Swiss German

I just discovered that Swiss German is unintelligible to Standard German speakers. Someone explain to me how this is possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

telebaern.tv/118-show-news/10642-episode-mittwoch-8-juni-2016/24270-segment-hemmungsloser-sex-in-der-innenstadt#news-mittwoch-8-juni-2016-ganze-sendung
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I just discovered that Swiss German is unintelligible to Standard German speakers.

But that's fucking wrong mate. We can understand Swiss German perfectly fine, of course the are some regional variations that are more difficult to understand, but you the same with certain North and South German dialects as well.

Swiss autism probably

Bullshit. They sometimes do add subtitles for really thick dialects (Bavarian German included), but even then they are unerstandable, unelss you are some North German fisheahs who doesn't even understand Bavarian.

Stop lying to yourself claus.

>what are dialects

The post.

>im american and I can't understand how there could be other languages that I didn't know of
>how is this possible?

xter fur german dialects

I was in Ireland for 2 weeks and heard quite a few Irish people you wouldn't understand either.

>Wikipedia is more of a trustable source than an actual German

>Someone explain to me how this is possible
Let us put this sentence into our own dialects .
I'll start.
"Akläer mi do man eener wie det möchlich is."

"Dazö ma wia sowos geh soid"

>trusting a nazi
I thought you would know better

there are dialects of english in various islands and parts of england that are difficult (not impossible) to understand also

Because in Germany they speak Arabic

xcuse me but swiss german isn't just a dialect, it has it's very own grammar rules and shit

I can't understand half of the shit Welshmen say.

I've heard that before, but that doesn't mean it's not a dialect. Deciding if something is a dialect or a different language is somewhat arbitrary anyway. Danish and Norwegian count as different languages, but they're closer than some dialects.

why is their flag square

Don't they roll their "r"s? Sounds really fucking weird and silly tbqh

It's not unintelligible but items horrendous. I like the way Austrians speak best though.

you should hear our "ich"

Absolutely sick language

telebaern.tv/118-show-news/10642-episode-mittwoch-8-juni-2016/24270-segment-hemmungsloser-sex-in-der-innenstadt#news-mittwoch-8-juni-2016-ganze-sendung

Butthurt

Logical

We can communicate. It is not entirely impossible to unterstand them. In fact its the same with the Dutch.

Native german speakers are able to understand.......
>Austrian German
>Swiss German
>Dutch (spoken or at least written Dutch)
>Afrikaans to some degree
>very little Danish and Swedish