Our sales are down

>our sales are down
>ADD MOAR CORES

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html
tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html
ark.intel.com/products/93804/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8867-v4-45M-Cache-2_40-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expect that aren't down.

Intel is doing better than ever. Their bread and butter (normal Pentium to Core i5s) are selling like hotcakes while their server/workstation tiers (Xeons) are enjoying their fortress.

This stunt makes no bloody sense. Somebody at Intel thinks it is still 1990s.....

AMD only threatens Intel's workstation/server line-up with upcoming Epyc and Threadripper.

>AMD only threatens Intel's workstation/server line-up with upcoming Epyc and Threadripper.
That is where most of their money is coming from.

Latest HEDT is an attempt to get rid of binned xeon rejects by selling them to goys at absurd prices, like usual.

>Intel is doing better than ever.
>q1 desktop sales fucking DROPPING with R7 only having three fucking weeks to sell
Good goy.

>our sales are down

Really makes you think

>Steam surveys are indicative of the market as a whole
Really makes you think.
cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

Q4 should be fun, that's when OEM sales, threadripper sales and mobile sales come in.

Top kek

Intel just keeps laughing all the way to the bank

think about killing yourself, dumb memespamming Sup Forums fucktard

Every time you post this shit you end up BTFO. The sales data doesn't get reset every two seconds.

>I hate facts

How about a fact where Intel's PC sales were down 13% QoQ with a full quarter of Kabylake revenue?

Proofs.

Oyyy-veeeey.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oy! They know.

>Steam surveys
lmao what. This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

Did they launch Kabylake at the start of the quarter expecting this? It would probably have been closer to 20% if Kabylake was Q4 2016

literally annudah shoah

Man i can't imagine how devastating the rest of the year will be for Intel.

Not as much as next year or Q4 this year when AMD has all its products rolled out.

>our sales are down
>let's make processor nobody can buy

Check 7800X out, though.

Goodbye Ryzen, nice knowing you.

>3.5/4.0
Lmao, Ryzen 6 cores is half the price and isn't a housefire at the same clocks.
Plus, it won't need a $200+ motherboard or liquid cooling

>$200 for shit-tier mobo
>also a fucking housefire
Lmao.

Um, sweetie, Rypoo is shit. No one wants 2011 performance.

Your tears are beyond delicious.

>mUH CLOCKS MUH FIRE INSURANCE MUH DELID
>Intel now has a 6 core at 3.5GHz please buy it's only 100% more expensive than Ryzen

Roflmao

Remember when AMD poojeets cried how power usage doesn't matter whenever TDP was mentioned?
>I w-want performance, not power efficiency
>no one cares about power consumption, it's literally a few dollars a year
Now they incessantly bring it up in every thread. Why are AMDead pajeets such hypocrites?

Laughing at 4.0GHz when vast majority of Ryzens can't be clocked beyond 4.1? Remember the better IPC and memory peformance.

What comes to coolers, as if Nehalem at 130W required liquid cooling. Slap a Noctua on, clock to 4.5GHz+ and have a chip which is better than Ryzen across the board.

Of crouse, if you want to compete with 6c/12t ryzens a 4c/8t Intel is plenty.

FYI, this is the national suicide hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE

Remember how power usage is all you could talk about Bulldozer and GPUs until Zen? Now you don't want to?

Keep crying, and get your anus ready for another round of gassing

>power usage is all you could talk about Bulldozer
Buldozzer was trash in every way imaginable.
>Now you don't want to?
And you don't want to talk about performance. Intel is still leading and they're about to widen the gap even further, you Indian subhuman.

>MOAR TDP!
>Stock clocks no higher than Ryzen despite being HEDT.
>Crippled chips with no quad channel RAM and low numbers of PCIe lanes (surely the only reason anyone would go HEDT outside of business workstations)
>Who needs solder for heatspreaders? Customers can just delid their $2000 CPUs if they want to overclock.
>Who needs affordable motherboards?

Threadripper is going to tear X299 to shreds for enthusiasts.

tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html

>The LGA2066 socket is compatible with LGA2011 cooling solutions, which is a plus. However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option, which will add more cost to the overall solution.

>However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option,
>minimum cooling option
>minimum

Get those deliders ready.

Because that was for gaming. Where you'd run the machine for less than 5 hours a day, and not at 100% useage for most of that time.
But here we have 12 cores for business applications where you run the fucking thing flat out 8-24hrs, 24/7, 52weeks of the year.

>Intel is still leading
Hello IMG_XXXX.

Intel recommending != actual requirement.

A good air cooler with decent paste is plenty. Delid might be required for good OCs, though, since they jewed and didn't solder these.

Nice argument, Indian.

