Skylake-X uses mayonase

DELID DIIIIIIIIIS

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html
overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Asus-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-X399-motherboard.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DELID DIS

JEW JIZZ INSIDE(tm)

No it's 100% jewjizz

KIKE KUM KONFIRMED

KIKED

They can't solder it because Skylake-X uses a stacked PCB design.

JIZZ INSIDE

gotta save those 3 cents on a 6000 USD product

>18 cores
>not soldered

I guess they want to limit overclocking as much as possible so people actually have a reason to buy Xeons

1kg of gold = 40000 usd
1000 processors = 1kg of gold

>Thinking kikes would sacrifice their gold to put into CPUs
OY VEY!

It's deliberate, they know the overclocking "scene" isn't so scary to normies anymore so they do what they can to limit the top-ends.

What's that goyim, you want more cycles? Well that's gonna cost a few shekels...

Stop hating on Intel. Intel has some of the best engineers in the world when it comes to metallurgy. They know exactly what they are doing and the reason for conventional thermal paste in recent desktop CPUs is not as simple as it seems.

Micro cracks in solder preforms can damage the CPU permanently after a certain amount of thermal cycles and time. Conventional thermal paste doesn’t perform as good as the solder preform but it should have a longer durability – especially for small size DIE CPUs.

Thinking about the ecology it makes sense to use conventional thermal paste. Gold and indium are rare and expensive materials. Mining of these materials is complex and in addition it’s polluting.

After soldering one of my 6700K CPUs I can tell it’s a pretty complex process. I’m still working on it and trying to make it available for extreme overclockers. However, I doubt that Intel will come back with soldered “small DIE CPUs”. Skylake works great even with normal thermal paste so I see no reason why Intel should/would change anything here.

If you honestly think there is one complete gram of gold in a procesor you are retarded

Post a source that says there's 1g of gold in a CPU or you're a faggot and a liar.

>Skylake works great even with normal thermal paste so I see no reason why Intel should/would change anything here.

7700k is kabylake.

Is this the $2000 ones?

Why wouldn't they at least us a liquid metal type thermal paste then?

tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html

>The LGA2066 socket is compatible with LGA2011 cooling solutions, which is a plus. However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option, which will add more cost to the overall solution.

>However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option,
>minimum cooling option
>minimum

Looking real Bulldozer there, Intel

How about they start using GOOD thermal paste instead? The problem is not that they don't solder anymore, simply replacing stock thermal paste gives temp improvement.

5 rupees have been deposited in your account Rajesh.

Broadwell-E was soldered so yeah, this is just Intel being Intel.

Of how much? 2°?

4 core 4 thread one kek

Is it me or is it not even fully sealed? There is a gap in the adhesive.

Bullshit. Broadwell-E also used a stacked PCB design and that was soldered. Intel have just gone full kike with these. The overclocking shoah must be eliminated once and for all!

2 degrees is a lot we it makes the difference of being able to use enough voltage for the clocks you are after.

solder is made of gold now?

Jew tears are.

Both surfaces need to be 'tinned ' with gold, for the solder to work.

This is true. I soldered two wires together on my dirt bike once and I had to go to the bank and buy a 1/8 ounce of gold for $200 to do it.

Why the fuck you're using indium solder is beyond me. But yes, that's the correct process.

Nobody cares. In a normal usage scenario there won't be any thermal problems.

Just ignore the screaming autists.

More likePresshot

In a "normal" usage scenario Intel recommends water cooling.

>literally $1000+ CPUs not soldered
>$1000 for the cheapest CPU with 44 PCIe lanes
What the fuck are they doing? Do they want to get assraped by AMD, what the fuck is this shit? I hope Threadripper is priced reasonably and performs well and fucking destroys Intel.

If the CPUs with TurboBoost 3.0 (on TWO cores now, holy sheet) can't exceed their TDP or stay cool, it will definitely have an effect.

sauce?

Why not read the thread?

How pathetic. Intel's really afraid of overclocking eating away their profit margins

>Why the fuck you're using indium solder is beyond me.
ductility and thermal conductivity.

if soldering is so bad, why is broadwell-e soldered?

>Micro cracks in solder preforms can damage the CPU permanently
Those cracks were caused by skimping on gold. Intel did nothing to try and fix the issue than further attempting to reduce the gold content.
No heat control, no exploration of new solders.
>your post
overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
At lest rewrite the text pajeet.

wtf are these posts?
Intel will dominate with the 8core@4,5ghz.
You fucking retards have to buy a alpenföhn olymp, dark rock pro 3 or a aio watercooling system like a h115i or a nzxt kraken.

RYZEN is already fucked by a i7-7700k.
Imagine a 8 core INTEL with 4,5ghz.
This will be insane

>Imagine a 8 core INTEL with 4,5ghz.
Such a thing doesn't exist, genius

soon you retard.

That's TurboBoost 3.0 which brings up to 2 cores up to 4.5 GHz, exceeds the max TDP (will go over 160+ watts) and requires much beefier cooling if it's going to stay at 4.5 GHz for very long. It's also only on the high end (read: absurdly overpriced) models.

I'm old enough to understand that meme!

>he doesn't understand how TurboBoost works
>he actually thinks Intel is going to hit 4.5 GHz on 12 cores without a nuclear meltdown

4.5ghz in 2 threads.

