The Great debate, was Alexander Greek or Macedonian?

Let's settle this once and for all

youtube.com/watch?v=1oTEQf1d9Iw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lpsBeCnsuJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both

This is a silly argument.

Macedonians were practically Greek back then, and being Greek was much more of a linguistic and cultural identifier than a genetic one.

DELETE THIS

Both, though when he was alive the Greeks considered Macedonians to be barbars imitating Greek culture.

Western Turkey was considered Greek at that point.

Being 'Hellenic' (what you call Greek) was cultural.

Macedonian by nationality. But who cares, he was pretty badass.

Macedonian but Monkeydonia has nothing to do with ancient Macedonia.

His nose is all wrong

>mfw Trudeau will make Canada /Great Again/

SO WAT U SAYIN IZ
ALEX WUZ BLACK?

He was born in pellas, curently in Greece.

>He was born in pellas, curently in Greece.

What a tragedy. If modern Greek archeologists discovered Macedonian artifacts with non-Hellenic Macedonian language on it then they'd hide it or demolish it to preserve their Greek propaganda. Greeks are scum.

macedonian was greek just as spartans were green

part of the hellenic people

Macedonians were a Greek people and would later dominate the Greek world. Then you have shitskin slavs going WE WUZ but nobody likes them.

They started out as Greek, then became Turkish and now they ended up Slavic.

Tatar as well.

A E S T H E T I C

He was Macedonian. They were originally distinct from Greeks.

does anybody know the song starting with ''macedonia sahu sihu ale saahu iho la'' or something like that?

He was Macedonian with a Greek mother and from a dynasty with Greek roots. He finished the process of the Hellenisation of Macedonians and after him Macedonians were considered Greek. He also considered Greekness to be about culture and having a certain mindset, not just muh ancestry. I doubt that he would mind being called a Greek.

>curently in Greece.
I guess Euclid is an Arab and Heraclitus a Turk then.

he was Bulgarian there's no such thing as Macedonia

this is objective truth

I listen it again carefully
'macedonia status tihu Alexandru ihora'
I googled it, but nothing is hit.

Greeks saw Macedonian rule as foreign occupation and rebelled immediately after Alexander's death but they got crushed. It took centuries for Macedonians to be fully accepted as Greek but by that time many Hellenized non-ethnic Greeks were accepted as Greek.

ok buddy

what language may that be?

Google Renown macedonia

makedonia ksakousti tou Alexandrou i hora
youtube.com/watch?v=lpsBeCnsuJw
it's a greek march, used in parades and by the greek military

really really thank you.
I heard this song 4 years ago for the first time.

a really cool song

In any case, Alexander the Great is half Ancient Greek and half Ancient Macedon. Ancient Macedons have literally 0% relation to modern Slavs occupying the area, both genetically and culturally.
In the same sense most Greeks don't have much shared with Ancient Greeks either, atleast culturally speaking. However the mostly mountainous topography of Greece and it's secluded and very hard to reach villages in such mountains, combined with the hundreds of islands has given zero reason for any invaders to settle and marry the locals or outright replace the local populations.

This is why we Greeks claim to be the offspring of the Ancient Greeks and other Hellenic tribes such as the Macedons, and at the same time disregard Slavic claims to the same. After all, Slavs only arrived in the area after 8th century AD.