School shootings

can somebody explain to me why this shit happens so frequently in the states?

is it the guns? the media? copycats? videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_honor_(Southern_United_States)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre
youtube.com/watch?v=cixW6rogZ48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

society

The West is fucked up

Daily reminder that Adam Lanza was to be committed to an institution, but since there are practically no facilities he was put on a waiting list.

Beta males think suicide is for fags so they decide they're going to take out as many people as they can before they go.
Sup Forums should understand.

MKULTRA

Video games are too shit these days

I like how Americans on Sup Forums will always deny easy access to guns and guns are readily available is a factor at play.

memes can't stop

Because they usually already have everything.

Here in Brazil, if i get a gun, i'm going to rob people, not kill people i hated back in school days, that's a waste of time.

I do too, its better than being pussies and giving up your rights because of a few high profile shootings that realistically are a non-factor.

This is a retarded society.
You can compare that to subsaharan africa.

The shooting is not the point there...

It isn't a factor. I could literally walk down the street and buy pic related right now, yet Canada doesn't have the same kind of gun violence America does.

Meanwhile Austrians are buying guns now more than ever because they realize the idea of brown people hurting them is real.

I don't understand, why don't beta males just have sex with other beta males? Best solution imo.

society of consumer nutjobs perforated (both figuratively and literally) by handguns. It's a wonder there's not more of them.

Yet it doesn't result in a lot of heavy violence (yet?), let alone for retarded reasons as school shootings.

Easy to say but Canada is a different kind of country, sometimes things become a factor in different types of environments.

Why aren't the Swiss killing each other all the time then?

I personally think it's a problem with the society, not with guns.

>it's hard to illegally purchase a gun or go through regulations to get one legally
Fucking retard lmao

American confusing availability and the act of buying yet again. Restricting and controlling handguns doesn't mean banning them, only that they're only sold to people not likely to use them to commit a crime, one such crime being a shooting spree.

Without a prior license no you can't "just walk in and buy one" m8.
>leafs in charge of knowing their own gun laws

A mix of crazy dipshits, the availability of guns in the states that it happens in, and cultural elements that tell them it's okay to do this.

Hard to kill anyone without any bullets.

>it's a factor, except when it isn't because of reasons I won't give

>guns easily accessible
>bullying is rampant, especially against white "nerds"
>previous school shooters are famous

There you go.

it's the culture my white friend

This really.
The states that have common sense legislation around firearms are the ones with low gun violence rates. The ones that the school shootings happen in are places that don't have their shit together.

Did you know it's perfectly legal to open carry without a permit in most places in Ohio? I bet they're the next ones for a school shooting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_honor_(Southern_United_States)

Licences are easy as fuck to get though. Pretty sure most states also require licences, and in many cases they're harder to get than a Canadian gun license.

>the availability of guns in the states that it happens in
>The states that have common sense legislation around firearms are the ones with low gun violence rates. The ones that the school shootings happen in are places that don't have their shit together.

b8 or proxy

It's not that we have guns per se, but that we don't give a shit who we give them to. Depending on the state you can get a firearm license super easily without the extensive psychological testing or even safety training you ought to have. In addition overall our capabilities of taking care of mental patients are fucking terrible. Which in turn is related to our horrible, horrible private health care system which disadvantages the poor (also everyone).

>the media? copycats?
Yes. Just like serial killers.

Our society is broken bc here in america we take capitalistic freedoms to the extreme. Family does not matter in America, there is no decency or love, all people care about is pleasure and consumerism. So we end up with the highest depression morbidity in the world.

I literally specifically did not say it's just the guns.

But in a gun crazy country like the US guns are far more readily available and not too expensive too. Plus so many people have them it's no wonder people grab them sooner; I don't see why people must say NO NO NO IT CAN'T BE THAT PEOPLE USE A SPECIFIC TOOL MORE BECAUSE IT'S SO READILY AVAILABLE.

>24 hour news cycle
>Angry betas alienated from society see constant coverage of shooters.
>Decide to get revenge on the people they blame for being shitty spergs
>Commit a massacre
>News cycle picks them up. Photos and names broadcast day in and day out.
>other losers realize that their lives are shit and decide to also become famous
>cycle repeats ad nauseum.

Guns have always been available, it's not until the 24 hour news cycle got up and running that massacres like this started happening with higher frequency.

It's videogames.
There was never a school shooting before GTA existed.

