images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86759.png
images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86760.png
images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86749.png
images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86750.png
images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86751.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't worry brehs, I can handle this.

Look at the size of that socket though.

Those baseplates are for Opterons//Epyc, aren't they?

I thought this was a pic of Guts for a second

*blows away your shitty fans*

>cheapshit master
>in charge of blowing away owltech superfans

>noctua
>shitty
they're expensive, but they're literally the best

extra thiccc cooling

threadripper

>hips below the pelvis

>18 voltage controllers
>why is that there (boxes)

Top and bottom ones likely feed the memory slots, ones directly underneath the pair of 8-pins feed the cores, and the ones to the far right between the socket and the edge could be for on-package I/O that doesn't need the ridiculously clean power the others do. Alternatively it could be a couple more phases for the cores.

As for the far left box, I have no earthly fucking clue. Could be a Serial port, IIRC server boards occasionally still have uses for Serial.

The 212 hasn't been hot shit ever since pic related began giving near-Noctua performance for $20 more

They use tower coolers in servers now?

Can we stop this meme already?

anandtech.com/show/11407/140-mm-slim-tower-cpu-cooler-roundup

4 comparable 140mm fan single tower heatsink solutions around $50 compared.

Low Fan Speed 60W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86758.png
Low Fan Speed 100W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86759.png
Low Fan Speed 150W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86760.png

Full Fan Speed 60W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86749.png
Full Fan Speed 100W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86750.png
Full Fan Speed 150W: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11407/86751.png

Surprise, surprise; Noctua isn't showing the best thermal performance or the best price at these thermal loads where most users buying mainstream chips (such as the 7600k and 7700k or Ryzen series) sitting at ~90W TDP are sitting at, even when overclocked.

Noctua is basically the Apple of the heatsink world. Both make high quality products. (Apple with their materials and design, Noctua with their engineering, mounting simplicity, etc.) Both charge higher prices than the competition for their products.

That still does not mean their products are the best.

In some cases both offer products at higher prices but do have worse performance to other competitors. In this case the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct has better thermal performance and better pricing than the Noctua NH-U14S.

So while Noctua tends to mean high performance products, they simply cannot be counted as the ultimatum in price/performance, just as Apple isn't leading any price/performance charts, either.

People are ultimately falling for the marketing and paying more money for a product that does feel and look higher quality, but may not offer the best performance for the price paid on the market.

40 dollars? lol that's basically noctua tier. The 212 is unbeatable in price/performance especially for non OC cpus

it works for both, their sockets have the same size/pin count, with the differences not being that important on thermal management

holy shit, this is a massive amount of butthurt there, are you being payed by coolermaster?

Is there a point to buy an expensive CPU cooler for a cheap (

Hi guys how much would my temperatures go down with that compared to my stock cooler?

And would one of them fit here?I read It supports my socket but not sure that It will not touch the ram.

A bitch to fit in depending on your case, how well you cable manage, and where you stick your ram. Other than that, you'll actually need to use a real heater for winter since your rig will lose that feature.

There is about 16cm of space from my current cooler to the door. I bought new case that is suitable for e-atx boards and as you can see my mb is little-atx or how do ppl call it.

Paid just 20$ because they had error and did not want to cancel order on my company,that would look bad. Normal price is 50$+

Scythe 5 is better.

Looks like something that would break my cpu in half.

Do you need like 1meter of space for that?

No, it is designed to just work if your case isn't tiny. And its even less likely to break anything, they improved the mount.

>Scythe 5
It is not compatible with am4 tho.
at least according to Scythe web page.

What would support both am4 and 1155+be good boi?
One in 1-22.5$ budget one and in 22.5->50

>Aluminum
Sure, kid

> It is not compatible with am4 tho.
In Europe, they did apparently inform people that they'll send a HPMS II AM4 conversion kit for free if you contact service with your invoice. Same as they'll also provide a conversion kit for the older HPMS mounting system fans for 4 Eur.

But I can see how that would be an additional bother as compared to using a cooler that is already compatible with AM4 if you use AM4.

>2017
>still cant into ram clearance

i buy noctua because it's silent, wtf are you talking about. performance? rofl, nobody cares man

It is compatible. Ask Scythe to send a free mounting kit for AM4.
>below 20$
Arctic Freezer.
>above 20$
Thermalright 140 or Macho if you don't mind a literal metal brick hanging in your PC.

Retard look at the noise

The whole reason why Noctua is the best is because they have the best cooling to noise ratio