*blocks your Noctua fans*

*blocks your Noctua fans*

Other urls found in this thread:

noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-24v-3000-ip67-pwm
sweclockers.com/galleri/13375-husradiator-till-vattenkyld-prestanda-pc
koolance.com/hxp-135-compact-plate-heat-exchanger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cryorig fans are genuinely shit.

But overall better than Noctua it seems.

be quiet! are the best though in terms of both volume and airflow with EK Vardar a close contender.

I just posted this.

Almost objectively the best common sense cooler if you have space for bigger coolers in your case. Endless awards, too.

Scythe heatsinks look bland and ugly.

You're not supposed to look at them.

EK Vardar really aren't that close. At the same decibel (36-37db) and (40-41db) the Be Quiet pushes about 30-60 more FPM.

>get noctua nhd-15
>it just works
>mfw

Why are you autists buy some bigass computer when a smaller, portable laptop can do the same job. It has a battery and you can take them anywhere, you don't have to be glued to your GAMER chair.

Please show me a laptop that can have SLI Titans, 5ghz cpu and everything watercooled so it's silent as well?

i do rendering for a living. I can't do that on a laptop retard.

>muh 6 gorillion fps on CS GO
Gayming laptops. I don't recommend them but saying that you can't do that on a laptop is absurd.

So they are better than noctua and look nicer?

Not that guy, but fuck CSGO and any competitive gaming

But he's right. Having a completely silent machine while handbrake is going skids is really nice. I still have to be in the room with it.

>Gaming laptops
Anything other than Dell 7567 is overpriced, GAYMUR!!1!! designed shit though

>3-4mm taller than 165

dropped

Looks simple but IMO not really terribly ugly.

Anyhow, looks aren't what I bought it for.

But I guess you'd live okay if you bought a "form over function" ROG themed fan or such.

At the low speeds it the be quiet pushes more air but at the higher speeds the EK Vardar does.

At the equivalent 52.5dB the EK Vardar is pushing about 30FPM more.

They cross at about 47dB, so the question is if you need to be pushing those higher speeds.

be quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro 3 250w
does give 10C less than vardar and run only at 15dB.
Nothing air cooled can beat it.

Nobody in watercooling actually pushes the fans beyond 40db even during load.

i have a noctua nh d14 and it is cool .

I hear that! Having my fans below ambient noise is the whole reason to use liquid cooling in the first place. That and the hobby factor I suppose.

Guess I'm replacing my fans with Be Quiet SW3.

Also the Noctua is literally the worst fan. Why do people keep recommending them when all their fans are ugly, expensive and apparently also perform like shit?

idk It is some epic pc building meme,i think there were enought shills for them to make ppl think they are actually good.
Imagine snake oil seller reccomending snake oil in every immortality potions thread.
After about 40days of seein nice things about it you would be "maybe it is pretty good"

Lmao there's a 7 dBA difference between the Noctua NF-F12 and the be quiet! SW3.

7 dBA. That's actually huge.

I usually keep my fans around 30dB to 40dB. I don't mind hearing some fan speed.

>when your company is so shit you need to shill on Sup Forums

Not using Artic fans and coolers.
I bet you also watch Linud

tasty

>turn pc on
>*beep*
>*vwoom*
silentfags are missing out

Gonna build a new rig soon, what's wrong with Noctua?

I'm planning on buying the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 since it's the only one I've found so far that can be mounted horizontally.

>what's wrong with Noctua?

it doesn't perform as well as some alternatives

Show me a desktop that can cool 2 Titans and a 5Ghz CPU whilst being silent.

>Time to start rendering on my gayman lapt- and the battery's dead.

>implying that a gamer laptop can keep up with my 18 core desktop

Obligatory

opinion on this THICC fans, Sup Forumsents?

Noctua fans were the best option for a very long time. Just like the Hyper 212 was the best bang for buck cooler you could get for a long time. Just because there are better options now doesn't mean that the old stuff always sucked. That's like saying amputating infected extremities is retarded because we have antibiotics.

PWM Cryorig fans are only 15$, they also looks pretty nice. Can't go wrong with them.

You still have to cool the water retard

what is the fastest and coolest case fan in reasonable price range? i don't mind noise and skin, even industrial fan i would take if it fit.

Delta are industry standard.

It's a Xeon E5-2699v3. Less of a housefire than my i7-4770K was.

Not that guy, but why are you changing the argument to what does or doesn't need to be cooled. He's talking about keeping the pc quiet not passively cooled.

The coolers themselves seem pretty decent but the fans are pretty cheap.

*uses an 3 amp delta fan to blow his way through*

>two epic scythe images front and center
>bland
Do you even edgelord?

I, too, enjoy running a second power supply solely for my fans.

awesome, looks like a very solid cooler. I have used thermalright in the past, and I currently use a thermalright x2, but this looks to be the best now.

i have noctua fans in my current pc

honestly you can get just as good cooling for cheaper but a part of the appeal is a 6 year warranty and being able to change the speed from virtually nothing to stupidly high. if you're on a budget then get something else, if you've not got a budget then why not

I'd buy a copper R1 ultimate just because - its not like my 3.9ghz 1700 gets anywhere near hot enough to need such beastly cooling.

