/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164766&highlight=matchframes
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/8-office-2016-direct-download-links
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/
windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've finally decided to stop being a lazy fuck and am going to setup a password manager.
KeePassX is the open source and doesn't have access to internet one right?
If not any recommendations?

yes it is
and no it doesn´t
there is nothing better than it

I use apple music, but there are some songs that aren't on there.

Where is the best place to find these songs? I was thinking youtube but I don't want low quality shit. Some songs don't have any seeders on torrent sites.

Where else can I find them?

KeePassXC is for that actually has updates but its relevant only if you are on linux

lastpass is a good choice too IMO, I use it and no issues, but not for the most important stuff, no bank, paypal, main emails, github,... but 400 other bullshit? hell yea

what hidden/portable camera would you recommend that could fit inside a door's eyelet of 1cm diameter? I don't mind if it looks ugly from inside, it's ok as long as it can fit in the hole and can be connected to a pc with wi-fi or any kind of port (usb/ethernet/hdmi/whatever).

deezloader

Yeah I'm going to be on Linux 99% of time. Prob going to go with KeePass.

Also why wouldn't you use lastpass for important stuff? Would you use KeePass for important things?

Join a PT. Also spotify >> Apple for music selection.

Looks like it has gone private. There are a few random git repos but I don't want to run that random shit

>Also why wouldn't you use lastpass for important stuff? Would you use KeePass for important things?

main reason is because I the nagging of Sup Forums got to me
and i dont trust password manager completely

but I would not be putting it in keepass too
password manager is also about being lazy, at least for me
and if I have to fucking unlock the vault several times a day to get it to work... fuck that
and without that you are always exposed to someone starting to poke around your password vault when you are afk

thx, will do
hello brother from another mother! I'm currently working through the questions/answers after my lectures, trying to determine my knowledge deficiencies and work from there... maybe i can upload them for you somewhere today in the evening ... ? Otherwise I hope i can go through the cisco "connecting networks" materials on their netacad this weekend.

Managed to find it
Nah should be fine, don't have any cisco stuff in my course so I don't think we are doing the same thing

What was the last good version of firefox? I'm on 53.x and this thing is killing me. It doesn't let go of resources when I close tabs and I end up with like 1.3gb of resources being hogged

mkay, there are also a lot of general windows / unix commands questions and stuff

Rather insignificant problem I am dealing with but while trying to figure out why my ping is high in a game I found that I was being routed from minneapolis to a server in denver and back to chicago which is what im trying to access. Resulting in a tripling of ping.

I know there's not much I can do about it, but just out of curiosity, what could be the reason for such a roundabout way of accessing a server practically right next to me?

I tried googling but couldnt find a way to word it.

Pale Moon is a fork from ff24 (pre Australis). I think it's pretty good.

See:Palemoon
nb4 furryshit
Take it or leave it nigger

Have you ever seen your HDD spin while moving files?

ive seen a hdd spin while moving files
not my own

I've spun a hdd while it was moving files

never again

Le 5400rpm fidget spinner

Is any one else having trouble connecting to SolarMoviez ? Getting constant PHP errors.

I can make a connection to postgres from openresty like

local sock = ngx.socket.tcp()
local ok, err = sock:connect("postgres:/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432")

How can I specify the database to use, send queries and stuff?

Hi,I own this case and I want to buy 160mm high cooler scythe kotetsu
Manifacturer claims this case support 160mm coolers BUT my motherboard already has some height,cpu has some height and screws used to mount my MSI H61M-G35 have some height.

I'd say 6 mm is already taken for sure.

When I use my ruler I get about 16cm of space +- 5mm

So I'm really unsure if it will fit. Somebody here with experiences with this problem?

Do CDs not work in Windows 10?
I used to be able to pop in a music CD in Windows XP through 7 and my old Xboxes and Playstations and I'd be able to listen to music without any hassle. It would just start playing automatically. But now in Windows 10 I can't? I think I'm supposed to download some third party software just to rip the files from the CD first. It seems like you can't even play music off the CDs anymore? I can read DVDs, Blu-rays, and pull individual files from CDs just fine.

Never mind, I'm stupid. I just finished updating my nVidia drivers and it looks like it had swapped the main sound driver/output to the nVidia hi-def sound. I just swapped it back to my speakers and now I can hear sound again.

