Apparently...

Apparently, according to the French media the name Occitanie is on the lead in the poll for choosing the name for the new region, beating other proposals such as Occitanie-Pays Catalan, Languedoc, Languedoc-Pyrènees and Pyrénées-Méditerranée.

How does this make you feel? Will Occitan experience a revival? Will catalanism rise in Northern Catalonia due to their exclusion from the name?

After abominations such as Hauts-de-France and Grand Est we finally get a new decent name. Hope that the name for the south-western region will just be Aquitaine.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitano-Romance_languages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Béziers?oldformat=true
youtube.com/watch?v=HlGO9IRJeqg
youtube.com/watch?v=jx1HqpfV6FE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you care?

Sometimes I have the impression France is a superpower since many people talk of anything and everything on Sup Forums while it's a shit country.

Regions are quite important in Italy.

Also it's nice to see the southern French being conscious of their history despite centuries of centralisation.

Also autism.

Because France is great.

we don't need more muh heritage.

>Will Occitan experience a revival?

Maybe but not thanks to this, I doubt it will have much impact

>literally one of the most important literary language during the Middle Ages
>PAS DE MUH HERITAGE
Yeah no fuck you

Revive Les Pays-Bas Français

Given the sociolinguistic prestige of Standard French, I doubt Occitan will see much of a revival.

Occitanie was a mistake

Catalan is still alive and well in northern Catalonia though.

Well I'm just saying this because pretty much anything can happen during this century, otherwise I don't see any reason it would rise again
The culture and heritage is popular here, but the language isn't spoken by a lot of people and certainly not as an everyday language, I don't know anyone who learned it at home either,always at school in option

Look, the good barons from the north crushed the quasi-secessionist southerners and their catharism ; they've been the bitch of the King of France since then.

pic related

Regional languages in Spain weren't raped as much as French ones tbf

Based Simon

That's not why the language almost disapeared tho

Northern Catalonia is what the french government calls "Roussillon/Pays Catalan".

Occitan was spoken by pretty much everyone in Southern France at the end of the XIX century m8.

What are you even talking about

true, but it showed them who was the boss in France.

peasants yes.

>peasants yes.
So what? It only means that it was the language of the people. Even the upper classes of Northern Italy spoke French.

Oh yeah right, since it's south for us I didn't realize

>peasants yes.

Not only no.
>Administrative language
>Lots of literature including poetry, theatre, novels, opera
>The troubadours export it everywhere in Europe
>Science language
>Trade language

New regions and new region names, that are decided through vote

Like a fellow countryman said earlier, it won't have much impact. French was well enforced, but at best occitan revival will only make the headlines of the local newspaper. I really don't know what do you expect. A total change ? France suddenly splits in two and the south speaks occitan ?

Plus our government is much more interested in pushing another culture here.

Also it depends what you mean with "alive and well". In that case too everyone speaks French in their everyday life and not much people know Catalan, it's not like Spanish Catalonia at all even if their kept a strong identity

Sure but I don't really see how it is relevant to saying "it's a peasant language"
Even if French overtook it it doesn't erase what it was before

J'ai supprimé mon poste parce qu'on tourne en rond en fait, j'ai toujours pas compris ce qu'attend l'OP.

>true, but it showed them who was the boss in France.

You sound like an unsufferable twat

Yes, we need more regionalism autism in Europe. It's great.

why ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

Bah il a juste largement surestimé la réforme des régions, d'autant que tout le monde qui ne soit pas né hier va continuer de parler de Languedoc-Roussillon et Midi-Pyrénées malgré la fusion

en effet

Well even I living in Occitania got to admit they were properly buttfucked

>Will catalanism rise in Northern Catalonia due to their exclusion from the name?
Necessitem algo millor, germà.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitano-Romance_languages

>Bataille

Well played, but getting stucked in a valley wihile getting massacred without possibility of retalation is not a battle.

>Capital: Fijac

Literaly why
It's qt but that'll all

Glorious, but the capital should be Toulouse and the flag is horrible.

>but also a realignment of the County of Toulouse, bringing it into the sphere of the French crown and diminishing the distinct regional culture and high level of influence of the Counts of Barcelona.

good crusade

It is, just a shit one
Crusaders were assholes anyway en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_at_Béziers?oldformat=true

Does anyone even say oc instead of oui anymore?

