Core i9-7960X: 16C/32T, $1,699
Core i9-7940X: 14C/28T, $1,399
Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T, $1,199
Core i9-7900X: 10C/20T, $999
Core i7-7820X: 8C/16T, $599
Core i7-7800x: 6C/12T, $389

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-core-i9-7920x-7900x-7820x-7800x-x299-leaked/
overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_s_skylake-x_and_kaby_lake-x_cpus_will_not_be_soldered/1
tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html
zolkorn.com/en/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-vs-intel-core-i7-7700k-mhz-by-mhz-core-by-core-en/view-all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DOA.

Remember

I'm pretty mad I bought a i7 6700K a year ago.

There's like 8 threads on this shit right now. Come on already.

>6 cores for more than the price of the 8 core R7 1700
>8 cores for more than the 1800X
>10+ core models that will be massively undercut by Threadripper and Epyc
>which won't suffer from major thermal issues because they're soldered
Intel is cruising for a bruising
>IT'S ANNUDAH SHOAH

>Core i7-7820X: 8C/16T, $599
>Core i7-7800x: 6C/12T, $389

these sound nice but feelsbadman that i don't get the i9. 1k is too much for a cpu imotbhfam

>There's like 8 threads on this shit right now.

can you read? there are up to 36 threads now

Alright, you got me there.

suddenly Intel can do this too

2,000$ and i have to delid it?

doa

stop trying to meme you retarded sales person

>450W TDP
>300W TDP

ayyyyyyyyyy

Lol yeah that's stupid as fuck, not regretting building my 1800x rig now

Not to mention the cheapest mobo for Intels new platform is probably gonna be around 300$

>these sound nice

the only one im interested in and if you cant OC all 8 cores to at least 4 ghz then its trash.

>18 core chip
>Not for servers (delid and no ECC)
>Not for gaming (mediocre clocks and excessive cores)
Is this supposed to be better than Xeons at raw computational performance (i.e. for scientific research and shit)? I'm not familiar with the current Xeon line up, mostly because their naming scheme is fucked up.

not worth it at ALL hahaha

I am retarded, but can you even overclock this? (if you want to burn down some buildings for example)

>thermal jizz
No. Don't even try.

>450W
what the fuck
I though FX 9590 TDP was bad

>Those prices
Is Intel even trying any more?

AMD and Intel are going full retard with all these cores meme cpus.

We don't need more than 6 cores. We've thank amd for pulling this cores bullshit.

wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-core-i9-7920x-7900x-7820x-7800x-x299-leaked/
What? They seem to vary between 140 and 165W

Intel rates TDP at base clocks

Would you tell my VMs that I don't need that many cores?
Maybe they will run faster on my 4 core i7 if they know that more cores are useless.

They're binned rejected Xeons. Their primary purpose is extracting more shekels from dumb goys. The 18 core is going to run at like 2.8 GHz base, lol.

Want to OC? Hope you're ready to DELID your shiny new $600+ CPU.

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_s_skylake-x_and_kaby_lake-x_cpus_will_not_be_soldered/1

1800X at $480 plus a $125 mobo is still a better deal. X299 mobos going to start at $275-$300 for a halfway decent one.

Was they?

>halfway decent one
If you buy anything but the cheapest asus/gigabyte/msi board available you got memed out of your hard earned shekels.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

With the TDP on those things, I wouldn't be surprised if buying a cheap X299 caused some melting sockets and magic smoke to escape.

Gas yourself :^)

Lol yeah i bet those rgb lights, free more sata and USB ports are worth it.

Not to mention the fact that msi is probably the best when it comes to memory support

>uses vms
You're just autistic.

Yes, I know. Do these stupid goyim not understand that the human eye can't feel more than 4 cores!?!?!?!?

Don't forge the liquid cooling!

tomshardware.com/news/intel-x-series-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-x299-basin-falls-core-i9,34545.html

>The LGA2066 socket is compatible with LGA2011 cooling solutions, which is a plus. However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option, which will add more cost to the overall solution.

>However, Intel now recommends water cooling as the minimum cooling option,
>minimum cooling option
>minimum

Looking real Bulldozer there, Intel

Never mind i misread that, fuck I'm tired

>buy this expensive liquid cooling setup to make up for the solder we skimped out on!

Newsflash guys, virtual machines are of no use and in fact autistic.

They'd mean custom loops as well. Not some hackenstien AIO mount.
Bubble bubble, boil and trouble.
>explodingwaterheater.gif

>Intel right now

They don't need to try if your only competition is eating crayons on the corner.

Well they better start trying, because this sure as hell isn't a "eating crayons in the corner" effort.

>virtual machines are of no use

They are selling $100 Intel branded AIOs.

>Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T, $1,999
>Core i9-7960X: 16C/32T, $1,699
>Core i9-7940X: 14C/28T, $1,399
>Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T, $1,199
>Core i9-7900X: 10C/20T, $999
^
+$400 / 2 cores
>Core i7-7820X: 8C/16T, $599 Core i7-7800x: 6C/12T, $389

This

Nice tripple dubs btw

>for a great VR experience

>450W TDP
Wrong. It's 140W
>300W TDP
Wrong. It's also 140W

>18 core cpu
>actually has 19 cores
>1 additional core you can't disable and can't modify

What's going on here?

The current 10c/20t cpu is like $1600. A big drop.

Then again the people who buys the 6950X probably shits out money.

All of them have competition, dude. AMD is revealing more details on Threadripper within a few hours.

So can I throw my GPU in the trash when I get my hand on all these cores?

Are you retarded? The 7820X is $700 cheaper than the equivalent 6950X at launch. They replace a 10C CPU with a 16C one at the same price point. This is a massive price cut whether you like Intel or not.

Its the other way around - GPGPU is a future Intel is very worried about.

>GPGPU
Shit for anything but basic number crunching.

Right now it is, the thing is GPGPU is working towards being good enough to eliminate the need for what you could call desktop class cpus.

This, I think Intel is actually more worried about competition from Nvidia than AMD.

It's still gimped in comparison though, isn't it?

why pay 400 for 6core, when you can pay 230?

>the thing is GPGPU is working towards
ML memes.

So that you actually get a quality product and not bulldozer 2.0

but it all tested and it works fine 1600 is best buy right now for normal home use/gaming

The 1600 is anamazing chip.

And intel will easily take at least 4.4Ghz, just like 6800 does. Probably even better, since it is an update.

Soon memes will not be memes anymore with that fire hazard being released.

lmao that 6 core is not getting anywhere close to 4.4 GHz on all cores. Not without a delid job and watercooling.

>Tfw their is a chance that AMD will drop their prices even more

200€ 1600X when?

>IT CAN'T BE
Cause 90% of 6800 didn't, right?

Never, AMD wants these margins.

>bulldozer 2.0
Zen is not Bulldozer. Ryzen is not FX. IPC between Ryzen and Kaby Lake are near identical.

zolkorn.com/en/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-vs-intel-core-i7-7700k-mhz-by-mhz-core-by-core-en/view-all/

>pic shows i5 X
>doesn't post prixes or specs
WHat about the i5 X series?

the fact is 1600 easily does 100fps in any game is mostly gpu bound, intel might have like 10% do to the fact amd cores are glued together, but paying more than double for 10% more? Are you serious? (remember x299 cost like 2x more atleast than am4)

6800K was soldered, for one thing. 4.4 GHz is silicon lottery tier even on there. 4.2 GHz much more typical.
>buying a 4c/4t for a HEDT platform
lel.
He's a fanboy, what did you expect?

didnt they commented they are getting like 80%+ die success, thats indication they might drop prices once threadripper is officially on sale

>They're binned rejected Xeons
i dont think so, unless intel is taking their new cache layout into Xeon waters

We'll see how that goes once more about Threadripper is revealed in a couple of hours.

I thought the i5 X series was 4c/8t

LMAO go away you bootyblasted shekelchaser

see
It's 4c/4t.

they planned to call it i7 4/4, but literally got called out on it by everyone once it got leaked and rebranded it back to i5

There's only one i5-x and it's 4c/4t. The other "Kaby Lake X" s the i7-7740X which is 4c/8t.

I think the really funny part is they don't support ECC

Whats stopping AMD from releasing 32core threadripper? the socket is literally the same as there epyc line

>buy xeons if you want that, goy

>intel releases 18core monster for 2k
>amd drops the hammer and releases 32core for 2k
Intel would literally be done

4 cores?
What the fuck?
I hate intel now.

>140w
>160w

Threadripper fully supports ECC which is even more funny.

>propelyne glycol

vape lyfe

Hmm if I had to spend more money I guess either i7 7820X or 7900X would be my choices but I don't need to worry about intel CPUs for a long long time. Don't see why Sup Forums need this many threads about the pricing, performance, and news updates. Anyways not my problem to worry about this thread is mostly for users who are gonna have to worry about this stuff now.

Ryzen supports ECC but no AM4 motherboard validates any ECC kit.

are you retarded its discussion board about technology obviously there will be many threads discussing cpu wars that will finally start after 10years of hiatus

But TR4 mobos are supposed to be validated for ECC.

Is there a column for this chart to show which processors have to be delidded?

They will be - my main point is ryzen isn't cut down in any real way compared to what we know of threadripper. If someone made an ECC supporting AM4 board tomorrow you could make some rather cheap and relatively potent mini servers. IIRC Intel actively disables ECC support on their mainstream sockets.

So what sort of computer work would I be doing that would warrant one of these processors?