DOA, Pascal won, 1080ti is unbeatable.

c-cute image
should I watch sunshine?

video link
Looks like 40fps no vsync or there abouts

youtube.com/watch?v=a2LfETRx4Vc

It stuttered too

>1080 ti runs sub 60fps in prey.
>thinks a 1080 could produce that smooth of game play.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

you forgot that awful tearing. What were they thinking?

did they fuck up one of the game settings or something?

projectors have freesync support?

This was a really poorly thought out demonstration desu. All it did was create more speculation and fear.

>Camera recording a projector
>Thinking you can tell anything from that

As a diehard AMD fag, I gotta agree.

They are either sandbagging fiercely, or Vega is a pile of shit.

There is no in between at this point.

That fucking presentation

why would they run two RX vegas without showing the FPS and obvious screen tearing?

Vega seems very powerful... on paper. My guess is they are having issues with drivers at this point OR the chip does not clock as high as they initially thought it would. Maybe they were hoping for 1800-2k Mhz but it only runs at 1300 or 1400.

delete this

So did this run at like 500fps? That game is super optimized, not sure why they would use such crazy hardware on it.

Why did they have to have a pajeet in charge for this, lazy fucks is all they are.
Thank you Jim Keller for at least saving half of AMD

Its 4k
1080 ti runs 55-65 FPS on the lastest patch version of the game which actually includes all the shadows unlike the orignal launch day version
20~ fps loss on Nvidia hardware with the new version

Still two vega cards to run what appears sub 60 fps is bad

They gain nothing by sandbagging at this point. Nvidia has had Pascal for over a year, 1080ti for several months and they're already talking up Volta. At this point they're only pissing off the remaining few diehard faithful they have left.

I don't even understand it, literally two rx480's in crossfire would've done this at 60fps 4k

Vega would literally have to be a regression in performance from polaris. How is that even possible

I mean it IS a projector

>why would they run two RX vegas without showing the FPS and obvious screen tearing?

That's what makes me say they are sand bagging or it's a piece of shit. Because it's obviously not ready, and this HAS to be another delay to July.

MI25 is already confirmed for 1500mhz. So I don't think it's the clock speed. They have to be hitting walls somewhere.

its like projectors don't have freesync on

They do gain quite a bit actually if it truly is a Volta competitor and not a Pascal chip.

But that's a huge fucking "if".

>pajeet in charge
Oh, ok, now it all makes sense.

This does not make any sense
It looks to be running slower than this setup
RX 580 crossfire GPUS
FX 8370 CPU

youtube.com/watch?v=1YQ3DYl4Ffg

Maybe all of the test footage we have seen has been polaris cards as the vega has not actually gone into production?

its not volta competitor, ppl have done the calculation at best its 1080 ti performance at worse biggest vega should be 10% faster than 1080.
Volta will get like 50% extra performance from extra cores themselfs, and nvidia obviously improved ipc as well..
There is not way in hell vega is 50% faster than 1080ti, just no way, none of the numbers we got suggest anything over 1080ti performance

>How is that even possible
Are we forgetting about bulldozer?

AMD is totally incompetent enough to pull it off a second time.

You're overestimating Volta.

They purposefully left out a FPS counter, yet couldn't even bother to enable Vsync. It's like they want to lose money.

>You're overestimating Vega.
I guess i kinda do

>vidya gaymes presentation

this proves that AMD is basically a toy company, and they have 0% marketshare in the server market, which is dominated by Intel, who makes products for grown ups.

I want to smash your stupud fucking skull with a cinder block.

I want to smash your stupid fucking skull with a cinder block.

Based on specs alone we can confir this

It has 4096 stream processors
clocked at least 1500mhz
basically unlimited memory bandwidth

Compared to a RX 480 which is
2304 cores
1120Mhz (1266 on boost)
GDDR5 with a narrow 256 bus width but I dont think memory limit is ever reached so its not an issue on this card unlike the 3gb 1060

Anyway this tells me its aleast as powerful as RX 480 is crossfire but more likely a bit faster than that assuming drivers carry over with the same efficiency

It dont think it can be slower than crossfire polaris cards
Now are crossfire polaris cards faster than a single 1080 ti? I am not sure have not looked into it

Looks like more then 60 fps to me.

Still won't buy Nvidia.

Volta is bigger Pascal with fucking ASIC crammed into GPU lmao.

@60670113 (You)

One 1080ti is 4x faster than 580x crossfire,i own both.
Worst thing is the game support for crossfire[almost non existing]
It is still better to buy rx 580 for bitcoin minning tho.

>@

why is amd run by a lesbian

Because her dick is bigger than Krzanichs.

>giving an obvious shitposter free (you)s

That is an old benchmark
New patch on Prey fixes the 40% of lights that were not rendering shadows
Seems like RX 580s run into memory bandwidth issues once running crossfire and high res but overall the results are mixed as to what is faster

youtube.com/watch?v=dWsNoVpBZVA

>Still two vega cards to run what appears sub 60 fps is bad
where did you get that? it teared, not stuttered. so that means it was above refresh rate.
still showing two vegas is concerning.

>results are mixed as to what is faster
Maximum shill activated!!!
If you watch the video there is single game where 2x rx was faster than 1080ti SINGLE GAME,It is mixed when it is close to 50-50
not when nvidia is faster in 99% of benchmarks.

SLI/Crossfire does suck for most games but I dont think the 1080ti is 4x the speed of a rx 580
It looks like its about double the performance but depends on how choked the RX 580 gets on memory
The Vega should not have a memory bandwidth issue at all as its on a HMB with a 4096 bus
Still not sure but on paper it seems like the vega should be as fast as a 1080 ti maybe a bit more

>still showing two vegas is concerning.
Why didn't they show 4 + threadripper? Would be nice for a dick measuring contest.

