* 2.5-pounds WITH keyboard

* 2.5-pounds WITH keyboard

* Ink-certified, pressure sensitive stylus (included)

* 3,000 x 2,000 pixel 12.3-inch touchscreen

* 3:2 Aspect Ratio

* Detachable, full-size aluminum keyboard. (included)

* 7th-gen (Kaby Lake) Core i7 processor U-series

* Intel Iris Plus 650 graphics

* Up to 1TB M.2 SSD

* 2x USB-C

* Battery will run up to 8 hours, or a bit less if used for video playback

* Other features include HP fast charge, Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi, and dual speakers "custom-tuned" by Bang & Olufsen

* HP says a Spectre x2 with Core i5 (and Iris Plus graphics, we believe), 8GB of LPDDR3 RAM, and 128GB SSD will be $999 when it goes on sale in June.

* A Core i7 version with Iris Plus graphics, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD will hit $1,280.

Surface Pro btfo

Microsoft on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

dancharblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/surface-pen-compatibility-interoperability-faq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

* keyboard: none

>this thread again

Yes we get it, it's a better, cheaper, nicer version of the Surface Pro (5).

???

>Microsoft on suicide watch
>because Microsoft OEMs are finally making the premium products they've wanted them to make for years now and only started doing when MS showed them how with their Surface products

Yeah, I bet MS is BTFO since HP has to pay OEM fees to put Windows 10 on it.

very impressive, but does it include the audio driver with the embedded key logger? we need that feature.

-3-letter agencies

You mean TLA

Wow nice spec sheet. I'll wait for a proper review to see how it actually utilizes its hardware, thanks.

>kickstand

No thunderbolt no buy.

It's either that or it can't separate from its keyboard or the hardware is divided up between the base and the tablet. Pick your poison.

For what purpose do you need TB3? eGPUs are a meme right now, and it's not like your average joe has 4k monitors laying around.

To play vidya.

sure you could...

>using docking mechanism just like surface book
>have all hardware in the tablet portion

don't tell me it can't be done

>Ink-certified, pressure sensitive stylus (included)

How does this compare to dedicated graphics tablets like the Cintiq?

With that hardware probably not. The base would contain what? More ports and an extra battery? How would the ports interface work? Another mainboard in the base? It would also have to be properly weighted to support the fully feature tablet portion.
Think about it user. All the major OEMs make devices in this form factor. They must have a reason.

Enjoy paying 3000+

remains to be seen. Doubt it's as good as the surface in terms of pen support but time will tell

Probably not as good as a dedicated device as expected but from what I've seen these have the potential to work pretty damn well for art. At least the Surface Pro does and it's not even wacom so I imagine this would be very competent as well. The king of not-cintiqs is that crazy expensive beautiful monster vaio canvas.

base would just have the keyboard (and possibly a battery). all ports in the tablet portion. Weighting is easy and doesn't have to be done with components.

>buying anything Hewlett-Packard
fuck them and fuck their printers

Hmm, going to have to keep an eye on these. Looking to upgrade from my Intuos soon, but can't really justify $1500+ USD for Wacom display tablets.

Remains to be seen, but the new Surface -- 4096 pressure levels + tilt support -- is part of a new MS pen standard that anyone can support. I think Lenovo's latest pen supports it but I haven't heard about the HP.

Pen is 2048 levels of pen sensitivity, and uses Wacom technology. That's as much as a Cintiq.
The newest Wacom tablet has 8,192 but I've always heard the actual machine outside of drawing isn't that great

All of that adds significantly to the cost. Having all the ports remain in the tablet would be awkward as hell to use as a laptop.

>people who think levels of pressure over 1000 matter
Jesus Christ people, just how accurate muscle control do you think you have? Granular enough for 1000+ levels at 1-100 gram force? No.

What really matters is pressure curve. It doesn't matter what multiple of 1000 levels you have. You want the software to respond correctly when you increase the pressure from 1 gram to 2 to 10 to 100. Wacom does this really well with their pen assemblies.

Another thing that really matters is the distance between the pen tip and the cursor on the display. Older Cintiqs had a huge gap between the LCD and the plastic/glass on top of the display. Wacom only fixed this recently with the MobileStudio Pro.

bamp

It's about the granularity of the increments in opacity/brush size/whatever as you vary pressure, not about your ability to tell your hand to apply exactly pressure level 3174 or whatever you're imagining. There's a noticeable improvement up to ~4096 levels of pressure, beyond that even pros say there's not much of a difference. And yes, you can use smoothing algorithms to compensate for it, but those have their own issues which may or may not be significant depending on your goals.

