When will corelets ever learn

Be honest, user. You did it. You wanted to hang with the cool kids so you did the retarded thing and bought a 7600k or a 7700k. How did it make you feel when Intel announced the i9 ensuring that all game engines will target 8c as the mainstream platform?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBxW22JLUmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seriously delete this right now

>azn with blonde hair
This is unsettling for some reason.

>all game engines will target 8c
>tfw I fell for the Ryzen meme
If only I played video games.

Fuck you, leave Sunny alone.

2500k master race

Replacing with ryzen 1700, anyone who buys a quad core in 2017 is retarded

>quadcucks btfo
It feels so good. Ryzen was the right choice.

>being a corelet

>being a gigahertzlet

>140w TDP

I thought my old i7 920 was hot, but this is next level heater

Is snsd related to snsv?

Sorry, but somewhat related to snuv

>all game engines will target 8c as the mainstream platform
implying this will matter within the lifespan of ryzen or skylake x

They'll start targeting 6 cores when Coffee Lake S comes out.

I never seriously got into gaming. Is it fun, will I regret dropping thousands of shekels on a machine that I will likely use for shitposting only?

Spending thousands on a top of the line GAYMAN RIG is a meme.

Game developers will always be retarded and make games rely on one main thread making single core more important than multicore. Besides 8 threads is enough to play games and do other things without hitting 100% CPU usage.

You only need less than 500 shekels to play games

>i know the future

>they
>start
And nobody will use them because there is only so much animation and sound you can put on other threads

Netburst pls go and stay go

It matters if you bought a 7700k and then you realize it's become the equivalent of an i3: not quite obsolete, but weak!

>he doesn't know the future

Guess you better hold on to those "muh clocks" 4 cores then, because they aren't getting any faster any time soon.

What difference does it make? Every 12-18 months there's something to out best whatever you bought in electronics. Just a matter of time when the top of the line becomes, meh.

Please delete this. I spent $1000 just on the 7700k and motherboard two months ago. Seriously guys...

>all game engines will target 8c as the mainstream platform
>mainstream
>.38%
>at least half of those are probably bulldozer memes

taetae is such a womanlet

who's that one dude with a 5 core? lol

The Quintcore King of prophesy user.

> SNSD with Jessica
> picture is not from /gee/ /gee/ /gee/
Why must you hurt me so

>8c game engines
>SENTIENT NEURAL NETWORK FISH AI

Can't wait.

>2cpus
>43%
Too many laptop users

I have two gaming desktops, a private laptop and a work laptop, all of which I log into steam with occassionally. I guess that makes me 2x2core 1x4core 1x8core in their stats...

>6666
>6 cores
>4 sixes
>4 cores
I don't know what it memes.

rude

What a bunch of uncanny valey ugly gooks. Must be the vast amounts of plastic surgery.

Not that they are retarded but there's only so much you can parallelize in a game engine, and synchronization overheads make a few busy threads much more efficient than a lot of small ones.

The only one I find cute is the short lesbian in plaid. Even she looks a little off though.

This image is the most rediculous autistic thing I've ever seen.
Who the fuck makes this shit?
Not only an autistic weeb,but also a jewtel cocksucker.

Only if you actually do the hardware survey on all of them.

You guys are legit morons.

Just implement more autonomous AI characters walking around doing shit. There, utilizing 32 cores accomplished and it wasnt even fucking hard.

replying to

it's not much change from the original

youtube.com/watch?v=jBxW22JLUmg

>there's only so much you can parallelize in a game engine
Make all the different game engine threads synchronize with netcode. Bam, problem solved.

What if I don't play games? I mostly browse the internet and do a bit of programming. How will multi cores benefit me? I'm on a laptop with an i7-2620M.

See

Faster compile times. Seeing as you're on an old mobile CPU, way faster.

Isn't this a huge backpedaling from the arguments intel fanboys issued against ryzen? You guys don't have any pride or dignity and just admit you was wrong?

I can't decide between the 1600 or 1700, I'm leaning towards the 1700 because I care more about Lightroom, Premiere and Ableton Live than vidya gaems but it's way more expensive than the 1600. Is it worth it or should I just wait until Zen 2 comes out to see if they release anything better?

It's shitposting. Intel gaymurs are going to cling to 4 core 8 thread high clockspeed CPUs until they die. Just wait until Coffee Lake S comes out and they all reject it because the clockspeed and OC aren't as high.

Just buy 1600 now, you can upgrade to Zen 2 later. AM4 platform is staying around for awhile.