>giving the post-ironic shitposter free (you)s

i don't think 4 way xfire works anymore in games.

Crossfire does not scale 100% in all games not even close
I was mainly looking at the games it does scale well and where the single RX 580 compares to a single 1080 ti
If the FPS is greater than half of the 1080 ti that means vega should scale more than that with 4096 cores at a higher clock speed.
Again this is theory crafting
Not trying to say someone should buy two 580s but trying to proximate the potential performance of the Vega compared to a 1080 ti

The 1080ti isn't 4x faster than a single 580, let alone crossfire 580s, no idea where you got that figure

benchmarks

Sell those AMD stocks boys, you won't be wanting it soon

AYYMD btfo

Not aware of any benchmarks that show the 1080ti getting 4x the framerate of a 580

Maybe like one or two games in some edge case scenario

bulldozer 2: now a gpu

>Are we forgetting Fermi?
>NVIDIA is totally incompetent enough to pull it off a second time.

Vega - Just you Wait Edition!

???

>using 2 cards for that poor Prey demo
What the fuck AMD, this is disappointing.

>showcasing prey
Top lel, i get around 110fps max settings on my 7600, they should have picked a better game

The camera has nothing to do with the tearing, it could possible be the projector but this was laugably bad for a demonstration. If they aren't showing any performance numbers then they should of just shown recorded 4k gameplay.

2160p? With what, 2x1080ti in crossfire?

>looks good goys
>pay more money for more cores/gpus that dont actually scale well!

>When you give up on waiting for AMDOA and buy Nvidia

>Looks like 40fps
but we know for a fact it isn't 40fps. A single Fury X would be 40fps. Crossfire RX 580 is around 60fps. Vega crossfire is a lot faster than that. Should be well above 100fps.

wtf I hate sunshine now

but m8 intel is btfo and cpus is where the real money is at

Hi delete this please

Actually it does

You realize that the gameplay isn't a direct feed from some computer running prey right? Like, you completely understand there isn't some man sitting behind the curtains playing prey and projecting it. It's pre-recorded, the projector does not need to "support freesync XD" if it is projecting a video file that was already encoded. If you record a video on your freesync monitor and play it back on a non freesync monitor or any sort of projector, that isn't suddenly going to cause tearing because it has already been rendered from the GPU properly to the screen with no tearing. It is a video file, not a direct feed.

where is the video?

Nvidia does SLI, AMD does crossfire.

we dont see any fps counter
we dont see any direct feed
we dont see nothing
only some tearing

and the idiots think its already DOA because of reasons
figure its Sup Forums afterall
tomorrow when intel annc the tdp of the 8xxx suddenly the tdp doesnt matter at all buying housefires is the normal and acceptable

if you cant realise that amd is sandbagging just like they did with ryzen then you need to wake up..

I don't think they are sandbagging in any way besides not saying anything about Vega20.

they literally did similiar "leaks" to ryzen
showing graphics scores on timespy above 1080ti
showing some impressive tdp on sisoft
etcetc
this is literally sandbagging BUT i think that what is holding them back given what raja said is the drivers and that will make everyone realise that the previous gcn's cards will go on legacy much faster than they use to because amd wont spend time and money to optimise for 2 very different uarch after 1-1.5 years and sadly that means all the gcn cards before vega will go down the drain and we wont have any 2011 beating the shit out of modern cards anymore :(

Their new memeshaders is what's holding them back. Writing wrappers is slow. And hard.

they already have an automatic profiling tool its literally the same as xbox (cause the one on ps4 is just like playing minesweep you never know wtf a setting will do figures its a jap dev team behind it)
replacing shaders to their own is easy

the problem they have is that they are trying to do every workload as paraller as possible while making it work along with the infinity fabric and to core park instantly something that they havent done with any success on any gcn so far thus why they have always that insane tdp
so very little is known about the actual chip that this either will flop(and chips made of raja never did) or this will be the most insane chip ever

kek

>tfw i bought a bunch of amd stock right before computex, assuming vega will blow everyone the fuck out

it's not an intel presentation.

Why is AMD so hard winning?
First Ryzen who fucked intel hard
And now Vega which will destroy a 1080ti

We don't see anything and that's what worries me. The tearing could very well be from using a projector, or be just a recording. But why crossfire? We know a 1080ti can handle most scenes on Prey at 4k >60fps, you'd expect Vega RX to follow suit, or even Vega FE to not fall too much behind. This tells me either:
1) the presentation was organized poorly, as it shows Vega in a worse light than it actually is
2) Vega's issues are more than just the supposed hbm supply shortage

>Tearing everywhere

JUST WAIT

desu, It will still outsell AMD offering 2 to 1

would*

anandtech.com/show/11476/computex-2017-amd-press-event-live-blog-starts-10pm-et

>10:53PM EDT - There's tearing

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Doesn't this game run on cryengine? The engine runs like shit on AMD hardware they are complete fools for using it as a demo.

>Showcasing Vega with crossfire

Ok, so this tells me that a single Vega is weaker than a 1080 Ti otherwise they would have showed off a single Vega and bragged about its performance.

>T-THE GAME DOESN'T WORK ON MUH HARDWARE

That seems to be a common excuse by AMD poo in loos.

DESU the only disappointing thing is 2+ months of additional wait time. I'm pretty sure the fastest RX card gonna be 1080Ti level or faster.

>The engine runs like shit on AMD hardware
Than why would they use it, and not something else from hundreds of other games that exist? Exclusive contract with developers, or some shit like that?

It's surely because it's on a projector.