It's an idiot test. If someone recommends Noctua you know to disregard their opinion from there on

I bet you have rgb ram

itt: nobody mentions pic related

>he doesn't live dangerously

do guys know where I can get the NF-A14 industrialPPC-24V-3000 IP67 PWM?
noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-24v-3000-ip67-pwm
Can't seem to find it anywhere

Because it doesn't even compete...
Also it's a modern Antec fan, watch out for shrapnel since they throw blades all the fucking time.

pumps that have to move water through that many components get pretty loud desu

>not having your cooling water piped outside and having all your pumps/radiators/etc there.

Passive cooling here

>buy good CPU
>stock cooler isn't shit like Intel's
>buy good case
>comes with a full set of fans
Well this sure was easy.

That radiator is a little too big don't your think?
What fans are you using with it?
How much liquid do you have to use?

No fans at all, passive. Not mine though, but it's real.

sweclockers.com/galleri/13375-husradiator-till-vattenkyld-prestanda-pc (in Swedish)

>just buy a gaming laptop!
>no need for a workstation

God you're dumb

If you're going to buy something that big it better keep the temps at 10C

It got too popular, now autists are out to prove it's not as good as it should be for its pricepoint.

It's going to keep the temps at room temp, why would you want a 10c room?
Moreover, it helps heating under the desk for free.

Big radiators like that are cheap as fuck too, since they're just used for actual heating...
>Make sure you've got alu fittings and blocks though, no copper in those beasts)

The problem is having a pump powerful enough to actually feed water through the fucking thing at a reasonable rate. Not to mention having a large enough reservoir.

You don't need a reservoir any bigger than you do for any other rad, just a lot more fluid in filling.
Pump needs to be 'bigger' but not hugely, do the massive cooling surface, you don't need huge flow rates across it.
If you're worried about low flow rates across the CPU/GPU blocks (or wanting to use copper blocks there) get something like this to separate the rad loop and the block loop.
koolance.com/hxp-135-compact-plate-heat-exchanger

Just 8 of those fuckers would consume almost as much power as an R9 290X.
Sounds like fun. I need to get me a couple of those.

Just how thirsty are those fans? A 290x is a power hungry monster. That said I once used 2 delta fans (differentm odel) to assist in cooling a 4.7ghz 8 core vishera chip. Sounded like an airport at full throttle but kept the cpu at 50c when running prime95 for hours on end on a motherboard no way built to handle the power draw (I actually had to mount a 90mm fan over the rear of the mobo vrms to keep them from melting).

I'm sure they can. I don't water cool myself, I prefer air cooling but I imagine there must be a company out there that sells quiet pumps that can handle moving liquid through that many components.

The loudest thing on my H115i is the fans. At idle it's just about silent.

>Just how thirsty are those fans?
3A*12V, so 36W per fan.

>That said I once used 2 delta fans (different model)
probably lower tier ones. 3A are pretty rare. I had one 3A delta once, the fucking thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and I'm talking about the old ones, not the new ultra quiet bullshit.
I accidentally stuck a screwdriver into it, blew the blade clean off and dented the screwdriver.
Yes, it dented a hardened steel screwdriver. You DO NOT want to get a finger in there.
I never bought another one because after this incident I figured nobody should have this much power.

And I can run Prime95 all day long on my o/c'd Skylake and never touch 80c

that is not passive since it need waterpump.

But I'm assuming you touch 70c, possibly even 75c?
That's pretty hot.

-t NH-D14 on 4930K 4.4ghz that never exceeds 70c (68c on 4 hour prime in 35c ambient - welcome to Australia)

rad.

> 3A are pretty rare

Nope - was two 3A fans pulled out of a couple old dell office machines that were being dumped. I still have them sitting in my parts collection because for some reaso nI couldn't ever get the pwm working even when wiring them up correctly (they went 100% all the time even when splitting the pwm to the mobo and power from the psu (i'd rather not burn out my motherboard headers)).

Opinion disregarded
Basically you know nothing of fans
Noctua actually works unlike your shit

why the fuck can't Scythe come back to the European market? I remember buying a Scythe cooler for my Athlon X2 CPU back in the day and it was fucking neat

Are these things pretty good for cases fans? They just look so nice inside peoples' builds, I'd accept medium performance as long as they're reliable.

How are the Fractal Design Silent R2 Series fans? I like the black frame with white blades look, if they aren't too awful I think I'll go with them.

Any pump would do.
I'll let you think about it so you realize how much of a mistake you posted.

get the ML120. best fans on the market at a cost of course.

you're fucking retarded if you think laptop can have the same performance as desktop pc, and if i need portable computer x86 tablet is the only sane choice, laptop is dead

>deliberately choosing one of the industrial noctua fans instead of one of their quiet ones
the NF-A12 is substantially quieter, for example.

what about the ML 140s?

Same thing but bigger. 120mm size vs 140mm size. Whichever your case/cooler fits

N
E
H
WHEN
H
E
N

What's a good cooler for AM4 that I can mount with the fan(s) facing the rear of the case?

just slap a second fan to the back of one of these and be done with it.

anything more is excessive

cooler master fans are a nightmare

Even better, swap the stock fan for a Gentle Typhoon AP-14

my 6700k hit 90c with one of those, with two fans attached, and that was in Realbench.

that's fairly impressive desu for the noctua graph to be using the 2000rpm industrial model

Dude my fan and plates of metal are better than your fan which also has plates of metal! haha!

These are my temps on Prime, even with too much voltage. I'd really like to see a comparable build with a DH15