My friend is a Macfag and we're fighting over which desktop OS is best...

My friend is a Macfag and we're fighting over which desktop OS is best. I said it's a tie between GNU/Linux and Windows 10. He says Mac OS is the best because NASA and Google use it almost exclusively.

Google is a smart company right?

NASA is full of brilliant engineers right?

Then why the FUCK do they prefer only Mac OS and Linux? What the fuck is going on here?

This is really fucking with me. Mac OS and Applel products are shit right? Please anons help me figure this shit out. I thought Apple shit was only for faggot ass hipsters :(

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2013/11/27/how-google-manages-over-40000-macs-without-much-help-from-apple/
quora.com/What-operating-system-does-NASA-use
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, NASA and google don't use it "Almost exclusively. Your friend is talking out of his ass.

>american company provides the american government with user info
>american government buys product of american company that they can easily spy on

9to5mac.com/2013/11/27/how-google-manages-over-40000-macs-without-much-help-from-apple/

What the actual fuck. They manage a fucking army of shitty Macs. God fucking dammit Goygle

This can't be right. This has to be propaganda

>This has to be propaganda
It doesn't match my prejudices; it must be wrong!!!

>9to5mac
Would you take a Breitbart story about niggers at face value?

You're certainly wrong for putting Windows 10 above OS X, whether or not Linux is better is subjective.

OSX/macOS has no ads on the interface, has actually good and useful tools that come with the OS, way less viruses, a simple and decent terminal that runs bash instead of window's dogshit powershell and a waay better user interface, system search function, voice assistant.
Rly makes u think.
>muh gaymes
People are there to work not play fucking games you tards.

this. Mac OS and Apple products in general are built to get work done quickly and efficiently so you can go do other stuff like leave your fucking house and enjoy sunlight. They're for people who actually have lives instead of Wangblows and Lincucks users who fucking live in front of their CUSTOM GAYMER ULTRA PC SHRINE to being a NEET permavirgin.

OSX is the perfect comfy browsing OS. Its breddy gud with media creation too.
Windows has more compatibility with applications, but has botnet and ads installed with OS.
Linux is for professional NEETS who have the time to learn how to use it and have a specific reason for using it

This. OS X is comfy for every day users, and powerful for developers. Perfect sweet spot.

The Linux desktop is a fucking joke and Windows is adware now.

Yes. All of the Breitbart stories about niggers are truthful.
Sorry user, but niggers just aren't good people.

Also people sayin no games for the mac. Well I just bought a fuckload of games

Cities Skylines, Tomb Raider, Stardew Valley, Pillars of Eternity, CS GO, Dota 2, BioShock: Infinite.... Those are just the ones I want to play right now. There are so many more!!!

>My friend is a Macfag and we're fighting over which desktop OS is best. I said it's a tie between GNU/Linux and Windows 10. He says Mac OS is the best because NASA and Google use it almost exclusively.

I can't speak for google, but I can mostly speak for NASA. I'm a contractor that works onsite, and the fact is that most of the work at NASA is contracted to companies, including the machines you use.

At my particular center, we get a standard-issue ACES (this is the name of the contract) load (HP + Windows based, unless the user has special requests for something different) laptop and dock, 2 monitors, generic keyboard and mouse. The standard OS load has a preset selection of applications and patching schedules are handled by ACES and group policy is deployed at the agency level.

I will not divulge other information, however, but I can say that your friend is indeed wrong concerning NASA.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

idgaf about apple's pro media tools. I'm a developer.

>t. mactoddler fart app maker

This guy has a good answer for NASA.

>quora.com/What-operating-system-does-NASA-use

As far as google is concerned, all they want is security, simplicity, and strong developer tools. So Mac OS fits the bill nicely.

Why not use all three, Mac OS, Windows 10, and your favorite flavor of GNU/Linux?

My setup is: Powerful self built PC running Windows 10, MacBook Pro for my laptop, and an iPhone 6s Plus.

Stop being a bunch of fags use what you like. FFS

Oh and my desktop also runs Linux Mint

>security
>Mac OS

lmao

Who seriously argues enough about operating systems IRL

Tell your mate he's a faggot for liking girl products and then kill yourself for being so effeminate and weak

Aside from lack of customization and outside applications OSX isn't bad. They did a decent job with the OS. If you actually look at Windows source code its fucking horrendous. With apple you pay for the software not the hardware.

Windows 7 has a great user experience.
Linux isnt as friendly but its powerful.

because terminal != work-machine

>They did a decent job with the OS.
LMAO
M
A
O

Normies probably will never need to merge folders. They'll just name it something else.

>t. mactoddler

I don't own a mac and I use primarily Linux and Windows 7. So here's your (You)

Point is Apple makes their UI stupid, simple, easy so that its quick to work with if you're not doing anything complicated. NASA has Linux servers to do all the work and people with linux computers to run it all.

The people with macs are the ones at the top of the food chain and don't need to do the grunt work with linux. So they own simple macs that let them communicate and do their basic task with occasional complicated stuff.

I work in Nuclear Physics and we use macs all the time. It's probably because of the quick UI that can easily change to Linux command line.

>Point is Apple makes their UI stupid
this

Don't know about NASA but Google people are using Ubuntu desktops and MacBooks. Windows is almost nowhere to be found

s += 1

It's superior anyways.