How can i modify the power output of thunder to be higher than 15w bus power?

Thunderbolt 3*

So I want to install a steam game.
The game is 60GB.
So how come I run out of disk space making everything go to shit unless I have like 120GB worth of disk space?
I feel like Steam always does this. I hate it. What's with it? Can it be avoided?

>The game is 60GB.

what is this monstrosity?

maybe it creates temp files during the install?

To anyone that uses kvm. How the fuck do I get the release short to work after installing the space-agent??

Should I move from uTorrent 2.2.1 to qbittorrent?
Is there some way to import all that torrent, label, and ratio to qbittorrent?

What's the advantage of using qbittorrent anyway?
I've been using 2.2.1 for years and haven't met any drawback, though it might be my ignorance speaking.

Is there a program that lets me get the timestamp of a video (or close) based on screenshots of it?

Anyone know how network traffic prioritization works with a single router? Say there are two people in a household using the same connection, and they're both downloading the same thing - who gets the best speeds?

whoever makes the equest first, so whoever is closer, whoever has the faster NIC or system

if you are heavy in to torrent seeding then nope, stay with utorrent

if you just want to download occasionally new episode of some tv show or a movie game... then qbittorent is opensource and has build in search and better preview of downloads in progress

does it actually consumes all that space?
is your actual disk near full even though it should not be?

anyway, thats why you were told to get 250GB at least, overprovisioning is a thing, they need some empty space to keep performance

Thanks user, how do I hack electricity to go faster?

save the timestamp in the filename, duh

I guess it is mostly political, not to support utorrent endeavors

setup pfsense router with squid proxy server
then whoever downloads same thing will get LAN speeds instead of the internet speed

How do I into time management? I've been swamped these past few days and everything is due next tomorrow and I haven't had real sleep in like 3 days and I still have finals to study for.

w-well the thing is I already took the screenshots, so now I want to go back and retake them without subs on

Best way to create a video slideshow out of some images?
I tried ffmpeg but it gives me some colorspace issues that look like a pain in the ass to fix.

How do I get a job in the IT departments of smaller/newer companies?

I got a BS degree not in compsci or networking but have some basic skills and only want to make $30-40k a year.

I'm just sick of working night shifts as a factory line manager.

Get off Sup Forums then, dumbass
I swear you kids are retarded
Enjoy retaking courses

search for the sub in the subtitle file

convert the video to frames and feed the hashes to a diff tool (you may have to define the diff of 2 images, if they are not the exact same)

I thought of this
But I also found some sort of script that I'm working on trying to figure out
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164766&highlight=matchframes

>does it actually consumes all that space?
60 or 120?
No the game is 60. But I need almost twice that to install it. Then it shrinks down to 60.

it looks like some pajeet cancer honestly. Just pipe ffmpeg to imagemagic or whatever

most common is having related degree or knowing someone

other is usually the path starts as front desk support in a larger company
then getting higher more technical support or junior sysadmin
and then you can choose some gig in smaller companies with some resume

start using linux as your main OS, this tremendously helps with windows as well
start learning powershell for windows
start learning windows server and active directory
start doing virtual machines
start learning python
start CISCO classes to get some network understanding

that should get you started

>learn node until the weekend
>learn react next week
>make a shitty crud app on github, plug it on reddit and HN
>???
>profit

congrats, you are now a fullstack memer, take your 150k starter pick

or do this for peanuts and long hours grunt work

>or do this for peanuts and long hours grunt work
obviously

It's not that easy or everyone would be doing it.
My problem is that savings will only carry me so long and front desk support is ~$13 an hour if you're lucky.

I just gotta stop doing 10 hour night shifts; it'll be the death of me.

i couldnt really good this some how

what kind of file transfer speeds would you expect from a good nas set up?

Why is fb squatting on faceboop.com? It seems like such a waste of potential

linux
EU user
I want € sign on right_alt+e
even when I have us layout
how?

Literally just search that line in the sub file, which will have a timestamp next to it.

Use your DE's own key-remap utility, or use one made for X.org

Btw, I recommend using US international altgr (dead keys) layout. I'm a Norwegian, but prefer American keyboard layouts. This way I can still make æoåüöœäß signs by holding down the AltGr key.

step 0: get your confidence together m8
everyone is doing it, rest assured

How do you make Python code into an actually bootable program?

