Password hint is required

>password hint is required

Why does Microsoft insist users weaken their Windows login security?

in case u forget dumbo xD

>creating a thread is easier than entering "benis" in that text field

dumb feelposter

Password hint was actually invented as an additional layer of security. You're mean to put something misleading in there. E.g. my password is 'password1' but my password hint is 'moms name'. Unless someone happens to have a mom named password1 they'll never be able to guess it.

This is how Sarah Palin's emails got hacked

she picked her secret questions on yahoo mail to be "what street did you grow up on" and "what was the name of your first pet"

information that is publicly available about her

some guy just changed her password and downloaded her emails

Requiring a hint leads users to type a clue when they otherwise would have written the entire password on a sticky note. This has no bearing on a knowledgeable attacker but it actually increases security against a casual passer-by.

There's also nothing stopping the user from putting in filler such as -.

"Give it back, Tyrone."

>she picked her secret questions
>information that is publicly available about her

those quads!

But exactly that. If you pick something that truly only YOU know, it's additional security/acceptable fallback. That and if it's implemented properly (ie. doesn't allow an attacker to spam half a million guesses per second)

My parent's Windows password hint is the password itself.

I tried to talk to them about it but they don't care.

Want to know what it is? It is:

8sebastian8

the name of their dog

That will still give them information on you, which in turn could result in them guessing the correct password faster.

Why didn't they go full gaymurr and named their dog something like xXx5eb4st1/-|nXxX?

I've seen church's that have their computer password as the name of their church and the hint as something like "this place". At least I didn't need to ask for the password when doing tech support.

>Password Hint:
None

wtf. thats my password

Well only retards use Windows, so fair enough I'd say.

>password:
>deisismuhpassward
>hint:
>fuck you

Wow so vulnerable.

Password hint: fuck off

password hint: get off my computer you fag

>not using the smiley with a carat nose

Your answer is supposed to be completely unrelated to the question asked. Well, maybe not "supposed to be," websites should suggest that though.

Just press a space you moron

You people put in so much effort.
I've literally only ever used a single space bar to fill the hint because I couldn't be arsed to put anything more in there.

>press a space

>show hint
>"Hard mode enabled!"

Because the typical user is retarded