Yeah, actual requirement is a $80 aircooler with 3 fans so turboboost doesn't actually gimp itself at 3.4GHz

lmao all this shilltel damage control.

Wait, wasnt AMDs Q1 also lower than Q4 ? Sound like its normal in this industry.

AMD's Q1 was flat compared to their Q4.
But they bundle their CPU and GPU sales together, so it's not exactly known.

What's the difference between the i9 and Xeon? Will it have a fucking iGPU?

Q4 is holiday season, it's the most profitable quarter, MAD doing as good in Q1 as in Q4 is very fucking good for a technological company, especially considering they had no Q1 launches besides Ryzen 7, and that was only for 20 days, so far from a full quarter.

They're unlocked and don't support ECC.

i9 are shitty binned 1S Xeon abortions (now dead and irrelevant due to EPYC) with thermal jizz and unlocked multi.

Yeah those data centers are really big on christmas sales.

wat

this just proves that intel are pieces of shit

for several generation they havent brought to the table such price/performance chips, suddenly they release a whole lineup with more cores and unlocked for overcloking.

No ECC, less validation, gayming motherboards.

That doesn't make sense, nobody is saying about about datacenter sales.
It's strictly consumer compute and graphics.

>unlocked for overcloking.
Well done Intel well done HOWEVER

It's not that long before tax time, and holidays allows downtime to happen in refitting the center without much disruption.

A corporation in it for the money?

Oh dear.

>unlocked for overcloking.
I don't see an K...

T. InShill

>Intel is doing better than ever
lol no

>3.5/4.0
amd is clocked higher

1600x > 7800x

ark.intel.com/products/93804/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8867-v4-45M-Cache-2_40-GHz

>$4,672.00

Getting 18 cores for $1,999 is a steal, as usual AYYMDPOORFAGS don't know shit

There's also way more Chryslers on the road than Ferraris. Your point?

>8S version
You're not even trying anymore, IMG_xxxx-kun.

not an argument

>being this retarded

w-wait are you telling me those models are not overclockable??

Thermal jizz. You have to DELID FUCKING $2k CPU TO HAVE PROPER FUCKING TEMPS.

Glad that's cleared up then! Why did you post the non-argument, though?

You can overclock but good luck getting anywhere without delidding your $1000+ CPU.

I'm not sure if the $100 dollar premium is worth the extra PCIE slots but higher TDP and less L3 cache.

1800X is a bad buy, 1700 is much cheaper.

You mean $200 premium? X299 mobos cost a lot.

the fact that the 1800x was selling far better than the 6900k isnt an argument, its a fact

>Ryzen comes out. Intel shill meme 'MOAR COREZ!'
>Intel core count 'suddenly' goes up.
>Intel shills try to use it as an argument against AMD.

You can't make this shit up.

captcha = hottest house

Intel is changing from 256kB L2 to 1MB L2 to improve IPC, comparing L3 like that doesn't give the full picture.

>Sup Forums
> I, hate facts

Really makes you think

lol those motherboards are going to start at $300.

>imrpove IPC
It's to make AVX512 work. It would have higher IPC only for loops that fit into L2, which are almost nonexistant.

All the benchmarks will be single threaded gayming, when the boost clock allows it to perform.
Also quick encoding/productivity benchmarks that are complete before the thing starts catching fire and throttle back to base clock.
Then nobody will actually buy this shit, but shill on Sup Forums will proudly claim Intel is so much superior. Regardless of how much they're jewing us.

Unless it's cache aware programs, more L2 won't increase IPC, in fact L2 access should be higher latency now.

Anyhow, L2 increase is mostly for AVX512 and not much more, a large pool of L3 historically helped Intel's IPC, but lowering it won't help them at all.
It's gonna be another 2-3% IPC increase at best.

You could buy good X99 boards for under $200 on launch day (MSI X99 SLI for example). I really don't think it will be any different here, especially with Kaby X entering the market

Adding firehazard to an already hazardous situation.
I wouldn't feel safe housing this thing if it wasn't running a good amount of quality vrms.

>good board
>msi
kek

top butt hurt

How long until Intel releases ©Ultra Threading™ enabling a full 3 threads / core in order to successfully fake MOAR KORS?

This exactly what I wanted to happen though. :) Intel sales down=cheaper Intel.

>3+2 VRM
It's like you want your fucking house to burn down

taking a page out of AMD's book except actually going to make it work

lol even their previous HEDT platform was an overpriced mess that nobody bought.

>taking a page out of AMD's book except actually going to make it overpriced
FTFY

the strongest

Yes, it's true. Only a big baka would buy this CPU.

Intel rejects your laws, foul toilet witch.

> he saved my shoop
Maybe I should shop more meme pictures.

It's a pretty hot meme desu.

Q1 sales are typically lower than Q4 you cherry picking faggot