I keep forgetting the URL. What's that site where you can download any version of Windows or MS Office?

python2exe

Warning: It compiles together an interpreter on top of the actual script.

Is there some kind of maths course that's just super fast videos for reinforcing what you already know?

do I have to install that layout?
or what is the code for it?

>windows
windowsiso.net
>some office
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/8-office-2016-direct-download-links

I know practically nothing about hardware so bear with me - I'm looking at logicalincrements and the GTX 1070 has better framerates listed than the 1080. Why is that? Isn't 1080 supposed to be better? It's quite a bit more expensive.

Are there any decent alternatives to DownThemAll? That thing barely works for me and half the downloads ends up just not working.

I mostly just want something easy I can use to limit download speed for files I download.

Are you talking about this part?

>1070
>Witcher 3: 80-85 FPS (1080p), 60-65 FPS (1440p)

>1080
>Witcher 3: 70-75 FPS (1440p), 40-45 FPS (4K)

protip: look at the resolutions

Okay, well I feel fucking retarded now. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/39qnll/guide_for_microsoft_windows_office_and_adobe/

What's a good alternative to a bootable GParted ISO? It won't boot on my laptop and I need to format my HDD to NTFS.

Bit of a super noob question, but any extra PCI fans I use get their power from the PSU, right? Looks like this one online gets it from the motherboard.

windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/

alright figured it out quickly and now when I could relog in to x11 I am running it
its just about putting XkbVariant for us layout, its not layout onitself

Am I the only person on this planet who still use NoScript?

any windows can format your disk to whatever
just shift+F10 during install and diskpart in command line

>american internet
but srsly, I think its just a default system they have which works like that, idk much about american ISP's but you could try ringing them and ask whats up

cut the cable and rewire it with a cable that has a higher output?

you mean getting back to the terminal to choose which server you want? I believe the default key for that is PrtScn

So other faggot companies cannot squat on it, litter it with ads and make fat buck from FBs retarded "customers"

Maybe a chance for a future April's fools.

Powerpoint

khanacademy?

And where do you think the motherboard gets its power from?

>what kind of file transfer speeds would you expect from a good nas set up?

At least gigabit for LAN access in $__CURRENT_YEAR.

here could be an options, buy a vps close the the game servers that you are connecting to, setup a vpn with the vps and connect to it, but this is only useful if you are willing to spend money and if the vps has high bandwith

Seeing this question actually makes me wonder what pci fans are even good today. Most people just use an aftermarket cooler and call it a day.

Is Windows' cmd capable of being smart?

I have gorillion files in gorillion folders and I want to copy all the files from the sub-directiories to the root of the directory. Is that something you can do with a single command?

is it still recommend to use googles DNS for quickness?
or should i be using open source dns or self dns server at home?

Not the original asker, but I see usually 840 to 960 over gigabit lan

I just upgraded my shitty internet connection to a fiber one. I did a few speed tests and i'm getting between 11 to 27 mbps which seems a bit crap for newly installed fiber.

Some guy told me to "wait a few days" for it to improve but is there any truth to that whatsoever?

Typically, yes, depending on your provider. I had to wait a solid two-three days to be brought up to max speed.

>I see usually 840 to 960 over gigabit lan

that's good I guess, keeping in mind that the system might have hard disks (and those might be fragmented) or the client PC is busy with something else.

If it was like 200-400 Mbit/sec, that would be bad.

soulseek

Hello, sorry for my bad English I try best job

I have RAM of ''Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz''
Then I look at speccy it say to me it's only 699mhz as seen on the picture, why is this? is it broken?

I have attach for you the screenshot to see

Sorry again for bad English I try my best

Look up what "DDR" stands for

699 = 669mhz, sorry I mistake

thanks daddies

This not very helpful, I try and search google say to me German Democratic Republic.

If there's something wrong with your ISP's, then yes, it's still google for the foreseeable future.

It is very helpful ,it is your direct answer
Your google fu and LURK MOAR suck then.
Try again with more relevant search terms

What is your problem?
I ask simple question because that is this thread goal
Then you answer like some asshole?
What is your problem?

Case manufacturers spec already has standoff/mobo/cpu height accounted for. The cooler "should" fit.