1. Country

1. Country.
2. How is your countries internet infrastructure?
3. What are your down/up speeds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_100_largest_population_centres_in_Canada
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Zealand
Almost every major city has Gigabit and plans for national coverage by 2020
100/20 because poorfag

Australia
Calling it infrastructure would be a stretch
I think I pay for 25/2 but usually get about 4/0.5

>Darwin at 192 kbps
>Hobart at 256 kbps
It's like they're stuck in the late 90's!

Forgot to add
>Fiji at 2.4 kbps
They're still back in the early-mid 90's.

Slovakia 0.4 Kbps.

I fucking hate when people screenshot and do not convert to JPG because it is loading for hours.

Tfw shithole like Slovakia where the currency is potatoes got into the EU before Croatia because the Hague wanted Croatia to 'deliver' a war criminal who was hiding in Spain.

weebland
quite good optical network, I guess
30Mbit/s or so

Italy
Infrastructure is meh, varies from cities with fiber to desolate provinces with at best phone lines internet (7 MBit max)
7/1 currently because it's all i need

Belgium
200Mbit, waiting for fiber but that could take some more years

Czechia
Okayish in cities (50/50 standard)
1000/1000 because uni backbone

1. Greece
2. Decent inside main cities, outside it gets shit real quick
3. Downstream Line Rate (Kbps): 6137
Upstream Line Rate (Kbps): 861

0.4 Kbps? really? Not 0.4 KBps?

Either way get back to me in 10 minutes when this post loads for you

Czech Republic,
cities do have 40/40 - 50/50 usually. university networks are fast as fuck. we have lots of villages, most of which have at least 20/20 5Ghz.

1. Australia
2. Disgraceful. Intentionally tampered with by corrupt right wing government as a favour to heir News Corp mates.
3. 100 down, 20up

is australia even a country?

Norway
Pretty gud
Pic related

Balt fag. Internet here is good, 1gbps up/down for 20euros/month is widely available.
100mbps for 5-10 euros is literally what most people have, I dont think any major providers even offer anything less anymore

I get 200/20 to every city in Belgium... I got to say that every major city is max 30 min from each other by car

Turkey
Copper wires and rarely fiber
8Mbps down, 800Kbps up
Just nuke us famalam

Hi It's loaded now.
Well sadly currency is euro,potatoes are more valuable.Every sane person already converted most of the money to something more stable.

I hope that one day our lords will allow us to get better connection at least in the middle of the city.

Canada

Shitty. Canada's population is spread out into tiny pockets of people over a gigantic land mass and telecom companies focus on the few major metropolitan areas and basically just ignore the rural places. There is little competition here and the government doesn't really care about passing any regulations to lower prices or increase speeds.

I pay $125 CAD or $93 USD for this speed. It is the best package available in my area. My parents live just outside of town. They pay $40 CAD or $30 USD for 2Mps, with a limit of 20gb upload/download a month.

How is this kind of jewery still allowed? 20GB and 2Mbps?

India
It's improving rapidly
It's 8/8 (I was on 1 Mbps till last year will get 100ish by end of this year )
Gigabit in a year or 2 in my area .
Since more people have phones here Mobile data is very popular

They only have one telecom company that services their area and that is the only package they provide. They have literally no other choice. They live about 2km from me as well. At least I have the choice of two companies who over decent internet for ridiculous prices. My city has 50,000 people which places it in the list of 100 most populated places in Canada.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_100_largest_population_centres_in_Canada

Indonesia with 2mbps
Our internet infrastructure is pretty shit, everyone is a poorfag that only uses Android so the focus for companies is largely on 4G data.

1. Switzerland
2. Good. Generally good infrastructure, really.
3. 200/20Mbit, fast enough.

It's not the fastest offer in the area. 1Gbit/1Gbit is available for $66/month. [I think that's also already as high as you can get as normal private customer at this point, pretty sure 10Gbit and beyond require a business line, but it's also feasible for a bunch of hundred dollars/month from what I've seen.]

Poland
Very good
600/60 25$

Copenhagen, Denmark.
200/200 for just under $10.

>India.
>Shit tier copper wire.
>1 Mbps / 1Mbps

Poland
It's fast in bigger cities
1Gbps

I recall an ISP in Poland was 300/30 except at night when it supported up to 600/60 - is it that one or some other?

Hyderabad?

