Plasma 5.10 is here

youtube.com/watch?v=VtdTC2Mh070

I CAN INSTALL GENTOO NAO

dat half second load just for opening the file manager. rofl. good job KDE niggers, you really manage to fuck up every time all the time. fuck you

Lock screen / login screen used to take 10 % CPU constantly - I think it was the clock update function. Is this insane battery drainage fixed now?

Plasma, is the name chosen to reflect the heat of the fury when the user belatedly discovers that Kmail has destroyed all the emails?

i love the on screen keyboard especially for login, but cant other des already do that? everything else seems like shitty workflow, especially desktop folder pop ups

>even in the preview video it's slow as shit
Amazing.

In my experience KDE is much faster than GNOME and it uses less resources.

They're both shit.

at least it works unlike some meme that needs to be riced to have basic features

>needs to be riced
>to have basic features
Since when did ricing add functionality? There are half a dozen better DEs than KDE and you know it.

Oh, really? Which DEs do file picker better than KDE again?

Here I am kindly bumping your thread and you go the >muh file picker route.
Winblows had a superior picker over 2 decades ago and ALL the DEs have comparable pickers now.

Isn't it the best DE available?

>and ALL the DEs have comparable pickers now
Most of them still use the shitty GTK one.

Aaand
/thread

Looks pretty good. i3 user here, would consider it if I wanted a full featured desktop. Bet the naysayers ITT are just xfce users salty about their wonky fisher price DE.

Oh, and about that "my thread" - pic related.

Looks good.

Is it stable enough though?

And how's Wayland support going?

>Is it stable enough though?
It has been since Plasma 5.6. Turning off experimental options under compositor settings, if those are for some reason enabled by default, prevents any Plasma crashes. You should definitely use KDE.

>using a fucking mouse
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breathes in* aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahah

Why do you have linux on a stationary computer? Just why? Stationary computers are for gaming and windows. Stop being gay.

This

KDE btfos all other DEs simply because of KDE Connect

Just fuck off and use you stupid-ass Xfce or DWARF
Dumb haters

REEEEEEE PONE EL NUEVO PAQEUTE MAS RAPIDO, HIJO DE PUTA, ANTONIO ROJAS

>KDE
>Being Stable
>Ever

KDE Plasma 5 is absolute shit and made me go back to Windows.

I was clearing out all my old shit the other day (build a pc without disk drive so decided to throw old useless disks away) and came across OpenSUSE 11.4 DVD and thought I'd take a trip down nostalgia lane.

Downloaded the ISO from archives, installed, updates, KDE 4.6, so fucking comfy and nice to look at. Then I installed Arch over it with KDE to try out the latest Plasma, still total ugly shit with a whole bunch of white space, poorly aligned menus/buttons/panels/etc and just made me want to throw up.

>Trying software before it's ready.
>Complains that it is buggy.
Yeah, I'll stick to plasma 5.8.6 on my stable gentoo system while you break your system with Arch.

My system isn't broken because I use Windows and did all this in a VM where it belongs.

I can see why all paid Linux options (RH, SLES) use GNOME by default and everyone else is following along, it may have taken me 10 minutes to get used to it but overall it looked nice and all the applications where of a much better quality and cleaner looking keeping all the shitty menus I rarely ever touch out of the way.

Plasma shills should just do the world a favour and neck themselves.

> Turning off experimental options under compositor settings
Like what options?

Even if KDE is not that bad it's impossible to switch to mouse De after using i3

>Hurr Durr all the paid desktops use Gnome.
>Hurr Durr I use windows
>Hurr Durr I can't use linux correctly
>Hurr Durr If you use plasma you should die
>Hurr Durr I like to jack off into my mouth
Yeah, OK kid.

Not everyone has ADD and need everything to load to ram in 1 ms

mátate a ti mismo

Psh nothin personell kid

you have to go back

Since January 11 2008, for the first time KDE actually looks like a sane Desktop I'd use. Does it still crash randomly, segfault and doesn't start applications at all? Because actually feel like giving it another try but the past teached me to hold no expectations regarding KDE.

KDE broke for me once when I was still using Antergos, but since I switched to Arch it's been pretty stable. I remember that I was playing with widgets and it just shat itself. Had to log in as root and restore it to defaults. It aint perfect but I love it anyway.

I had no stability issues since Plasma 5.4.

>Guise, I use Gentoo.
>Did I happen to mention, I use Gentoo?
>I'm using Gentoo,guise.
>Good luck with your inferior distros, shoulda installed Gentoo.
>Gentoo is magic,guise, you gotta believe me.