In Maine you can basically bypass pistol age laws and background checks through private sales. We also just passed constitutional carry so that you no longer have to get any training or have to get a license to carry anymore.

Pretty sure Columbine was before GTA

Well I guess that means guns aren't the problem then huh?

Mental healthcare is a common scapegoat, but honestly the majority of these shooters wouldn't have been stopped by seeing a psychiatrist. Just like a lot of the proposed gun laws they try to push after a shooting wouldn't have actually prevented the shooters from getting their guns legally.

shootings are pathetic
real men become serial killers

lol no

One of the most brutal "shootings" happened decades before GTA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

It's crackas. Ain't no nigga shootin up a school

Doom was though, I believe the killers played it a lot and made custom levels for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=cixW6rogZ48

>The states that have common sense legislation around firearms are the ones with low gun violence rates.

Like California and Maryland?

>The ones that the school shootings happen in are places that don't have their shit together.

Really like Colorado and Connecticut?

>Did you know it's perfectly legal to open carry without a permit in most places in Ohio? I bet they're the next ones for a school shooting.

Its been legal in over 30 states, and in some states for over 100 years, like Vermont, are you going to tell me Vermont isn't safe?

Typical low information voter, and no surprise he is anti-gun. You are whats wrong with the country. Stop getting your info from biased sources.

Completely different motivations. Serial killers are usually death fetishists. They have death and sex crosswords in their brains, and commit homicides usually with some intent to evade capture.

Public shooters are more of an outpouring of rage at society in general. They are mission based killers rather than sexual satisfaction based.

That guy was no kid though, he was 42 years old.

I tried to go gay. I couldn't.

I can't get-it-up for men. Receiving anal penetration is painful, not pleasurable to me at all. Sucking cocks and kissing men both make me feel like vomiting.

If I was a gay male, I'd only want to receive oral sex, without looking at my partner, without any expectation of reciprocity. Even then, I would go soft, or take forever to cum. If I looked at him or felt stubble, or remembered that he was a guy, I went soft immediately.

Being so picky, even gay guys, who are super promiscuous, even they don't want me. I'm not attractive enough to merit such special treatment.

gringos are fucked up beyond salvaatio...
you do not understand, you argie.

it's still funny

Do kids really get bullied in high school like on American movies/shows? Like insults, beatings, head in toilet, stuffed into a locker, etc...

Might be related, I never saw anyone getting bullied here.

uh, which are?......

Buttfairy MIlo to the rescue!

Not really. I guess it may have been that way in the past, but when I was in school nothing like that ever happened.

Another thing from movies Is this meme that kids hate gym class. In reality most people would way rather play dodgeball than sit in a shitty classroom

school shootings are BADASS!

that's right! free pussy for everyone!

It's convenient, but I guess it's not for everybody. No need to force yourself.

To me this whole feminism thing seems like a purely internet thing. I never even see feminists, are they that commonplace or visible in the US?

1. Americans have incredibly easy access to firearms
2. American society promotes emotionalism and selfishness

they are here, though still a minority

Lol, ok beheadxican.

This. 90% of shootings happen in Western countries, the US just makes it easier to obtain guns.

because the media loves them

Switzerland has the highest rate of gun violence in Europe though

2. Has really become the standard in the West. People would rather put their parents in retirement homes than continue to support them.

No, not really.
Mostly lowly educated people who watch too much MTV are into the emotionalism and selfishness thing. In educated circles there are hardly any taboos, and you get strange looks if you get emotional during a normal discussion.
In the northern half of Europe we have enough government support for the elderly, while in the southern half there is still a tradition of supporting them.

Here's your (You)
It's a statistical anomaly regardless. They are rare, and spread out, but reported on constantly.
Except Colorado, they seem to have a lot of higher profile shootings.
Bypassing a law =/= following a law to the letter
You have to be 21 to purchase a pistol from an FFL dealer. In many States, it is legal to purchase through a private sale, and not from an FFL dealer. This isn't bypassing a law, as there was no law intended to prevent this from happening in the first place.
Most States do not have firearm licenses.
Statistics prove this to be completely false, and there is more gun violence and violence altogether in states with more strict gun laws than states without.
There is a major schism in the US over gun laws. States like New York and California and New Jersey make it very hard for the average person to legally buy a gun, even though you could just go buy a stolen pistol from Jamal at any time. In states like Ohio, you can buy almost whatever you want without a permit.