>the flag is horrible

The one on the bottom already exists so might as well use it

Daily reminder that Catalan people and Occitan people are literally the same, have the same origins, the language is basically the same and was exactly the same until some Catalan dumbfucks from Barcelona tried to restructurate it (looking at you Pompeu Fabra), where historically put together by themselves and foreigners and where only divided into "different peoples" until much later in history mostly due to the French and Spanish centralization.

>During the Middle Ages, for five centuries (8th to 13th) of political and social convergence of these territories, there was no clear distinction or separation between Occitan and Catalan. For instance, the Provençal troubadour, Albertet de Sestaró, says: "Monks, tell me which according to your knowledge are better: the French or the Catalans? and here I shall put Gascony, Provence, Limousin, Auvergne and Viennois while there shall be the land of the two kings."[2] In Marseille, a typical Provençal song is called 'Catalan song'. (M. Milà i Fontanals, De los Trobadores en España, p. 487)

Nope
Not people my age anyway, some grandpas do

The flag is horrible because the independentist Catalan flag (estelada) is horrible, it comes from the Cuban shitty flag and it hurts my eyes whenever I see it, on the contrary the Senyera is absolutely glorious. The shield in the bottom should be the flag.

lol.Catalan and Occitan aren't even official language.And Basque is an offical language even if there's no Basque in the country

L L I U R E
L
I
U
R
E

What?

In Spain in the region of Catalonia both Occitan and Catalan are official, although Occitan is mostly spoken in the Aran Valley we still have news in Occitan in the local public news channel for all the region (TV3-3/24).

Catalan is the sole official language in Andorra btw

Isn't it called Touluse?

Wew I forgot about them

vérifiés

fuck you

nice get frogger

SIXIXIXIX

completely wasted get.
embarrassing

South hate Italy more than North, don't think we will be friends because we changed our name.

checked

nice digits

faggot

fuck mon

>roleplaying countries
Kill yourself.

Andorra confirmed for being a myth

>satan sextuplets
Always knew it'd be a frog desu

Nice get satan

good digits mon ami

mon dieu

Toulouse is the biggest city of the region

Andorra confirmed for most irrelevant country on earth by Satan himself

comes once in a life time

Fuck I need to finish watching this show but don't remember where I left it

youtube.com/watch?v=HlGO9IRJeqg

unlike ur mum lmao

Roleplaying countries is the basis of Sup Forums newfag.

I finished binging it on Netflix last night

You forgot the check em?

nice dubs

I think Anne wasn't dead yet so I wasn't very far
As far as this kind of show goes I watched Borgias too, it's pretty good

Is it pronounced Oksi, Okki or Ossi

First one

You're less than halfway then

I never got around to watching the last series of The Borgias

First one

>8
>15.000-20.000

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

>six sextuplets
>dubs

Tits kept me motivated
But Rodrigo Borgia was one of my fav part of the show so as soon as he started becoming senile my hype went down

Andorra doesn't exist : it is confirmed.

Good exemple of dubs, thanks

Where the hell am I supposed to find booze that cheap now

>Will catalanism rise in Northern Catalonia

Isn't Perpignan mostly niggers and moors?

Yes, but in their defense that's true of every French city above 100 000 tbf

Dunno but I've heard that they're quite
>muh heritage
about Catalonia and stuff, even if a lot of them doesn't even speak Catalan

Fuck off Aquitane is ours

>Occitani
Make Catharism great again!

>unironically wanting to make Qatar great

>Aquitane
>Aragon
>Basques

The basque nationalist delusions truly know no boundaries.

made me laugh more than it should have

Does anyone know where one can find the lyrics? It sounds glorious

Catharism was based af
Weird and heretic but still, they wanted to go back to less material possession and more spirituality
Also castles n shit

Their only fault was that reproduction was deemed evil because the material world was seen as such a shithole that condemning someone to live in it by birth was seen as ammoral.
You aint gonna survive long with such a dogma.

>the material world was seen as such a shithole that condemning someone to live in it by birth was seen as ammoral
That's true though. Didn't know that there already were religions which taught that in the Middle Age