Go to best buy

>Go to best buy
>The cheapest HDMI cable they sell is like $40
Do people actually fall for these scams?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=hdmi cable&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys
bestbuy.com/site/ubuntu-linux-linux/8888563.p?skuId=8888563
startpage.com/do/search?query=bestbuy ubuntu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the best are around ~$10, any lower and you're gonna see some artifacts

You lie.

bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=hdmi cable&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

try finding those cables in the actual store

It's digital, either it works entirely or it doesnt at all.

>dynex
>insignia
Those are literally the store's brands. Have you ever even been to best buy?

I got a cheap aliexpress cable once and the image was skewed slightly to the right about 10 degrees

yes I was there yesterday

>people are this stupid

people who actually walk in to a bricks-and-mortar best buy store are in one of two categories. One, the clueless people who will believe what the sales creatures tell them. Two, people who know better but need something right now and aren't ordering online because they can't wait that long. Both groups have one thing in common, they cough up shekels when you smack them.

same goes for walmart and shit

amazon or BTFO

>pick up tomorrow as an option for store pickup
That means they carry it in the store you shitstain

Best Buy has cheap hdmi all over the store. They sell

You bought from slants what did you expect?

>try finding those cables in the actual store
Order online. Pick up same day. You're just a dumfuck. Admit it.

Three, people who know they price match and can get their shit the same day for the same price as an online retailer.

They still charge you sales tax on top of the matched price.

They're literally in every store, in an 18 foot section.
If you managed to miss them, maybe you should've just bought the expensive one grandpa.

So do the major online retailers in my state. Your point?

>>So do the major online retailers in my state. Your point?
Well you should be using different online retailers, for one thing. This is why you buy from third-party sellers on Amazon instead of from Amazon itself, for instance. Newegg only collects in Commiefornia, B&H only collects in Jew York (and I think New Jersey or something close by)

>This is why you buy from third-party sellers on Amazon instead of from Amazon itself, for instance.
And so few of them actually provide free shipping, you might as well pony up the tax and get it from the store (or Amazon itself) and at least know you can return it without hassle.

>send my mom to buy an ethernet cable
>she comes back with one that cost 25€
>i try to return it the next day
>no refunds
that shit is like 3 bucks on amazon.
how the fuck do they get away with this?

I live in Florida, newegg collects tax here.

>pony up the tax and get it from the store
Hard lesson many need to learn. I buy local (price match too) whenever possible. That way if it's fucked up I get it replaced easily. Fuck those RMA's and waiting a month.
Plus most stuff bought on ebay and newegg turned out to be shit.

>how the fuck do they get away with this?
sales staff sell the most expensive item because of commission.
My sister came crying once from best buy because salesman made he feel like a retard.
I was more than happy to go back to store with her.

The "fulfillment by amazon" ones will ship free whenever amazon themselves would ship free. Also it doesn't take much of a purchase for tax to wind up being more money than non-free shipping.

>returns
you optimize for the most common case - which is the 99% of the time when the item isn't defective and you keep it. Paying extra for a 1% chance at saving a bit of hassle costs a lot over the long term.

I got in a heated argument with my Dad once. He insisted that you need a high quality HDMI cable.

Best buy employees make no commission. If the sales guy made her feel like a retard then she probably is one.

What are you talking about, there's refunds on everything. Stop lying fag.

Best Buy employee’s hours have been based on sales. The company likes to brag about its non commissioned sales floor yet this is not entirely true. Employee hours dictated by % of accessories, services and warranties added to sales.
Keep your comments concerning my sister to yourself. RN's aren't stupid. Salesman just started throwing out tech terms that were irrelevant to the conversation. (Just like you byw)

Marketplace sellers will still charge tax in most situations, they don't even have to ship directly from the state you live in.

So you basically need to find the one seller selling the thing you want that happens to be cheaper than what Best Buy or Amazon will sell it for, and they have to happen to not collect tax in your state AND provide free shipping.

I'll just but from Amazon or Best Buy.

employee hours are based more on availability than sales

Don't talk to me or my retarded sister ever again!

Just price match

>>Marketplace sellers will still charge tax in most situations, they don't even have to ship directly from the state you live in.
Not sure where you're getting that. in my experience they all have one state that they're shipping from/tax-resident in, and nobody outside that state gets charged.