Canada
Major cities are starting to get Gigabit and Fiber but it'll be expensive
100/15 but I think this plan doesn't even exist anymore on the website (Rogers)

Canada
It's shit. Marginally better than Australia (as is true of us in all things) but that isn't saying much.

Don't blame copper too much. Shitty telephone copper wire can still support like 500/100Mbit or at least 100Mbit/20Mbit.

(Typical cable TV wires more than that, but I don't think that was widespread in India.)

gurgaon

Fucking jelly, i pay €20 for 20/1 here in Italy.

no I have 600/60 24h

6 Mbyte up, 4 Mbyte down, Germany. Could have more, but I don't really need it.
It's okay for the price. We have several relatively independent networks for internet in the cities, which is nice, but on the countryside it's far worse.

forgot to add, ~20€

Very nice. I guess they laid down some srs fiber recently then?

yeah, there was gov project, they were funding FTTH in small cities and villages where it was not financially profitable for private investors.

Figures.

I always think it'd have been great if the governments in Europe had all just laid their own damn fiber to the streets in front of or into homes.

same here Poland - 600/60. $25/month. Would recommend.

Romania 500/100 something something. We have Gigabit for like 4 years now,but I didn't get it because my shit PC can't even write that fast; Internet speed is the only thing we got going for us in this shithole

>1. Country.
Uruguay
>2. How is your countries internet infrastructure?
Pretty damn good, being poor and all, the optical network gets to every city afaik
>3. What are your down/up speeds?
30/4mbps, literally the worst available but it works for me

Hungary
It must be pretty good I guess because I live in a shitty town and we have fiber here.
240/20 Mbit/s

Hvor?

Jeg bor i Oslo og har 100 up/down.

Indonesia.
Shitty infrastructure.
10Mbps up/0.3Mbps down.
Yes, it's fucking 0.3Mbps! How I supposed to seed for torrent with this shitty upstream speed!?

Fornebu. Sitter rett ved NIXen på Telenor, sameiet har en spesialdeal med Telenor fordi en i styret er ganske hoyt oppe på rangstigen der.

England
Garbage
500kbps on torrents

Poland
Pretty good
1000/100 25$

USA. Washington State.
100/100 Fiber for $70/momth. Gigabit is an extra $50 and I get along just fine with the 100/100 so no point.

Australia
Not good, blame politicians. I got FTTN last year though
I get really good speed considering I'm not even in a city

Bulgaria major IT passing hub from Europe to Asia/Turkey.

7mb download speed from ISP concitedly reached when downloading stuff( lets say Blizzard launcher)

Price is 8$ a month which ia not the cheepest. But average salary is 500$ a month so ye.

>1. Country.
France
>2. How is your countries internet infrastructure?
Pretty good in general but ADSL is still a thing so some people get shitty bandwidth meanwhile networks are far from being bottlenecked.
New president wants to boost fiber and ditch adsl so wait&see.

>3. What are your down/up speeds?
pic related
35€/month, will upgrade to ~900 in both ways in a few weeks for 45€/month

US
there's fiber here (only from Verizon) but I have a cable-based ISP so it's coax. however, they provide lots of free wi-fi hotspots across the area. most parks and train stations and such are open. customer service is also really good and no bullshit charges most of the time.

20/10 usually, but no cap. $60/mo.

Jeg er i Holmenkollen med fæn altibox. Halv tiden det virker ikke.

Isn't your latency to the rest of the world a killer, even if the throughput is okay?

$8 a month!!! That's amazing. Taxes cost that here.

>Canada
>Business plan w/static IP
>25mbps/5mbps
>$85CAD / $63USD

Netherlands
Very decent in cities, bumfuck nowhere not so much.
300/300

Romania
Zamolxian technology
1gbps down, 500mbps down for 9 euros

USA
Fiber in some areas of my city, basically depends on whether the local government granted a company monopoly
I'm at University but parents pay $60 for 20/5. No fiber in their area yet

Bullshit, I live in Slovakia too, i village to be specific and have 20/2.5 you have to live in cave to nave sub 1M speeds...

>Germany
>Eh
>100mbps down/6mbps up (Mostly hovering at around 60-80% of that)
>Paying 35 Euro per month for this

Bulgaria here. Pay 15$/month
Get 3.8 MB/s down
1 MB/s up

UK.
Okay, probably above average overall but I live in a fairly rural village.
20/1, literally the fastest I can buy.