Stop being one of those "the human eye only sees at 30 FPS" retards.

babamp

>B&O
Are we back in the 70's again?

No Linux support = garbage.

New machine this is it boys

Recommend it in any laptop threads

>There's a noticeable improvement up to ~4096 levels of pressure
No
>even pros say there's not much of a difference
Watch ANY review that talks about pressure levels and they all say anything over 1000 doesn't matter.

>the human eye only sees at 30 FPS
The difference is that while 50 percent of the population can detect flicker at 60 Hz, and a non-negligible percent of the population can detect flicker at 500 Hz, there is probably not a single person who can control over 1000 levels of pressure from 1 gram force to 40 gram force, or even from 1 to 100 gram force.

Don't believe me, download the pressure level tool and see if you can increment 4096 levels by 1.

Nice, shame I'm not a fucking casual who buys into meme product categories because otherwise I'd greatly enjoy this.

Wtf is that supposed to mean? If a product appeals to you why do irrelevant labels matter?

It means it's a bad product (for unspecified reasons)

I got the x360 recently. It puts the surface to fucking shame. The screen is god-tier btw. I'll try to stick around if anyone has legit questions.

So he (you?) are just shitposting.
I was thinking about the x360 but 16:9 aspect ratio kills it for me.

>can't separate from its keyboard
>poison
into the trash you go

How in the name of fuck is it better than the surface pro, apart from the type c ports?

Who said they mater? I'm just pointing out that this is for super-normies, but even they won't buy it. Pros won't buy it either. The only people who will are fucking YouTube reviewers. All companies like HP do is shit out random trash with no real intended use and little thought to the product. This device is a literal fashion accessory.

A fashion accessory with better specs than devices other sheeple are bound to gobble up.

I was weary as well but it's mad comfy. Hard to explain if you can't play with it in person but there's plenty of vertical room with lots of horizontal real-estate for multi tasking.

From experience with a friend's Pro 3, the build quality is smoother, screen is nicer, pen is better to use, and creature comforts like customizability are just more existent.

Eh, I think the new surface has this beat. But this is a pretty decent alternative

He's talking about the x360 incase you were referring to OP.

How do you miss the purpose of this form factor like a fucking retard? Hint: folders make shit tablets because they're huge and heavier.

tablets are bad at everything though. theres no mobile computing situation in which a thin and light laptop is worse than a tablet

No mobile connectivity?

>Kaby Lake U-series
Into the trash it goes

Is this a tablet or a drawing pad?

USB-C?
Tablets are better for using a pen with, and for media consumption, and portability.
What's wrong with U-series?

Both.

>Tablets are better for using a pen with
but using a pen is worth than a keyboard in 99% of any work scenario. if you just need to make digital signatures then you can easily do that on a laptop

There's more use for a pen than just writing signatures, and typography user.

>What's wrong with U-series?
People buy them thinking "ooh look at me I have an i7, Im master race now" but they dont realize that its a cucked version that is more on par with a core 2 duo and that intel cucked them out just to get lower thermals (because a real i7 in a laptop would melt the fucking thing)

I don't understand how they're cucking them. If I'm buying a portable device battery life and thermals are very important.

>incredibly portable 42 lbs
>battery life of one half of ten minutes

Then buy an atom.

I don't want to give up THAT much power.

Then tell them to put a normal i3 in there and stop making u memes

But, can it play Crysis?

>Crysis
Literally unplayable to this day on anything except an i9, 32gb DDR4, and SLI'd 1080 TIs.

Nah they've balanced it pretty well as far as performance to battery life ratio as gone. Stop complaining about it.

Got nothing else to do with my free time and bitching about u series chips makes the bad thoughts go away.

Too heavy, I was an indoor kid so I stick with PC. Wont need to carry anything.

Crysis is TEN YEARS OLD

>2.5lbs
>too heavy
Are you a twig?

I want Marketsource to leave

Well, its a consumer product and the driver was fixed in all enterprise machines that still had that diagnostic feature enabled.

So.. no

> 12.3-inch touchscreen

in the trash or, due to the price, on the shelf it'll go.

Seriously. This product is a miss and a joke.

The specifications on it are fine. It sure looks good on paper.

I have a 6.5" Doogee Y6 Max phone that cost me $120. I have a good 15.6" laptop and most importantly when considering this device: A really good 10" tablet with good speakers.

