging and shorting one of the RAM traces.

It isn't that retarded. I swapped the display of my gf's iphone once. It's a doable repair.

I've done so many retarded things over the years. Most of which has to do with lack of patience and not having the right stuff for the job.

I always buy phones without checking reviews.

>2017
>Using an EFI without GPT
woo lad

Back in the day I downloaded one of those "mp3.exe" files from Limewire and ran it. Took a week to get my shit back in order.

jesus fuck dude i said retarded not illegal

Had to replace the speaker.

>Razer blade 2014
>Heat melts glue keeping rubber feet on the bottom
>Razer support tells me I have to send it in for replacement feet
>Fuck it, super glue feet back on
>Glue gets on battery
>Battery dies
>Computer falls out of backpack, screen is kill
>$700 repair
>End up buying an XPS 15 instead

xD

> what's retarded that you decided to take apart a smartphone
Why is it retarded to DIY repair something you own when replacement parts are often incredibly cheap? Not everyone gets a new device the instant their warranty is over, and a lot of places don't cover things like accidental phone drops, which, while you might go 'hurr just don't drop it then', does happen.

I accidentally flashed the screen driver chip on my XPS13 with the wrong firmware and lost the screen. I got a second one sent to me and they forgot I had the previous one, sadly it started entering into some mode where it shuts down after 30s, even the correct firmware became available in the meantime...

Why couldn't you reflash the chip with the correct firmware?

Burned a whole bag of LED's because I didn't know what current limiting was, I just connected them to a few battery's and they worked for a while.

dd the wrong drive

what would be less retarded?
replacing the entire device when one tiny component fails?

Done this as well, I even triple checked before hand.
Fortunately it was my drive.

I could have written this exact post friend. So many electronics for no god reason

Tried to flash the BIOS on an ancient laptop because the HDD wasn't being discovered. Was thinking the process failed because it stayed there at 100% for a while. Guessing it was fucked anyway, so yanked the power. It was indeed fucked after that.

By some huge stroke of luck, I managed to get another one of these ancient machines. It was a simple BIOS setting that I had overlooked out of excitement.

once a part of one metal stick from the power cord connector of my ps1 got damaged and had no more contact
thought i'm smart by using tin foil to cover the damaged area
>it worked
once i disconnected it, and wanted to reconnect it later
when i dit so a mini explosion fried my psx's logic board, melted the tin foil a bit into the power cord and left dark marks within the casing.
>it was a modded logic board which could read burned discs

Jerry rigged a laptop power supply for an old Toshiba laptop using a 12v transformer, diodes, and a smoothing cap. It worked for a while. Eventually, the laptop died. When I took the laptop apart, I noticed that the CMOS battery spilled its guts on the motherboard, shorting it out.