My wife has a laptop with Windows 10 and I added myself as a user using the email I attached to my Gamertag...

My wife has a laptop with Windows 10 and I added myself as a user using the email I attached to my Gamertag, so an already existing Microsoft account. Windows 10 says "Good to go" and that I just need to be online to sign in. Well, I'm online but the piece of shit gives me this message every time.

Looking for a solution online all I can find is the regedit fix but when I go to the profiles the only ones there are my wife and the default admin, I assume since I've never logged in to the computer.

Tried removing and readding the account as a non-family member, tried safe mode booting, nothing has worked. Can anyone help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!IiBCVYRT!CiyhXybFgjUuyX8FXyAYqltN7p7YhwKHpRV6zj6wYI0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install Gentoo

Have you tried making a local account instead? You could try to connect your email to the account after signing in.

Yes, I just tried that, exact same result.

Have you tried remaking the Default user folder?

Ask your wife's son for help

I have not. In fact there isn't one here, and creating a folder called default just makes it disappear.

He's not very good with computers, more into sports.

Reinstall windows 7.

or learn linux like we told you to.

>Asian wife

Yes. Done. Didn't work, got the same result.

Do you have hidden and protected files visible?

You could try copy and pasting one of the working user folders, then renaming it and deleting unnecessary files from it, instead of creating a new folder.

I do now, and tried making a new folder and using the Admin NTUSER.DAT since it wouldn't let me use the one from the profile I knew worked because it was running.

Same result.

You made a NEW folder, right? I don't really know if 10 is the same, but in Windows 7, the user folders aren't normal folders. So, creating a new folder doesn't work. I see some sites saying you can copy and paste an existing user folder or an existing default folder from another machine and it will work.

i always create a local user first then switch that to network sign in.

I tried both making a new folder as well as just copying one and renaming it.

I have not tried a folder from another machine because I don't have access to another windows 10 device.

Didn't work.

Is it a work laptop, if it belongs to a company they might have control over the machine and only allow accounts connected to them.

God, Windows 10 is such shit

I can zip and upload a copy from my laptop, give me a sec. If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas.

mega.nz/#!IiBCVYRT!CiyhXybFgjUuyX8FXyAYqltN7p7YhwKHpRV6zj6wYI0 If you want to give it a try.

Appreciated. Worked.

How odd, it worked but I can't seem to use the start menu on the new account. Only the old.