I don't use the 10" tablet much. I really don't. The 15.6" laptop is the ideal choice for a whole lot of things / situations and the 6.5" phablet is ideal in bed and for checking something quick and general tablet things. It's not ideal for going outside during summer so I have a 5" manlet phone.

I can say right now that a 12.3 inch tablet is not something I want and not something I would use if I got it for free. I wouldn't use this device for anything. Don't care that it's got a great screen. Don't care about it's speakers. Don't care about it's specs. It's a 12.3" tablet. I have zero need or desire for a tablet that's bigger than 7" inches.

If this thing was a laptop then I'd probably buy it. That screen and those specs in general on an actual laptop sounds sweet. But a tablet this big is just silly.

Nice blog.

>Pro 3

>I don't use
>I can say
>not something I want
Nice opinion senpai. Every laptop manufacturers start making surface clones for a reason

A tablet less than 7 inches is called a phone, user. A phablet at best. 7 inches is literally the only screen size that they don't make phones in yet I believe, and that's it.

bamp

>Microsoft on suicide watch

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YEAH! Because Microsoft would really lose out if a bunch of tablets running WINDOWS were selling wouldn't they? BTFO sure, Suicide Watch?

Kys

Does it run linux? As ms made it a bit harder with surfaces, ie type cover and wlan drivers werent supported in linux till a year later, I switched away from surfaces after I owned multiple.

I miss the surface pro 3, it was a great machine apart from linux support, the n-trig and the fan noise.

I'm in the market for a new device.

>runs Windows
>Microsoft BTFO
Kek, it's like they don't realize that Surface Pro is literally made to make other 3rd party manufacturers step up their game.

>microsoft is actually interested in making hardware ever
They literally bought and sold nokia just to push Windows Phone and let it die once the war was lost.

I kinda want either a surface pro or this

Would be good for jerking off to cute anime boys in bed desu (。>﹏

New surface has 4000 levels actually

N-trig made 2 big jumps since Pro 3. m3/i5 configurations are fanless now. I don't know about linux support but it should be similar to Surface Pro 4.

weeeeel they made 2 little jumps, but they are still good jumps.

>1024 to 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity >reduce activation force
>reduce latency
>tilt support
Pretty big jump desu

>1024 to 4096 levels
Completely meaningless
>reduce activation force
Maybe on the pens that aren't out yet, but even that is speculation. All the current pens are the standard 10 g-f. Wacom pens are 1 or 3 g-f.
>reduce latency
This applies to all Windows Ink digitizers since it's an OS upgrade
>tilt support
Not released yet.

They made two small jumps (less wobble, better drivers) since the SP3 days. A few months from now they might have tilt support and lighter sensitivity.

And touting 4096 levels of pressure shows you're totally clueless, like that reporter who wrote "Microsoft has 4096 levels of pressure but Wacom only has 4000, that's 96 levels less!!!"

Just try using a tablet above 7 inches for more than a few minutes and you'll get it.

12.3 inches just isn't a good size for a tablet. You'll get it if you try to hold one.

>HP
you have to go back

Goin up

No the size is pretty decent desu, not too big for tablet use and not too small for laptop use, it's a nice compromise.

t. Someone who actually has used these devices

Microsoft is a software company.

Now that companies are innovating again (instead of rereleasing the same laptop with 1336x768 screen res) they'll probably start scaling back in the hardware department again.

The problem was that for a long time only Apple was trying to put decent specs in smaller laptops. Everything else was either cheap and useless or huge and clunky.

But in the end who cares, I use Linux.

The new pen has those levels, not the surface itself you numbfuck.

>HP Surface Poor thread again
How much do they pay you for each thread?

The chart says otherwise:

dancharblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/surface-pen-compatibility-interoperability-faq/

>tilt indicates that both the Surface device and the Pen have an accelerometer, gyroscope
There is literally not a single tilt implementation that uses a gyroscope or accelerometer. That would be the stupidest way possible to implement tilt.
Who is this moron and why are we reading their blog?

What am I reading?

I have the HP Elite X2-1012G1 and its fucking awesome.

Far better to the Surface Pro.

My only complaint is the speakers suck donkey balls. HP must have abducted Bang & olufsens kids to get this endorsement, because they really suck.

Battery life is great. Fanless CPU keeps cool and the metal hinge stand is the best in the industry for these all-in-ones.

up

Yeah but can it run Linux with keyboard support?

>x360
Stylus?