Im upgrading my CPU and wanted some second opinions on my new build...

Im upgrading my CPU and wanted some second opinions on my new build. It seems overpriced but I don't think I can't wait until Black Friday deals...

Old:
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
Ram: DDR3 16 gb
CPU: I7-3770K 3.5 GHz
GPU: MSI gtx 660 ti

New:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X
Ram: DDR4 16 gb
CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070

Other urls found in this thread:

elchapuzasinformatico.com/2017/05/asrock-x299-gaming-k6-x299-taichi-x299-professional-gaming-i9/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*burns your house down*

Have you considered the ryzen 1600x? It has 6C/12T.

> (OP) #
>Have you considered the ryzen 1600x? It has 6C/12T.

I haven't, I've never had an AMD computer before.

This joke went over my head.

if youre changling everything why not just sell the whole system and start fresh? 7700k is shit and is a housefire. Get a 1600

Well my system has no CPU. And my GPU was not working well the last time I was using my computer.

Why is the 7700k shit?

in case you cant infer it from what everyone in this thread is saying its inferior to a cheaper amd cpu and runs quite hot to the point people have to void the warranty to cool it (delidding). Get a 1600 and oc it to 1600x performance. its also incredibly expensive because intel had a lead so they marked all their cpus up in price

>in case you cant infer it from what everyone in this thread is saying

That was a bit condescending. I've never had an AMD. And that last build was my first build I put together in 2012. It last me a long time and never once gave me issues. I just want a similar build that will last me another 5 years.

Curious to what your purpose is for building this machine. This is a pretty bad time to build and you should wait regardless for full product lines to be out and prices begin duking it out unless your computer is dead. If you're only gaming I would drop a tier to the i5 7600K and drop some extra money on a good cooler for OCing.

If you're doing anything alongside gaming or not gaming, the Ryzen 5 1600 is a good choice with a B350 motherboard (but should have 4+2 VRMs). Not sure if B350 have rolled out stable memory updates yet but Z370 has rolled out memory updates enabling 3GHz+ RAM kits and 2T memory timings which should benefit gaming greatly. 1600 with a slight OC will match the 7700K and beat it in a few instances in nearly every productivity situation and isn't that far off from the i5 7600K in terms of the majority of games (a few regressions like OW, Ashes, and Project Cars). It would give you a few extra bucks to shell out for tighter timed DDR4 and extra money to upgrade to maybe a GTX1080.

You would need to flash that motherboard before the i7 would even work. You need a Z270 chipset board for it to "just werk"

indeed it was condesending, because you seem to not be able to read the thread you created or google.

Yeah my computer is dead actually. Currently only using an old laptop so I can't do any gaming whatsoever. Your advice to wait was good though. I think I'll definitely give it a bit more time and thought.

>indeed it was condesending, because you seem to not be able to read the thread you created or google.

Neither can you since there wasn't much information posted before you came in. Just a joke and 2 recommendations. No reason to be rude to strangers online.

You should get the Skylake-X or Threadripper build . It's about 20 days for either one.

elchapuzasinformatico.com/2017/05/asrock-x299-gaming-k6-x299-taichi-x299-professional-gaming-i9/

get a 1700 you fucking pleb

Skylake X will run LoL blazing fast I hear

I've got that new board. Love it. My favorite part is the headphone amp with Sound Blaster Pro studio surround program. Plugged my HD558s and it's too powerful for them (can only have volume about 10 at most). Hope to upgrade my cans this xmas. Just be careful when switching your sound form speakers to headphones as you can get your ears blown out. Just make sure your playback devices is set to Recon3Di, slide speaker to headphone in app, then turn sound down before putting on your headphones....unless you have headphones that actually have to have an amp.

Build this PC for gaming/HTPC purposes and have yet to be disappointed.

Why is that article in Spanish?

Is your 3770K overclocked?

Its a 15%~ performance gain to upgrade to the 7700k if both are at 4.7ghz

honestly not worth shit
I would never upgrade from a quad core to another quad core

Awesome, glad you like the board too. Which cpu/GPU are you running?

CPU needs to be replaced

i5-6600k 3.5GHZ and R9 390 8GB

Got them both when they were on sale last year. I think total cost for this build was around $900. Worth every penny. I still prefer my '08 Mac Pro for general computing. This PC is more for fun.

Why?

I just no longer have it.

900 including case and power supply?

That's too bad, it's a good CPU. You should consider an AMD build with Ryzen 5 1600(X). That's what I'd get if I'm to build a system at this point in time.

Yep. I bought most of this Cyber Monday last year and really shopped around. Rebates up the ass. I admit I've definitely gone over that price since the original build by adding in as many SSDs/HDs as the Fractal will hold, maxing the memory, etc. But not by too much.

Why not just buy a 3570k for 90$ and OC it?
This for gaming?

Buy a prebuilt

at the moment amd is far more future proof than anything intel has to offer

you wont have to change your socket every new year
you will get a lot of updates
if the yesterday rotr updates means anything is that the ryzen chips are literally sleeping they are the nissan skylines of cpu at the moment..

they have less tdp in general
they dont overclock much at the moment they can go up to 4.2ghz ive seen 4.5 on a silicon lotto obviously
other than this nvidia havent fixed their drivers to properly use ryzen along with their gpus(cause that means they will have to stop hammering the first thread of the cpu when a amd gpu is present on a nvidia physx game long and old story) and second their drivers uses only 6c or 6t depending on the load its not really optimise what so ever
amd on the other hand if you compare their 2015 drivers to what we have seen now its like they fired all of their drivers team (which they did LOL) i suggest you wait a bit for vega to launch
at best vega is a monster with a relatively low tdp that will beat nvidia and nvidia will be force to lower the prices A lot
at worst vega wont deliver but nvidia will lower a bit their prices (they never did that but im hoping they will most probably release another rebrand and leave the current ones on that price)

>fired all of their drivers team (which they did LOL)
There was one trying to pass through instructions without caching on Ryzen's development. It didn't fly so well.

Get Ryzen op

>This joke went over my head.
You need to delid if you want safe temps because intel cheaped out on the TIM

Wrong chipset, you need z270 for kaby lake. It's a crap shoot with the 7700k, some work fine others need to be delidded because the tim doesn't make proper contact with the heat spreader. I'd rather go with ryzen and avoid the issue, but if you really need a 1070 I'd advise against ryzen because Nvidia drivers are fucked on ryzen. The 1060/580 are fine for 1080p@60hz though, unless you are gaming at a higher refresh or resolution the 1070 is a waste.
You say you've built a pc before so I assume you recognize this as a shitpost This is a rude board desu

>You should consider an AMD build
not if he wants to play games.

>buying intel
you fucked up

fuck off cuck