>game engines
Who gives a shit.

That's more yellow/orange than blond, looks like shit.

I know, but then I might as well just wait until Ryzen 3 is released since even that will be leagues better than the Thinkpad X230 that I'm currently using as my main computer.

>It's shitposting.
I don't know, i consider they alreasy had a lot of opportunities to to issue the "i was pretending to be retarded" argument.

4c/4t from intel > anything from AMD

Sorry but I lit. just wanna be part of the cool gang, too tired to fight anymore

7700k is still better in single-thread performance according to some random guy I saw on the internet. Which confuses me, turbo speeds get as high as a 7700k, so you can get as much power but have 10-12 cores.

If you want to hit those sustained turbo speeds for more than a few seconds, gonna need to delid that shit for sure.

That is another thing to question. Intel came under fire for the whole 7700k incident with bad TIM. Now it turns out Bristol Falls isn't going to be soldiered like previously believed. Yet it increases voltage and demand. So... how much more unstable are we going to get from the 7700k?

Let's put it this way. They're recommending watercooling.

DELID THIS

I have a Noctua NH-D15 and for some reason get the feeling it might not be enough to keep these things stable at standard temperatures.

A D15 with enough airflow will crush single rad memes like this

I figured it was a bit ridiculous for the D15 to not be able to handle the temperatures, it handled the 7700k fine. Of course, we haven't really seen CPUs where Intel said you NEEDED water cooling to run it. Makes me wonder how much overhead we will have.

let me know when I need to upgrade my stock 3770k

>Makes me wonder how much overhead we will have
Probably not much. Gonna have to delid that bitch if you want to OC for sure.

>3770k
lol u already do, stock 3770k is shit in gayms, gta5 among others is unplayable

Mar 2, 2017

why is watercooling not equivalent to placing the rad directly on the CPU? It's just adding more thermal resistance by the liquid

Wuss with the quads confirms

Also fuck you

No, it isn't. Kill yourself underage.

3770k STOCK gets tons of sub 60 dips on gta V ultra, look up the fucking benchs.

Now if u said 3770k @4.6 @3200 ddr3 then it's still a respectable all around decent cpu

You'd have to be a mentally retarded retard to spend $2000 on an 18 core CPU for gaming.

You just have terrible taste and/or eyesight.

I Play GTA 5 with everything on ultra except for MSAA which I have turned of and I never drop below 75 fps with a 1070 and an i7-3770(non-k).

And I play on 3440x1440 if that matters

>everything on ultra
>except for MSAA which I have off

rlly makes u think

Now try installing some mods to make that shit game not look like utter garbage, turn on MSAA so it's not a jaggiefest and u're getting 30fps if lucky

I play Skyrim SE on 4k with a fucking 7970. Yes it's on low but the only difference between low and (((ultra))) is a few bushes and who cares those bushes ain't worth $500 for a pascal card

well someone is full of shit here

>u're

shitx2

Good thing I'm getting threadripper, since Intel has such low clocks on their high-core processors.

It's taking advantage of forced convection, which can significantly improve thermal transfer rates.

SATAN WILLS IT.

This is some cringy shit

Intel marketing team in a meeting trying to figure out how best to appeal to anime loving virgins- "Oh I know! Let's shoop some korean idols holding intel CPU branding, Sup Forums will love this!"

How clueless and out of touch can you be

w-what about me I'm on a 3570k

when should I upgrade??

Never, if you don't feel the need to.

My computer literally chugs every 30 seconds or so.

It's only started happening since I installed win10, but it's fucking unbearable.

That is prob. not a hardware problem, reinstall Windows 10 or switch to a different OS.

could be a hard drive problem, or even drivers check taskmanager cpu/ram/disk usage

>game engines
Can you mouth-breathing fucking retards please make these threads on Sup Forums instead?

9 korean girls, one of which could be your waifu of choice. Yeah, I think this speaks to me. Now I want a i9 to use Windows 8.1 (the only OS with 2 Waifus at once) to give me the ultimate number of Waifus I can have at one possible time.

Apr 11, 2017

I only have SSD's, and my cpu usage spikes when it happens.

It happens more often the longer I leave firefox running, or if I play poorly optimized games for awhile, like endless space 2. It's probably something related to how win10 handles RAM but holy shit do I hate it.

Anyways I already have an upgrade to a 1600x planned out. Basically just finagling over the case (define c), cooler (212 evo), and gpu (cheapo 570)

How much RAM you got in your toaster?

>2 waifus at once
What?