But it doesn't have the highest rate of violence.
Why is gun violence suddenly a worse form of violence than other forms of violence?

>Mostly lowly educated people
So most people?

No they don't. They have less homicide than the UK.

They do it on the streets instead.

They wouldn't be capable of having a good discussion anyway. Emotionalism is hardly obstructing any otherwise interesting discussion.

that particular aspect in American culture fascinate me burgers must be the most interesting folks on the planet!

Most school shootings are done by black people.

I think media was a problem, they idolize the shooters. The media basiclly advertises what they wish to do with their life and that was to start a legacy and be remembered by shooting up people.

Homicide is not the same as gun violence

You are right, its worse, since one kills you and the other may kill you.

The guns are not the problem here.
It's not the tool, it's the idiot who doesn't know how to use it.
And that's why Americans shouldn't be able to bear guns.

Who wants to die slowly and painfully by a knife or beating? Guns kill you quick and often painlessly if shots are taken to the head.

>is it the guns? the media? copycats? videogames?

You answered it.

Pls be b8

No, I love my parents

>mfw there are people who literally believe a bigger number of guns in circulation makes them safer.

Well the US is safer than Brazil, and we have way more guns than you guys do so I guess it is not as entirely stupid as you are.

>mfw underage faggots post on Sup Forums

We don't have that much higher of a rate than european countries, we are just a very big country with a lot of people so it happens often here b/c 1% of 320 is a lot more than 1% of 8. Also our media has a hate boner for guns so they over report every little thing

Bit gay 2bh....................

We're very mean to each other.

>At least we're better than third-world societies

Declining standards...

1. Americans are assholes. Seriously, by any objective standard we're a society built from groups run out of other places who then armed themselves and shot all the cops until they won the right to own other people and commit genocide. We're assholes, we've always been assholes, and we're unlikely to ever stop being assholes. If the rest of the world were bright they'd have been militarizing Canada for over a century and hoping the two of us killed each other over Newfoundland or something long ago.

2. We're assholes with gun fetishes. Nothing gets a certain class of American's dick harder than the notion of shooting a cop, because great-great-granddad shot some cops and it either turned out great (Revolutionary War) or it resulted in a century of occupations and people calling you an imbecile (Civil War). Shooting cops is cool, and one way to get an opportunity to shoot cops is to shoot other people protected by cops. It's an asshole twofer.
3. Americans love assholes more than any homosexual ever. Anyone who's not enough of an asshole? Yeah, they're "betas" or "fags." Americans really like shit like that, because while it would totally be homo to suck a dick, it's okay to tell everyone how much you like assholes, like slapping a Trump sticker on your car or telling everyone how much you like Duck Dynasty. In America even Christianity is kind of homo, with very little to do with anything actually in the Bible and a lot of people gathering to talk about people's assholes and cocks while they sit underneath giant statues of a half-naked carpenter tied up and dressed in a loin cloth. That movie Deliverance? Yeah, that's most American's secret fetish homo moment, either fucking some fat guy or being the fucked fat guy. If it's rape it's not gay or something? Anyways, as anyone can imagine this is totally fucked up. I mean, I can almost sympathize - these guys are all self-hating. Someone HAS to die once you crawl down the rabbithole far enough this way.

Crony media.

Easy. This is what happens when you tell everyone that you have to fight for your right to have a happy life.

USA likes to think they have freedom but they don't. Everyone in the US are slaves to a system that is broken and favors the 1% and yet they tell themselves that if i just hold out a little while longer then i can become one of the 1% and then i can tell all the others to fuck off.

Its a given that many people will snap under those conditions. (also take into the equation the puritanical and fucked up view americans have on sex and nudity. its also a source of pending insanity)

America has no sense of connection to fellow americans

You're an individual here, nothing less nothing more

i'm googling sandy hook videos and 75% are legitimate conspiracy theories.

why is this type of thinking so common in america? a fair portion which have been deluded beyond common sense.

so was it a "false flag?"
Boston bombing cripple was pretty interesting too...

The main factor in play is that every single shooting in America is attributed to a country that's as populous as Western Europe and is compared to individual European countries that's 1/60th the size.

you're a huge fucking cuck. nothing the usa has ever done is any different than any other empire that existed through history. the difference now is that we have mass media that gives you all the little details. americans are also far more friendly than any other people in the world maybe besides the nepalese

again, you're a huge fucking cuck and are probably suffering from depression. just kill yourself already