Why is Linux still so terribly bad and shitty with battery life?

Why is Linux still so terribly bad and shitty with battery life?

sudo apt-get install tlp

sudo pacman -S tlp

I've never had a problem. Probably depends on the hardware.

i wouldnt now i have as desktop

are you trying to get firebombed with that wifi name

Nah, just trying to trigger all the liberals and Mexicans in the neighborhood.

>trying to upset your neighbors

They upset me all the time with all their yelling and blasting of Spanish music every weekend.

Liberals:

Trump reference? Firebomb a house.

hey dont look at me i was just looking out for that anons safety

Don't worry about me, most people who don't know me fear me.

I live in fucking Canadistan and I fucking hate the third worlders and their shitty, loud music. Fuck em. I have no care for them.
Thia thread is now for the discussion of sound-damoening tech. How do I drone out nigger/spic music around me?

You don't sound very canadian

I retaliate by blasting anime music. KLK is my favorite because of the guitar riffs.

ever try blasting baby metal?

Ontario Quebecistan =\= rest of canada

I will now

Its because in 2017 babbies still haven't stopped putting KDE on their laptops

Tuxrone

Linux devs have to ask for device specs to create proper drivers, if they don't they have to reverse engineer, while Microsoft usually gets them.

ACPI is a pain:
'Overall design decision was not without criticism. In November 2003, Linus Torvalds—author of the Linux kernel—described ACPI as "a complete design disaster in every way".[7][8] In 2001, other senior Linux software developers like Alan Cox expressed concerns about the requirements that bytecode from an external source must be run by the kernel with full privileges, as well as the overall complexity of the ACPI specification.[9] In 2014, Mark Shuttleworth, founder of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, compared ACPI with Trojan horses.[10]'

>terribly bad and shitty
That redundancy is p redundant OP

i can use it for 3 hours on my shitty 3 years old lenovo laptop, that is nuff for me

I get more battery with Arch than I do with Windows 10, Ubuntu or Sierra(may just be the result of hackintoshing).

In other words, git gud son.