Core 8th gen 30% faster than 7th gen

>Core 8th gen 30% faster than 7th gen

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

hwbot.org/submission/3563150_elmor_cinebench___r15_core_i9_7900x_3181_cb
zolkorn.com/en/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-vs-intel-core-i7-7700k-mhz-by-mhz-core-by-core-en/view-all/
wccftech.com/intel-x299-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-z370-coffee-lake-s-z390-cannonlake-cpu-details/
arstechnica.com/business/2013/04/the-rise-and-fall-of-amd-how-an-underdog-stuck-it-to-intel/
techspot.com/article/599-amd-rise-and-fall/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AMD will close doors in 2018

>5Ghz

AMD says otherwise

*only when running syntethic single threaded benchmarks

Sure ayymd is finished and brankupt, I can't wait to pay hindreds of shekels for an overpriced multicore aberration.

>30%*
>*in Sysmark benching the iGPU

Lol. People still believe Intel?

Terrible presentation. It looks like the 7th generation on the left side is >30% than the 8th generation on the right side.

Kill yourself, tripfag.

>implying clockspeed matters

Let me guess, you're retarded enough to think AMD dying wouldn't mean x86 dying as well. Everything would be fine and dandy with Intel sitting on their ass in a monopoly position until the FTC split them up or ARM ate their marketshare.

>30%

Bullshit. If Intel was capable of this their business shit wouldn't be stagnant. Those fucking chips are like 6 grand why would they hold back on a reason for people to upgrade.

>there are actually people stupid enough to believe Intel's marketing BS

wew lad.

hwbot.org/submission/3563150_elmor_cinebench___r15_core_i9_7900x_3181_cb

GET REKT, AYYMDPOORFAGS

>buying an 18 core Intel CPU when even their 20 cores are slower than AMDs 6 core
wow you cucks will never learn

ayy lmao

I'm all for competition but we should just stop playing and admit AMD hasn't been competitive since the athlon

Whats the target audience for Threadripper and Skylake-X besides running Handbrake all day long?

7740X != 7900X

Are you too stupid to understand such a simple thing?

Ryzen obsoleted Intel's entire product line except for the G4560 (for dirt-cheap value) and i7-7700K (for single core performance). Not really seeing the "hasn't been competitive" here.

from what i see. 7th gen is 30% more than 8th gen.
intel btfo.

It was the same team, come on now.

You started this thread 4 times in the past hour, why

Hard to read, but the small print is sysmark (big surprise) and using an i5 7500 against whatever 8th gen they're using. Assuming the coffee lake i5 has either 6/6 or 4/8 c/t layout and that's all. No ipc gain again?

How can there be any IPC gain when it's the exact same architecture, just on 14nm++ instead of 14nm+? It's more bullshit, as usual. You're lucky if you see a 5% improvement in real world performance.

Obsoleted as in memed? Cores are a meme for as long as they don't actually contribute to performance like in AMD's case.

Ryzen's IPC is within 5% of Kaby Lake, and the only real difference is clockspeed. i7-7700K gains about 25% more single core performance. It's not even that far off. Zen cores are not Bulldozer cores. i5's are pretty much toast. Locked i7's as well. i3's were obsolete by the poorfag pentium. Intel's HEDT garbage BTFO by the 1700, 1800X and Threadripper.

If only that were the case.

zolkorn.com/en/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-vs-intel-core-i7-7700k-mhz-by-mhz-core-by-core-en/view-all/

>within 5%
no it's 500% better It depends what task you're doing.

I remember when intel said kabylake was 15-25% faster then Skylake.

Literally the same fucking chip with slightly better clock speeds and worse temps.

Intel Shilling again goy?

You wish, shekelchaser.

Skymeme-X is going to get dumpstered literally 12 hours after it was announced.

Even better, since Threadripper supports 64 PCIe lanes and ECC ram its going to dumpster at least 2/3 of the single socket Xeon line too :^)

>Liquid Nitrogen benchmarks
I guess that's the only effective cooling solution for those jizz TIM abortions.

The depression on this man's face pleases me.

It's also for collecting your tears :^)

I thought Intel promised a 30% performance boost from skylake to kaby too.

Another 4/4? Jesus christ, when is Intel gonna stop with those. $245 for that thing even, and dual-channel. Aren't the motherboard super expensive anyway?
I hope no one is gonna be stupid enough to buy those when even the current 7600k is worthless.

Hopefully AMD decides to add a 8 core CPU in the threadripper line because that 7820x with quad channel & all the PCIe lanes might look more appealing to some people than an R7 with dual-channel & only 32 PCIe lanes

Skylake was supposed to be 15% over previous "arch" & Kaby-Lake 15% over Skylake
We all know how that turned out though.

Unless they're finally moving to 10nm I don't believe it. Even if they are AMD is moving to 7nm next year.

Intel promises a lot of things. They delivered a big batch of jew jizz instead.

If the rumor that Threadripper has the full speed infinity fabric of Epyc is true, then I really do hope they make an 8c/16t version because it would improve single threaded and gaming performance.

They might not make an 8c/16t version though as it might piss off customers who already bought an 1800x.

10nm isn't better than current 14nm++ though.

An 8c would make sense for the quad channel and PCIe lanes.
Obviously it'd be $600 or something.

I do feel bad for those that got an 1800X, though. That pricing was weird.
It probably should have been $340 for both the 1700 and 1700X (higher stock clocks at the cost of no stock cooler), and $425 for the 1800X.

