Xperia

I'm considering finally upgrading my phone (Xperia Z1)

Looking at the XZ Premium at the moment.

Any other Xperia being recommended over the XZ Premium? I wish it didn't have a fingerprint sensor though.

specs:
sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/specifications/

bump. I am also the xperia z1 owner

That bezel hahahaha what the fuck is sony thinking

thin bezel is a fucking meme, I wanna hold my fucking phone without touching the screen

Don't they have their updated models coming out soon? Thought I saw leaks.

How the fuck do you grip your phone, the bezle is thin on the side where your fingers actually are.

That phone is just 30% dead space, as if 9" smartphones aren't too big already.

what leaks? post them or gtfo.

XZ Premium isn't even out yet (june 1st)

The hell are you taking about m8? I already have one.

I have a huge boner for Japanese consumer technology because of anime, never understand why people choose pig disgusting LG (bootloops) and Samsung (S8's screen durability)
Fuck Koreans. Fucking pigs.

y so much bezel?

X compact owner here, I fucking love it.

its great op, buy it when it comes out

I upgraded from my Z2 to a Galaxy S8

Phone is comfy af, perfect form factor and even though the screen is 720p it's hard to notice.

Have shit eyes, and the 720p is good enough, I wouldn't notice higher resolution anyway.

But, low res is easy on the battery, which is great.

>1 year later and worse than the Z5 compact in almost every way
I'm dreading the day my Z5 compact dies, hopefully I'll be able to find another one to replace it easily enough if Sony doesn't bring out something better by then.

Do not, under any circumstances, buy a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. That's the phone I have, and I will soon be forced to get rid of it after owning it for less than 18 months. It still looks new but it doesn't work.
>4GB of internal storage, with 3.7GB used for Android, meaning you cannot use this phone for anything without an SD card
>An update killed it
>Constant boot loops
>Sometimes it refuses to find any phone signal, effectively bricking the phone
>The electronics inside it are useless; it won't connect to wifi any more even after I wiped it and reinstalled Android
>Only charges slowly, for no reason
>SD card used to fall out all the time
>Maybe this phone a shit because I keep it in my pocket and I do sweat a lot, but surely it's waterproof; that's the whole point of it
>I have taken it to two separate repair places which have refused to fix it because of how it's built and how this apparently means even trained experts cannot take it apart
>Battery drains rapidly for no reason and without warning
And, perhaps most atrociously of all...
>It's very hard to find solutions to these problems online because of all the people on forums who are complaining about other problems
>Seriously. No wifi. Imagine that in le current year

Fuck Sony. Never buy one of their phones ever again. As a personal favour to me, let them fail.

I've had plenty of Sony Ericssons ending with the Xperia Arc and they were all good, then I got an Xperia Z which was okay other than the awful battery life and the rear panel fell off. Replaced that with an M4 Aqua which started to fall apart within a few days, the plastic corner pieces fell off and the rear panel started to peel away. Replaced it with a Z5 Compact as the M4 was no longer available and it was the same price and it's been great.

I've had more good experiences than bad with Sony products (not just phones) so I'll gladly go with them again. Few companies are perfect and if you look hard you'll find shit products from all of them, but Sony can make some really good shit if they want.

As a Z3C owner, this thread is also relevant to my interests.

Can confirm M4 Aquas are shite. Surprisingly the only Xperia phone that has had such problems. Even the cheaper extreme low end ones.

t. electronics retail dealing with RMAs.

Sony shill here. Get it, OP. Best decision you'll make.

I have a Xperia E5, nice cheapo phone

Yeah Sony phone are good

I have the previous one, Xperia Z5 Premium. I like it very much but the new one cannot be justified for me so I'll keep mine and wait for the next generation.