Am I dumb for wanting to use this as my daily driver phone? Using it now. It's comfy...

Am I dumb for wanting to use this as my daily driver phone? Using it now. It's comfy. Only downsides are that I can't get wifi tethering or my openvpn to work on it. The processor is kinda slow but it's tolerable. For texts emails calls and browsing it's serving me very well. Got it for $75.

Not at all.

As long as you're happy, user. That's all that matters in your life.

I only trust people who use iphones.

Landscape keyboards are better, but a keyboard is better than no keyboard.

Portrait keyboards are far better.

Thanks Sup Forums :)

Congratulations. You have escaped the shitnet. You will not want to go back, trust me.

If you have the skills, start developing some software for BB. Something useful.

does clover work on it? I'd get one if clover worked on it

Yes

Yeah android apps kinda work on it. Clover works flawlessly more or less.

I was out of the shitnet mostly anyways. Just had lineage os with fdroid. I have fdroid on the BB clasic

Portrait is fine on this bb. Landscape can't be used one handed so I tend to agree with potrait being better?

Thanks mom

I have a Priv and for the love of God i love it. The keyboard and the *TouchPad* function it's cool but i dont know why there are some apps that works slowsly like Instagram, like almost crashing and having the not responding error, however when i push wait the problem is solved wiring 5 secs. Could be something related to the security?

would it be much of the same on the q10?

Classic's basically a Q10 with a slightly better CPU, a toolbelt, and a slightly larger screen.

As far as I know the specs are similar. Q10 has a removable battery. Q20 classic has a toolbelt. Not sure on the processor specs like the other guy mentioned.

Yeah thermal throttling is a well known issue with the priv. The new BB android phone is being done by TCL not RIM. I've heard good things but i'll wait to see what ppl say. I kinda like this classic so far.

It's the Instagram app, seriously, it's so horribly coded like most every major app these days. It's not the phone hardware, it's not the OS, it's not the DTEK security either, it's the "popular" but shittily coded apps themselves.

One would think these fucking huge websites making so much money from the stupid masses using them could afford to pay someone a decent salary to write efficient code.

And of course that thought would be wrong.

>make money
versus
>spend money
It's no wonder they make mor emoney than most countries

Portrait didn't work for me.

I actually prefer soft keyboards to portrait one.

I really really liked landscape, used it since Nokia E70 times and on xperia pro later.

I don't care who the fuck you are faggot

Nice buy user
t. Passport user

>not using the n900

I feel sorry for you

More like a 200 mhz increase on the cpu. Don't think that's really worth mentioning
The Q10 has a removable battery and a "OLED" screen (mine never had the pitch black darks though like the controller for the display was broken)
The Q20 has the toolbelt and a USB OTG support most important
Everything else is basically the same

Don't, OP has a better phone.

>More like a 200 mhz increase
Which is why I said "slightly better"
>OLED screen
Is the Classic's IPS? Fuck.

Yeah but you have to consider that
>literally doesn't go as black as OLED
>the highest and lowest brightness is basically the same so it's pretty dim during the day blinding at night
If the classic anything like my passport screen wise it's much better than the Q10

>Using this meme
>in current year
As much as I would love to carry a Debian install in my pocket I'd rather not use something not as dead a n900.

>not using the superior E75
why live?

I was using a BB Q10 for a year and was more than happy with it. Super reliable phone, BB Hub is bretty neat and for browsing/text messages/calls it was perfect. But because of university I was forced to use shitty whatsapp all the time and then whatsapp cancelled their support for BlackBerry devices.
>whatsapp dead
>nobody wants to use BBM
>buying cheap Lenovo phone
>android botnet
>BB Hub doesn't work as good as on BBOS10
>missing my q10

> I'd rather not use something not as dead a n900.

then go for a Neo900 - or are you too poor for it?

I have never owned a smart phone and still use a flip phone. Just never expect me to text you in any kind of hurry or at all really, fucking numpads.

I really do miss having a physical keyboard.

People keep telling me that I wouldn't miss it but I got to play around with my old android that had one for a good two days I debated whether or not it was worth dealing with not having any updated apps or LTE.

):

Yeah I've seen arguments for both sides. Personally I've found the keyboard to be really enjoyable. This bb has lte and some working android apps. There was a new bb phone that came out today with android but i'd wait a bit. It's like 550 new I think and suppliers keep going out of stock.

Yeah that sucks. I don't use social media apps. But there are plenty of whatsapp users online complaining about that online.

Worth it at sub $300?

That's a subjective question. It's not a bad price. The keyone came out today. Maybe the priv prices will come down as people trade out.

Fuck that, you're right

>Am I dumb
Yes. Why you ask? Well, for starters you're asking people what suits you best. You're also using terms like 'daily driver'. You have been watching too much YouTube consumer tech advertisements.

Not really. You could use that money to open a savings account with a credit union. You'll never know when you might need a loan.

I've got both the Passport and the Q10, the Passport's screen is a major downgrade.