"Intel 10nm CPUs To Launch in 2018 – Feature Support on Z390 Chipset

Finally, it’s mentioned that 10nm CPUs will be arriving to the consumer family on a new chipset known as Z390 which Intel is actively working on for 1H of 2018. This chipset will be called CNL-PCH (Cannonlake PCH) so it’s quite evident that Intel is developing the new chipset for their upcoming 10nm Cannonlake CPUs. No information aside from this is shared on Cannonlake as of yet."

What are the chances 10nm on desktops is delayed - again? lol

wccftech.com/intel-x299-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-z370-coffee-lake-s-z390-cannonlake-cpu-details/

The 1800X was dropped down to $480 already.

i suppose i'm derailing, but whens AMD's keynote?

Soon(tm)
1 1/2 hours from now.

>i5 7500
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Of course they wouldn't compare it to a 7700k.

9pm CT
One hour and a half

7nm AMD is coming in 2018 as well.

Not low enough. Though it does go on sale for ~$425 at a number of retailers pretty often.
$425 is a good price for the 1800X.

>30% faster only in 1 benchmark and only by DOUBLING the cores.

Good goys but why stop at praising Intel? Go ahead and preorder it hehehehe

good i'm not the only one triggered

Fucking hell for $2000 Intel won't even solder the fucker?

>30% faster for 5 microseconds before it throttles due to overheating
>btw this only applies to i9s
>also they're $5k
Sandy Bridge i5 wins again

Why is there some sort of competition between the users of Intel and AMD products? Why does it matter to the user; just pick the one you think works best for you. Surely the only competition should be between the companies themselves. I don't understand why people feel the need to berate others and congratulate themselves regarding their choice in processor. Can someone explain?

because this argument has been ongoing since IBM was still in the PC market

Due to Intel's antics with bribing OEMs and crippling their compiler (for which they were fined billions), designing their product line to screw you as hard as possible and pinching every penny they can, then sitting on their ass for 5 years cashing checks, there is quite a lot of bad blood.

That does indeed sound evil. What does an Intel supporter say regarding that (other than bringing up comparisons in processor performance, since those are irrelevant here)?

Usually some bullshit like "If AMD was in their position they'd do the same thing" .. just massive amounts of projection.

>Kabylake is "15-20% faster"

Is there one place where arguments for and against both companies are clearly laid out? Cause it seems like Sup Forums isn't the best source of info for something like this...

There's some good articles you can read.

arstechnica.com/business/2013/04/the-rise-and-fall-of-amd-how-an-underdog-stuck-it-to-intel/
techspot.com/article/599-amd-rise-and-fall/

You don't find nearly as much bad on AMD.

There's..
>overclockers dream
in regards to Fiji, which was arguably taken out of context.
>PSP
which we don't know much about but they've been giving monthly "yes we know you hate it but there is only so much we can say publicly on this" updates and they've been working with Libreboot, apparently, on that.
>Bulldozer hype
but... they never really hyped it. People making fake benchmark leaks did leading up to its release. It turned out to be what they said it was... 8 weak cores that is good in some niche situations like GIS.
>paid $3.2billion more than AMD was worth
They actually wanted to buy Nvidia, on the condition that Huang replaced Ruinz as CEO... Ruinz of course blocked that purchase.
>sold handset division for $65 million to Qualcomm
Qualcomm is worth more than AMD is now, IIRC. Though it was a small bit that they sold.

Meanwhile at Intel. Jesus. There's so much shit. They are a truly evil company. Or at least were in the past before they got a nice, sweet, cuck CEO.
>spent BILLIONS bribing OEMs to not advertise AMD in their products, and to not include AMD in them at all, despite AMD offering a superior CPU for cheaper before the kickbacks were factored in.
Intel enjoyed billions in profit per year during this time. EU penalty was only $1.48 billion dollars, despite having made something like $50 billion over these years they spent billions in bribes and anti-competitive practices.
They still owe about a billion dollars, almost a decade after the settlement.
>Selling CPUs with locked cores to OEMs with an included code and site where you could spend $50 or some shit to unlock them as a way of ripping people off with slow as shit PCs then up-selling them
>Intel compiler was made to compile longer routes for code execution on AMD CPUs, heavily crippling performance when run on AMD CPUs, despite AMD CPUs having vastly superior IPC at the time.

>Their entire anti-consumer marketing strategy. A confusingly high number of SKUs simply to make the 7700k, which costs

Oh, could put the misrepresentation of XFR on the list for AMD.

But.. these AMD bad things are business blunders and shitty marketing. I can't think of anything they've done that's really
>evil
like Intel and Nvidia have. Just really stupid. Well, arguably PSP, except we don't know if PSP is evil or not. My guess, if I absolutely had to bet on it, would be that it is. But it's like a 49/51% guess.

Basically when Intel had the choice between committing felonies to gain market share/ abusing the consumer or making healthy profits and innovating they chose the former. And so here we are today with AMD able to get more than a foot back in the door and many people hating Intel more than Satan.

>trial version

>watercooling is the minimum requirement.

Thanks AMD, because Ryzen wasn't shit now Intel how to pull out tech they were gonna sit on for years.

>another lake CPU
>tech
Oi lmao.

Buy it for me oniichan~
But it buy it.
Open your wallet for imouto. Come on~ Give it to me~ Give it to me oniichan. I need it now~ Make me into a big girl that owns licensed software uwaaa~~~!

Oh my~

30%? So in reality it's just 3%