Who /civ5/ here?

who /civ5/ here?

>Not playing HOI3

Normies get out

I do. Who's your favorite? Not sure I have one single favorite but for the sake of conversation I'll go with China.

i dont like sid 5 desu. sid 3 and 4 are much better

What don't you like about 5? I loved 4 too but I thought 5 was an improvement. The most common complaint about 5 seems to be one unit per tile. I was apprehensive about that at first but I like it.

CIV is Europa Universalis for babies t b h f a m

What is EU like?

autism simulator

comfy, watch arumba or shenryyr2 on youtube or something. shen spews shit memes though.

isorrowsproductions spews far more memes than arumba or shenryyr2 combined

this

I only like the hexagon tile transfers, and maybe natural wonders, they make maps more interesting.

rest a shit compared to civ 4

what is this a map of?

True but he doesn't just be normal then sneak in some random "derp" in to trigger me.

Which one is the best of the series? Also what defines a game as "grand strategy" as opposed to just strategy?

RTS: bros
TBS/RTT hybrids: nerds
TBS: underaged
Grand strategy: neckbeards who smell like urine

The abo didn't answer my question but will you? Just curious.

GSG for babbies.

>thailand, indonesia, even korea
>no vietnam

goddamnit. we've existed for 2,000 years and btfo the chinese 17 times and btfo a european great power, and no civ nation.

i'm disappointed yo. thailand and indonesia have comparably done less.

eu 4 with expansions isn't too hard, people claim autism simulator because babby's first grand strategy game.

mechanics are steeper than civ for sure, but it takes maybe a day to learn. its much more deeper and realistic if you are into that stuff.

hoi 4 and stellaris are shitshows were they oversimplified way too much stuff, but i'm guessing because they are edging towards creating better multiplayer games.

What do you recommend instead?

oh and the music soundtrack was excellent in civ 5

loved it.

Personal preference, maybe check some patch notes for EUIV and decide what you like based on the dlc's. Pretty sure its more in-depth and generally just has more stuff to do.
I smell like peaches

the fuck are you on about you new worlder non nation chink?

You should've paint bucketed Mexico and Chile for the Inca, Maya, and Aztecs. Songhai too is around south western africa I think. zimbabwe is Zulu. Also some more pacific islanders for Polynesia.

großdeutschland simulator

nvm i thought this was the playable map for civ 6.

i dunno how you translate finnish autism but your reply made zero sense to me.

kamehama was hawaiian and therefore true american™.

paint america twice.

How are you even vietnamese?
Get that you fucking doofus kanadian chinko fuck

>playing civ 4

>download Israeli civ mod just so you can have an arch enemy to focus on raising all their cities and wiping them off the map

Its like an Iran simulator

because my parents immigrated from vietnam?

sure i'm more fluent in canadian and culturally canadian, but yeah your autism is showing.

dude what's with polish obsession with the jews?

The Songhai were west African. Gao, Timbuktu, and Djenne were all in what is now Mali.

I dunno must have Palestinian blood in me.

"i've never even lived in vietnam and my parents left cos it was a shithole but i'm still vietnamese 2000k years we wuz kangz and shiet"
And i'm autistic?
>new worlders
suk a dik chang

The word is raze pszek

A leaf acts retarded and is Asian, its too hard to tell if you are telling the truth or shitposting (on purpose)

do you sell heroin in funland?

hows the drug trade business there?

yeah i thought this was civ 6 map and it isn't. i don't give a shit if its not in civ 6, just that really, a lot of non countries are represented.

to be fair i'm half following this thread, i'm mostly just watching videos and seeing qts i would fugg.

kinda skimming so i misread a few times so fucking sue me.

I'm not American so i won't sue you, come to Scotland and i'll fucking chib you mate. Hating Jews is a Polish national requirement to answer your previous question.

>sid 3
Oh yeah. That's the only Civ I like. When I want something more than Civ but still similar to Civ, I play Alpha Centauri.

I really wish Alpha Centauri was remade to modern specs, now that was a masterpiece.

lmfao no, come to whitehorse, yukon territory and we can settle this with icepicks like any functional adult does here.

Personally I hate global the Happiness mechanic because it's a really shitty way of inhibiting your expansion. I understand why it's there, but I dislike the way it's implemented. Why the fuck do your people give a shit that you're razing a city on the ass end of the world/conquering it and why does it take 10 turns to do either of these? Plus the AI doesn't get fucked by it because the game is so shoddily designed that the AI would get completely destroyed every game if it wasn't coded to cheat. There's another problem with 1UPT, which makes maneuvering and fighting obnoxious and Domination victory the hardest to achieve, not because of difficulty, but because of how poorly the combat is implemented. And because of the aforementioned AI that cheats means that they build really shitty buildings in their cities (Especially the capital) and don't get fucked by them, while you do get fucked by them if you conquer them (Especially the capital again, since you can't raze that). The problem is that Domination is the only victory condition that requires any kind of effort. The other ones are just "Build buildings, receive victory" and building buildings and improvements requires very little interaction and planning, other than Wonders.

There's a lot of other problems (some major, most minor) and it took 2 expansions to make it playable. Even the lead dev of the game made a huge blog post about everything wrong with it. I can't find it right now cause I'm in a hurry, but if you care, you can probably find it. His name is Jon Shafer.

entire middle east hates them you asshole, they also secretly hate shits like scots and british who support them and their genocidal rampage of the gaza.

I hope Achmed gives you fucks a taste of your own medicine once they deal with pissrael.

you assfucks deserve it

At least the Pakis are doing their part though, aye??? AYE????

>Alpha Centauri
>1999
Can't touch games before 2008. I loved BE though.

It is an amazing game.
>that menu music
>that voice that begs you to not quit because of the Drones
>that variety of factions with differing motives
>that election system

>Germany
baby mode

When did i say i liked them? Poland is vocal about their Jew hate though since you have graves to desecrate etc. Also Scotland is 96% white and i don't see any immigrants in my town or any surrounding ones :-) Calm down aye?

>Can't touch games before 2008
Go say that on Sup Forums if you want to trigger a major spergout.

Nah no heroin here, only dank and shit ripoff meth or some shit like that.

Shit board filled with poser faggots, who cares.

It's true. I only said that because triggering Sup Forumsirgins can be kind of funny.

I wouldn't know, its just fact that alot of old PC games were total shit interface wise and a huge mess, some are definitely good to play even being aged but alot aren't worth the effort for non-nostalgiafags.

Just played the basic tutorial for EU4 and it looks pretty cool.

me
i love civ 5
ive played almost every civ game in existence and i can totally agree with this the only problem with 5 was the over simplified city management

cities don't rebel anymore or culturally convert no pollution

i know brave new world fixed that to an extent but still not as tactical
i love civ 5 still tho
T Ahmed

>großdeutschland
>didn't even annex Austria when forming

Britain doesn't exist as a civ, though. Only Engand does.

Cultural conversion was awesome. I miss it a lot.

germany is too easy
try playing tripoli and forming arabia

yeah and city management was fun too
this thread made me torrent civ 3 and 4

There's autism and then there's HoI3 autism.

Have fun user

Enjoy playing it, im going to get back into it now.