>TFW you realize how Turbo 3.0 actually works
Hahahahahahahhaa

FUCK INTEL then.
But i don't want to buy a fucking AMD.
AMD is shit

>RYZEN is already fucked by a i7-7700k.
ahh yes, the 800x600 gaming market is so big these days
so like 20% ahead of ryzen on 800x600 and like 10% ahead on everything else?
k
wouldn't call dominating
my 5960x pretty much already gives me this performance
>can't even beat their own 3 year old product
thanks for all dat innovation intel

Why not?

If they actually make a decent product for once.

You seem to have not gotten the memo, AMD is winning.

>3.3GHz base clock on 10 core
>slightly more than 10% higher base clock over Broadwell-E 10 core
>Intel literally admitted SKylake-X 10 core is 10% faster than Broadwell-E 10 core in multithreading
>it's majorly thanks to slightly higher clocks

You can't make this shit up, this thing probably boosts to 3.6-3.7 compared to 3.5 on the 10 core Broadwell-E

This is beyond pathetic

If you want good price/performance 6/8 cores or HEDT, AMD is where it's at. If you want high clockspeed 4 cores for 1080p gayman, Intel is your option.

Ahahhaha

Wait, this is terrible, I don't want AMD to become a monopoly, Intel's TDP is counted with its base clocks, 160W on 3.3GHz!?
What would this be close to 4.0? 250W?

Is Intel completely fucking insane, look at the efficiency of the 8 core 1700 at 3.0.

>extreme megatasking
wow they actually said it this year again

Their entire architecture scales horribly. They should have had a new arch ready to go by now. Instead they sat there with their thumbs up their ass for 5 years straight.
OH FUCKKKKKKKKKK

>extreme enthusiasts with an extreme desire to get rid of their shekels

More IPC my fucking foot, the only place where Skylake-X will have more IPC is in tight loops running in the L2, which is practically nowhere besides the previous versions of CPU-z benchmark.

Intel marketing slides lying about performance improvements are practically standard issue bullshit by now.

can't look it up atm but iirc skylake actually extends the pipeline by 2 clocks to get higher frequencies
so if anything, it's a miracle it doesn't have lower IPC than broadwall

>DIE

> I don't want AMD to become a monopoly
My Athlon64 3200+ says otherwise. It was worth every penny and was competetively priced.

Coming soon to a socket near you.

>Remember, both AMD and Intel put trustzone/intelmanagement in their CPUs which shares the same code so that others can backdoor the cpu and get at whatever is going on, on every level.

Enjoy your botnets gamers.

That's why you build and write your own router.
Physical access backdoors don't count for the most part.

>PSP and IME share the same code
screeching and howling

Kek

but there is

LOL 4.5 on 8 cores HAHAHAHA

dude you're insane please READ SOMETHING AT LEAST

IME is on the MB while PSP is on cpu die which makes it worse

good goy

>water cooling highly advised
>not soldered

holy fuck jim keller the shit wrecker has completely tilted intel

cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Asus-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-X399-motherboard.jpg

5Ghz

Someone should change that from i7 to i9

I've used mayo on a cpu before and it works really well besides the fact that you have to wipe it up and reapply it ever 8 hours or so (desperate times for a computer I didn't care about). Intel knows what they're doing

>100°
>implying it's a bad thing
you can make coffee on it.

Oh no Skylake-X is a scam too. Intel's fucking bankrupt and finished. I'm fucking bankrupt and finished, I bought a shitton of INTC earlier in the month.

I would imagine its a lot like standing on Mercury when on the surface facing the sun

>Thermal Design Power (TDP) represents the average power, in watts, the processor dissipates when operating at Base Frequency with all cores active under an Intel-defined, high-complexity workload.

>Base Frequency
>140-165W TDP
This isn't even its final form.

>implying mayo is bad
its better than noctua paste

Some people have actually tried replacing the TIM with toothpaste and it works better than the stock TIM.
Though the problem is that it only lasts about 2 months and it evaporates into corrosive.

So while Intel TIM works WORSE than tooth paste, and probably mayo as well, for thermal conductivity, it does last better.

>artic silver 5 near the top
BULL SHIT.
I've seen half a dozen others that show that NT-H!, CP7, and others thermal pastes typically included with decent coolers significantly out perform artic Silver 5.
And MX-4 is typically right there up with them, also better than Artic Silver 5.

Do we actually need the lid? why cant we mount a cooler directly to the cpu?

SAY IT 10 TIMES FAST!

nth1 isnt even on that list. This is at least 5 yuears old.

Because the retention bracket for the processor puts pressure unilaterally around the perimeter of the IHS.

Without this pressure, the CPU doesn't make good, even contact with the pins on the motherboard.

Silicon if it is to be soldered to a heatsink has to be tinned with gold in order to properly bond
Hence why Ryzen does it, there needs to be gold for bonding. Can't just melt some solder onto your die and quickly put the IHS back on, that shit will not work

It's not the overclocking shoah - OC is still possible even with the kikekum. (although reduced)

This maneuver is designed to make the CPU 'break' after 2-3 years. No worries about goyim still using a CPU 6 years later because they forgot to innovate (like Sandy Bridge users today) because the CPUs will have failed.

This Isn't why

Processors used to not have heatspreaders, making them easy to crack if not properly tightened perfectly. Which is why little rubber nipple were added to the sides, and it didn't help much. Has nothing to do with pin contact

I want to see a test where someone very carefully scrapes (in one piece) the TIM off the bottom of Intel Stock Cooler to see if that actualyl better than the TIM under the lid.