Get hired into a job you are blatantly unqualified for

>Get hired into a job you are blatantly unqualified for

Kill myself now or later?

gitgud

So long as you don't get caught, you're fine.
Now, if you claimed you can code when you literally cannot, you're fucked.

fake it till you make it

Details, OP. I graduate in a year and this is my biggest fear.

Don't be afraid. It's not hard to prevent this. Just don't apply for jobs you're not qualified for

If it's a big company then you don't need to worry. Everybody else started out like that too, and pretty much everybody else is still faking it on some level.

The only competent people I've met worked at small companies where they were in charge of big projects that consumed years of their lives, including evenings, weekends and normal people holidays, only to have their companies come crashing down because silicon valley only wants to fund fart apps instead of anything useful. They're usually bitter and can do 10 times the work everybody else can, in a normal work day.

>mfw one of those people is me
>mfw I wasted so much of my youth and didn't come out the other side wealthy as fuck
>mfw I would have made more money and been happier if I'd just started that drive-through tobacco stand chain with my friends

>drive-thru tobacco stand
Are people really in such need?
You can't even advertise. How can a company like this possibly survive.

smoke shops amd liquor stores are great and I hardly see them close down

>drive-through tobacco stand chain

I am making $85k a year working as a help desk manager. I have no idea about half the shit here. my last job was $39k a year.

I am drowning.

It's like a shitty convenience store, but without the refrigerators and freezers and all that wasted space for weird shit that never sells.

Funny coincidence. I just had the exact same thing happen to me. Only difference is I blatantly lied on my resume to get an 80k/year job with no experience.

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.

Even if I get fired I'll still have earned a bunch of money before the HR machine rolls into action.

>only to have their companies come crashing down because silicon valley only wants to fund fart apps instead of anything useful. They're usually bitter and can do 10 times the work everybody else can, in a normal work day.
>mfw I wasted so much of my youth and didn't come out the other side wealthy as fuck

this is like a modern day horror story
thank you for this post.It reminds me not to fuck my career up

you would be surprised
I've seen people selling cigarettes out of the smallest shithole drive through booths. Minimize operational costs and sell to a constant demand market at a competitive price.

I found that they appreciate honestly typically because they understand you're a fresh graduate.

I didn't list any things I knew absolutely nothing about but the majority of the things listed I only had elementary knowledge of. I made that clear and still got the position

Trust me, they want fresh grads that are open to learning and they're willing to spend a good amount of time and money teaching you.

Just don't blatantly lie about shit you have zero clue about and you will be fine.

... and keep in mind that this is what your boss is STILL doing.

>>Get hired into a job you are blatantly unqualified for
>
>Kill myself now or later?
Fucking OP. Everything has got to be about him. You son't give a fuck, do you?
Here I am busting my nut, trying to figure out what the fuck I'm meant to do in this job, and here you are.
Screaming suicide, begging for attention.
Well, no more OP.. No more.
[spoiler]sage[/spoiler]

it people like you that ruin the industry

This
They'd rather teach you their way of doing shit than have to make you unlearn another way first.

Hello Tyrone. How are things at Mozilla?

>join company right after school
>bluff a lot
>get hired as senior system engineer and put in charge of the architecture of the new system
>have literally no idea what I am doing
>spend half of my workday watching YouTube videos
>everyone commends me on how well I am doing and how promising my work looks
I am so fucking scared

What type of position/salary?

Maybe we can help. Let's call it Project X. Post a thread a day with stuff you need help with and we'll respond if we can.

Oh goooood
Good luck

this would be halarious if it worked

Don't worry they are probably shit too, because they hired you in the first place.

>get rejected for a job I'm more then qualified for
>they hire a history major instead

Kill myself now or later?

I applied for a junior C developer position and literally put "I've been using C and Ubuntu Linux since last October", but still I have an interview next Wednesday. Wish me luck guys

Good luck

Learn the shit

I'm overqualified; I can sum the primes under 2 million, you name it. Can't even get a call back, much more an interview.

This fucking thing enrages me
>Sorry, but we think you're overqualified
>Sorry, but we think you're underqualified

>tfw underqualified for a data entry job
should I have included my wpm or a picture of my unbroken healthy fingers in a cover letter or something