Can I get a quick rundown on this person?

You just price match retard, I think we found the real idiot

Do pray tell, what kind of technobabble did the salesman start using that hurt her head?

Marketplace sellers will either charge me tax if they sell from within the same state (with free shipping) or charge shipping and no tax if they're out of state. That's my experience.

I enjoy supporting local business

>he cant crimp his own cables

Did somebody mention cables?

I've bought 99% of my cables from pic related for at least a decade and they've always had the most selection and - maybe not the 100% cheapest, but good enough price.

I just glanced at their HDMI cables and their 6ft cable was $4.49, compared to $6.49 from Amazon. There's also an even cheaper on for $2.67 that comes in a dozen colors, but I'm not sure that one can handle enough speed for 4k.

>go to Microcenter
>buy 3 HDMI (openbox) for 0.96 USD each.
Similar quality to Insigma or whatever BestBuy brand stocks.

I was in urgent need of a usb cable extender and all the local stores had them for a meter for +$100, no wonder they're dying out to online stores, they're fucking scamming people.

thats illegal in the US

>Unable to run Windows? Ubuntu is for you!
>Official desktop edition
>19.99
Is this legit something Canonical did or is BestGoy responsible?

that's wrong.

>Used to work for JB hi-fi (Australia)
>Cheapest HDMI cable was literally $69.95

Why would I not buy some chinky cable for $5? if it's broken eBay will just force them to replace or refund me anyway.

Is that a real thing?

bestbuy.com/site/ubuntu-linux-linux/8888563.p?skuId=8888563
startpage.com/do/search?query=bestbuy ubuntu

Top kek

If they had one of these for Debian I'd buy it just to put it on a shelf and act smug.

If they had one of these for TempleOS I'd buy it just to put it on a shelf and act smug.

If they had one of these for ArchLinux I'd buy it just to put it on a shelf and act smug.

>charging money for the OS Canonical spends money developing
Why would they not do this? You shit heads complain about ads and data economies, but then refuse to drop money for software you use. I bet you think Google is evil because they scrape and use your data and advertise to you. Never mind you can get all of their services with no datamining for $5/month. Plus you can use your cuckold.io domain for your email and not look like a chump. Canonical is evil for including ads, but fuck me if I'm asked to pay for it with money instead.

>Canonical is evil for including ads, but fuck me if I'm asked to pay for it with money instead.
are you referring to the easily removible amazon spyglass?

Yeah. People flipped the fuck out because of it, neglecting the fact they'd been using professionally developed software without paying for it. Canonical has to pay the bills somehow. Every organization does. If users are unwilling to pay directly, they shouldn't be surprised by ads/data collection. The whole privacy debacle is largely a result of the "I don't want to pay for it" attitude, and so companies just started charging a different price. Then other companies realized how little of a fuck people gave, and started applying the revenue method to paid software (see Microsoft, fuck them). We only have ourselves to blame.

HEY. THIS IS MY THING. BACK THE FUCK OFF?

>Why would they not do this? You shit heads complain about ads and data economies, but then refuse to drop money for software you use. I bet you think Google is evil because they scrape and use your data and advertise to you. Never mind you can get all of their services with no datamining for $5/month. Plus you can use your cuckold.io domain for your email and not look like a chump. Canonical is evil for including ads, but fuck me if I'm asked to pay for it with money instead.
Who are you quoting? I just asked if the terrible design of the cover was Canonical's idea or Bestbuy's. Sasuga, user, there's no need to strawman.

They shuffle the cheaper cables to the side. its so diots will see the Ultra Diamond XF 3.0 cables first and buy them.

Yes my friend bought a fucken VGA cable for $30 on Amazon just for her 2010 MacBook.

I did when I was 16.
If only I had a debit card back then.

Underrated here.

Go to work, take one for free

???

>because it's digital, signal integrity doesn't matter

>tfw no sales tax in my state so I can do this with no penalty at all

The closest best buy to me has a $5 and under store right next to it that sells hdmi cables for $5

Last time I bought something from Best buy was back in like 2008.

And then again around like 2012 or some shit.

I try not to let those niggas have my money after I realized how inexpensive online shopping is.

Got no problem shopping at a TigerDirect or some shit tho.

>not buying 10k hdmi diamond cable

Bad goy

Yes, that's why we switched to digital signals.