What does Sup Forums prefer for its mouse/keyboard, PS2 or USB?

What does Sup Forums prefer for its mouse/keyboard, PS2 or USB?

wireless

PS2 frees a USB port

RS232

PS2 masterrace

Never need drivers, more free usb ports

PS4 becuase it's not 2000 anymore

parallel port

Bluetooth

AM/FM

Play station 2 is the shit my boi
Mine still works and I play all of the old games on it like ratchet and clank and final fantasy and others

i use telekinesis

Touchscreen. We're not living in the stone age anymore

I prefer to use PS/2 when possible, but sometimes it's a pain in the dick because you actually have to turn the computer off to remove the keyboard and such. Plus a lot of boards don't have the port anymore, so USB becomes the most convenient choice.

So you have a touchscreen device in between your tower and your mouse/keyboard?

Yes
I bluetooth my ipad to my pc and use it as a wireless keyboard.

I have an ipad mini to use as a touch pad for gaming on the pc.

What's your problem?

So you look at your pc screen AND have your tablet turned on the ENTIRE time just to type on?.

That's a waste of electricity. You should consider going green.

PS/2 because no ghosting

They have limited colours moron. There is no green ipad.

My board doesn't have PS2 ports.

Bluetooth frees a USB port + PS2 port + desk + no cables.

The Android mascot is green, you should probably switch.

USB is superior to PS2 for mouse use since it uses polling instead of interrupts.

PS/2 because it's driverless and not polled

USB, as in No more bent plug pins.
>Free a USB-port
Weak poor fags argument.

PS/2 doesn't have exploitable microcontrollers

I sodered my keyboard to my board

I want them to find a way so that I can turn on my computer by typing a password using a USB keyboard.

PS/2 could do this.

Used to be categorally against anything without wire but after setting up a normie machine for mom I switched to wireless too, what a moron I was. So much more freedom now!

I prefer Xbox desu

Polling is bad. That is why PS/2 is considered superior to USB. And there are interrupts involved in USB too, except they occour after the polling, are shared with other devices, and are less direct. Anyway USB 3.0 has a mechanism to push events to the host instead of polling. But since mice are considered slow devices, and USB 3.0 requires extra wires, in practice no such mouse exists afaik. Most USB mice are USB 2.0 which is crap compared to PS/2.

It is not driverless. However the driver is much simpler and can be loaded earlier. The data path is shorter.

I have a USB keyboard that has a PS2 mouse port on the side so I can plug a mouse into the keyboard and plug the USB into compy running them both. One of my favorite keyboards

You know this is even worse.

>not plugging the keyboard directly to the CPU

I use it for web surfing on a Linux turdbox , I don't care about performance .

>Not using the cpu as a keyboard

>using the cpu as a keyboard
dude the contacts will get rusty
get a cool 1cm-thick night owl mechanical cover for your Pentyboard.

There is no reason to use PS/2 in 2017. N-key rollover was the last advantage they had and that was a meme that no one really needs, but USB has even had that for a few years now.

>not soldering your keyboard directly onto the CPU

enjoy your lag losers

USB faggot we live in the future this isn't an argument anymore.

ps/2 with a usb adapter

This.

ps2 for keyboard
usb for mouse

> owning a mouse

tpbp

PS2, but I always use USB because PS2 isn't a consideration for manufacturers anymore.

this

PS/2 just because I like my old keyboard and mouse. And current mobo has two ps/2 ports, so that's great.

this

And you forgot how to write

Those fumes get to you man