Coffee Lake

>i7 6c/12t
>i5 4c/8t
>Z370 boards

>The processor lineup will launch in the third quarter with a release focused around August at Gamescom 2017. The release will include a series of 6 and 4 core models.
>Coffee Lake S will be launching alongside the brand new Z370 chipset which is known as CFL-PCH (Coffee Lake PCH). The platform will feature the LGA 1151 V2 socket so while it will have the same number of pins as the current LGA 1151 socket, it seems like Intel is moving to ditch support of the Coffee Lake CPUs on older LGA 1151 socketed motherboards such as Z270 series. It is stated that Intel will clearly be differentiating the socket with the use of “V2” moniker so consumers don’t end up buying the wrong board for their Coffee Lake desktop processor.
wccftech.com/intel-x299-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-z370-coffee-lake-s-z390-cannonlake-cpu-details/

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-coffee-lake-shows-up-in-sisoft-sandra-results.html
techpowerup.com/230474/intel-core-i7-7740k-and-i5-7640k-codenamed-kaby-lake-x-112w-tdp-no-igp
wccftech.com/intel-x299-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-z370-coffee-lake-s-z390-cannonlake-cpu-details/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>moving to ditch support of the Coffee Lake CPUs on older LGA 1151 socketed motherboards such as Z270 series
but why

>post yfw 1% per core performance bump

>different socket
>95W

Wow it's literally fucking nothing.

Was this really a surprise to anyone? Skylake and Kabylake are pretty much the same and yet mobos weren't the same, it was obvious they'd go ahead and make yet another mobo lineup for Coffee Lake especially if they break their old traditions by introducing 6c/12t i7 and 4c/8t i5.

Now all that's left is to see the clocks.

Because fuck you, we're Intel. Now be a good goy and buy Intel again.

These are going to be downclocked to shit to have the same tdp.

That was already known months ago. guru3d.com/news-story/intel-coffee-lake-shows-up-in-sisoft-sandra-results.html

The article you linked doesn't match the info provided in the OP.
>The 6-core part spotted in the Sandra data-base does not seem to have Hyper-threading enabled indicative of a Core i5 version, it’s clocked at a 3.5 GHz base clock frequency. There’s no mention of the Turbo clock frequency. The chip features 1.5 MB of L2 cache (6 x 256 KB) and 9 MB of L3 cache.
Don't spread misinformation.

I was kinda hoping the jew would change his mind about a socket change a year keeps the goy in fear mentality. Especially because they are finally upping the core count on mainstream chipsets to 6c after way too long.

Welp, should have not been so niave

This is interesting. An i5 with hyperthreading. An i3 with 4 physical cores. More cores/threads in general. Ryzen must've actually put pressure on Intel. Like sorta said, I doubt we get more per-core performance out of these new processors.

If Ryzen is really putting pressure on though I'm shocked they stopped at 6 cores. They saving 8 cores for the i9? Are they even continuing the whole i9 thing?

>they put X in the name because Ryzen has it

Whew.

Yes, i9 will have upto 8 cores but it'll cost around 700 dollars for one.

These 6 cores will be completely uncompetitive without overclocking at 95W TDP

Looking at Kaby clocks, the 6 core should come around 3.6GHz

A socket a year, keep the goyim in fear

PooMD is finished and bankrupt

4 CORE 112W CPU

>gemini lake
>soc
wait, didnt intel ditched their mobile efforts?

>LGA 1151 v2
A SOCKET A YEAR KEEPS THE GOYIM IN FEAR

even haswell used 88w
like HOW?

They just speculated it was an i5. Could've been the i7 w/ HT disabled.

I still don't see them releasing a 4 core i5 w/ HT. But maybe Intel finally got a wake-up call. Who knows. It will prob. take the $350 price point of the i7 and the new 6 core i7 will be $400.

Obviously fake.

techpowerup.com/230474/intel-core-i7-7740k-and-i5-7640k-codenamed-kaby-lake-x-112w-tdp-no-igp

Even if the 6 core i7 is $350 and they shift the product stack pricing down instead of up, it still might not be worth it over Ryzen 6 cores. The i5 w/ HT will become the new go-to CPU for gaymurs that want to DELID DIS though.

Haswell was only on 22nm. Just think about that. I have no idea what Intel have been doing for the past five years. Now that AMD has finally caught up the strategy seems to be moar coaz with nothing else planned for the foreseeable future.

problem with moar corez is that current mentality is 4 cores is enough for gaymen so maybe by 2020 8 cores will finaly become a new standard along with 2160p

Software is not gonna change unless hardware changes first, you must have the latter to get the former.

I'm staying on ivy bridge i7 until decent 8 core CPUs are $350 and judging by only a year or so left

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

>until decent 8 core CPUs are $350
The Ryzen R7 1700X is already down to $340.

(in b4 hurr durr not decent Ryzen is shit also I love gargling Intel jizz)

Both are just reposting rumors, that's literally it.

intel please stop making shitty consumer chips and focus more on your xeon lineup
or AMD release snowy owl already you jew fucks

So exactly as I predicted aside from the i5 extreem 6c/6t

>I still don't see them releasing a 4 core i5 w/ HT

they have to for the marketing slides, i5 with ht and 6 core i7 are the only way to make the numbers to show the investors etc.
> new core™ i5 and i7 with up to 150% performance vs Kaby Lake*

AMD did the same thing by only releasing the athlon 845 desktop cpu with a gimped cache for their generational road map and marketing slides

while rysen is awesome I still need intels single threaded performance
don't get me wrong I have no brand loyalty and my previous CPU was phenom II x4 925

Intel is best juice

Well I can guarantee you an 8 core Intel CPU is not going to have anywhere near the same single threaded performance as their 4 cores. You're looking at maybe 12.5% higher than Ryzen 8 cores.

because of lower clocks?

Yes, they have to keep the clocks lower or the TDP goes out of control. Not to mention, Intel's 8 cores will still be on their extremely expensive HEDT platform. You can forget about $350. Try more like $650 (est. based on leaks).

That's $650 plus $200 more for whatever expensive motherboard.

So what is the difference between the 6-core Coffee Lake and the 6-core Skylake-X?

>Ryzen 3,5,9
Now where did I see this naming pattern before. Hmm

yeah makes sense. maybe I'll wait for next rysen

HEDT platform has more features. Although apparently it's gimped on the 6 and 8 cores. Because Intel.

Am I the only one thinking Intel is overcomplicating things on top of releasing seemingly shit chips?

>Welp, should have not been so niave
>Welp
>WELP

>back to /r/gayyymd faggot.

WELP, something something jew Intel amd is gud.

WEEEELP

>welp is now considered plebbit

>welp is now considered plebbit

I've never seen it before. Is it a plebbit thing?

No, it's just another butthurt shilltel fanboy.

If it comes in at 3.6ghz base clocks it's going to be totally DOA: It will have no single-core advantage over a 1600x at the same base clock and will get its shit pushed in on multi-threaded.

If it's at least on par with a 6800K, it will be about 10% better single core and the same multicore, with a higher price and requiring an expensive Z370 motherboard. Might also require DELID.

So unless Intel plans to sell it for $250 why would anyone buy one over a 1600x?

Because you're a good goy. You don't want to be a bad goy, do you?

Leaked prices.

Whoops. Those are the i9* not Coffee Lake S.

>low core counts under $400
>expensive hedt motherboards
>housefire