>anonymous pro / pt mono

>Creating excuses for being slow and shit.

I have shit to do. Maybe your NEET ass is fine with wasting time docking around, but I'm not.

I think there's only one now. Not hard to find.

You sure proved me wrong now.

Antergos is just Arch with an installer.

I think it also patches its own shit into the kernel and has separate repos for that.

It's preconfigured, customised and loaded with shitty software so I wouldn't call it an "arch with an installer".

I also had a lot of issues with Antergos while Arch just werks.

Nah, they use the vanilla Arch kernel. You can check for yourself.

>select base install
>install nothing but the base system
Wow so hard!

Also another point to make you look stupid, take a look at what repos Antergos use and realize the only thing different from Arch is the repo that provides extra fluff like icons and themes. Yeah, that's right, Antergos uses the Arch repos. It's fucking Arch with an installer.

Except like not shipping gdm with gnome

Arch ships with nothing.

better than shipping gnome with broken functionality

So choose the minimal install. And if you know how to use Arch (or just Linux for that matter), swapping out lightdm for gdm is a trivial matter.

>not only a spic but also a catalufo

KDE needs to hire some UX designers...
Bragging about resizable stuff by dragging on a corner in ${CURRENT_YEAR}...

t. never used KDE

Not him, but I used KDE for a few months towards the end of 2016 and it crashed so fucking much that I just gave up on it
It's funny, because I was giving KDE another shot after the previous year because people were saying that the new plasma update made it significantly more stable
So is it actually stable now, or is it just stable enough that it's usable for shitposting?

they always say its stable ,and when you try latest kubuntu/opensuse/fedora they always say you need to use something arch based (because stable versions of kde are not stable and you need new best bleeding edge) and after installing arch you get called a faggot.
Sup Forums is like Sup Forums , but with extra steps from posting to getting called a fag.

SHUT THE FUCK UP PACO AND GET BUILDING

Just use Antergos KDE and be done with it.

id rather use debian jessie with the last sane kde version. Which was pretty insane at the time but now seems like the pinnacle of sanity.

so Debian will have it in about 10 years?

Oh gawd my dik

WIDGETS WIDGETS WIDGETS WIDGETS WIDGETS WIDGETS

Did they fix that retarded clipboard manager?

nigga how often do you open and close your file manager in Linux? it has tabs there's no reason to ever close it completely

gay de sucks shit, is buggy, is slow, is ugly

Kde is best de, literally no other DE can compete, gnome is close but kde is better

KDE has a LTS bug fix version now. Install KDE Neon.

KDE is ugly. Otherwise it would be the best. Gnome is an abomination.

Fuck the desktop folder view bullshit.
>drag files from file manager to desktop
>shows up on desktop
>delete it from folder
>Go to move it to another folder
>kde pops up about shit not actually being there and having been deleted from the original location
>tfw fucked by the file linking jew again

>clock isn't fuckhuge
How

I forgot to mention it's not mine. If I had to guess, he just set a smaller clock font.

>2017
>kde still ugly
wew

>50fps video
Do they even make 50fps monitors anymore?
wtf are they doing

looks pretty cool desu

you have to know how to level the bottom bar.

Also, lock the bottom bar.

>when the user belatedly discovers that Kmail has destroyed all the emails

TOP KEK

If it wasn't for KDE I wouldn't have switched to Mac.
Thanks KDE!

When is wayland going to be usable?

What
KDE is considerably faster than Gnome on my machine

it's to make the framedrops less noticable

gnome still looks aesthetically more pleasing

>all that bloat
o i am laffin

I prefer file picker bloat.

>wayland
>usable
oh my, my sweet summer child...

Why did canonical choose a half baked, moving target, never stable joke DE instead of KDE?

I like that recursive drag and drop
It's a waste of time but it's cool

looks allright

>still not in the Arch stable repos

So much for bleeding edge

>year of our Lord, 2017
>Still using a bulky desktop environment instead of a minimal wm

Do you ever wonder why everything runs like shit on your PC?

Just learn to use i3 or bspwm. It takes 2 days to get used to.

AM I DOING IT RITE BOYS?
WHAT TO EXPECT?
IS IT WORSE THAN UNITY?

picture

Some of us use our computer for more than just ricing for desktop threads.

This
And how does using baby duck software help you accomplish that?

Ehhh, you'll grow out of it, kiddo. Just give it a bit more time.

>And how does using baby duck software help you accomplish that?
Not him, but it literally just werks and let me get muh shit done

>i3 or bspwm
some basic mouse support for dragging shit around ( and outside of screen boundaries ), as well as minimize/maximize/close buttons would be splendid for when i only have one hand free