When u interviewing a candidate for an entry level it role an the guy says he is familiar with "uboontoo"

>when u interviewing a candidate for an entry level it role an the guy says he is familiar with "uboontoo"

> when you're at an interview and the interviewer gets hung up on trivial shit like the pronunciation of Bantu words.

>not saying you're familiar with UNIX based systems

>tells me they know UNIX
>can't even navigate fsn

ive been using ubuntu for years and ive no idea how unix based systems work

yeah, well maybe if they didn't use a pooh file manager

Nothing wrong with this.

>when u interviewing a candidate for an entry level it role an the guy says he likes to wear programming socks

How is it pronounced?

>when u getting interviewed for an entry level it role and the guy is a filthy frogposter

UBUNDUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUU

>YOU-BOON-TOO, a DEE-BEE-EHN based distro.

>when you're interviewing a guy and he says line-ex

>when the manager of a development team points to a stack of 48 port switches and she asks what those hard drives are for

>when a user double clicks on web links

I suck at pronouncing words I never use irl. Is it you-bun-two?

U's in bantu languages are pronounced in a similar way to the end of the word "you", but formed in the back of the mouth and nose as opposed to on top of the tongue
The y sound is not heard in the word and the u sound is consistent throughout, it is never heard as the u in "but" or "bunny", although the second syllable is softer and rising. The two at the end is a good approximation although it is cut short and the "w" is not heard.

r. living in southern Africa.

Paul should make a video if he has not already done so.

>interview monkey for entry level position
>doesn't have ten years of paid experience

etsu batsu

>interview senior dev
>he's using Win10
>ask him why
>it's like the perfect OS and it also has Linux

>interview a pajeet for support position
>some networking knowledge would be nice, not much through
>check his CV, has CCNA and CCNP
>impressive, I guess ill just throw a few questions at him and skip the rest of networking stuff if its good
>"Can you explain to me how traceroute works?"
>silence
>"Okay, that's fine, can you tell me the difference between TCP and UDP?"
>"uuuuh, TCP is faster"
>"Right...... can you tell me what's the purpose of a mask in an IP address of a network?"
>"Eeeeeeeeee..........eee.......... the mask is used to hide hosts!"

Fucking liars.I don't think that guy even knows what CCNA is.

It does have Linux, though. Well, kinda.

I pronounce it "ew-bun-two", with the "ew" sounding more like "oo" in the word "boo"

aka, the proper way.
>pic related

>"So what's you're experience with Linux?"
>>"I use Arch"

just say Ubuntu like a sane person. that's what you got from retarded spelling system.

>>"So what's you're experience with Linux?"
>>"I use Arch"
This is literally me, when I was asked to handle Kali at work. They responded "Wow".