Why hasn't a monitor been made yet with no borders on the front?

Why hasn't a monitor been made yet with no borders on the front?

Because it's 2017 and desktop computers are dead as a doorknob

Found the applet.

because monitors are over 20 inch, do you know how fucking expensive that would be?

There are no expensive things in the PC market?

The bezel holds the picture in, if you had a borderless monitor all the pixels would leak out on your desk

they have, but there's no market for it

kek

LMAO XD

>they have
No they don't.

>Ther's no market for it
Yes there is.

>implying the pc market isn't bigger than consoles

>No they don't.
yes they have
>Yes there is.
no there isn't

no,yes,no,no,no,yes,no

Sure is summer in here,yes.

Because the bezels in that phone are just hidden by the glass distorting the image at the edges. No one wants distorted images on their monitor.

And the retard of the year goes to this Quads-filled gentleman who doesn't know how to count to 5. Or how to stop adding an "i" in front of everything he owns.

>No one wants distorted images on their monitor
Then why so many people use resolution under 1920x1080.

Really makes you think

I've never looked at my monitor and though
>boy these borders are ugly. I wish I were looking at the chipped paint and tangled cables my my monitor instead

The only quasi useful usage scenario for such a thing is dual monitors side by side.

For the rest I don't think it would even look nice?

You'd like have a floating image effect.

Same reason why paintings have frames, it's a mental and visual container. Frameless paintings looks like fucken rubish

I've been here since 2003 faggot, back when this board used to be the anime board

monitor manufacturers are collectively a bunch of retards with no clue what the market actually wants

>still no freesync 2
>still no hdr 2
>still no 144hz 4k
>still no bezel-less monitors
>still no improvement from ips/tn

New monitors at computex include 24" 1080p TN panels for $600
Who the fuck are these monkeys trying to kid. They're still selling monitors like we're stuck 6 years in the past.

I'm gonna be a grandfather with kids who have their own kids by the time these idiots get their shit together and make a decent monitor

>still no improvement from ips/tn
CRT

hologram monitors when

I hope never,It seems like total shit.
I mean we have it already and it is so bad that no one wants it.

:Spray shit in-to air
:Project on it
:Came will calculate what are you poinint at

>no tactile feedback
>low quality of picture
and list goes on.

Google glass solution for this is better,no need for projector n shit,image quality is higher.

Having to wear special glasses just to see it is crappy though.

>no tactile feedback
desktop users dont need touch monitors

>low quality of picture
can be fixed with better technology

>Google glass solution

Oh man, already forgot about these. I remember the hype which died pretty quickly

>can be fixed with better technology

how u gonna fix transparency dumbass?

A holographic image is always gonna look like shit because see through, unless we talking widgets or other dumb notification/IM stuff

>why ''x'' hasn't been made yet

Maybe because it isn't possible to make

The picture shows its possible, how retarded are you?

that's not an edgeless screen it's just bent idiot

>can be fixed with better technology
That is answer to everything
immortality,perfect AI,space domination...
Look how long It took us to have decent and affordable lcd screens.

Ofcourse everything can be solve by sci-fi tier technology.

What would be benefit of this except looking cool?
There is no reason for someone invest money in such technology that will be shit for 80+ years and will work just as decoration.

>holographic monitor
>shit plastic keyboard

Makes sense.

Nice check

non transparent light beams

FUCK off. PCs are alive and well in 2017 you mongolic fungoid

Its possible in OPs image because of mass manufacture and vertical integration on Samsung's part. its possible on like a desktop monitor level buts its going to be stupidly expensive and no one is going to pay the price for a gimmick and hell the only reason why people by the S8 is because of carrier payment plans

>glass

enjoy your earthquakes snapping your screen

Because what I've always wanted to do is squint at transparent shit instead of using an opaque screen

Why didn't they make a smart phone with buttons instead of shitty touch screen?

>no borders at the front

are you either blind or autistic?

bye bye mongoloud

Because monitors would need earpieces right? fucking mongoloid

>deleting post
>writing the same post again

That was i was saying from the beggining
>it's not possible to make screens without borders

>>it's not possible to make screens without borders
But it is.

show proof then

You made the claim, thats not how burden of proof works.

P1i had both. And a stylus.

Comfy phone, too bad the application side was bad (work outsourced, perhaps?) while the baseband side was most excellent.

>asking someone to prove a negative

Don't start talking like you know what burden of proof means, you idiot.

You admit that you can't prove something as simple as this is impossible then?

I'm not the guy claiming that, but you can't conclusively prove the non-existence or impossibility of a thing. Nobody can, for anything.

By default, the burden of proof lies with claim that the technology is possible.

Like I said, don't start chide some other fucktard about burden of proof when you yourself don't know what that means.

>attacks and insults me
>asked him for proof of what he was saying
>got nothing

you are basicly fucking stupid

because borders is important.
#maga #buildwall

Because a bezel is needed to seperate the screen from the surroundings, its fucking shit for immersion in games and movies.
It works for a phone because the screens are small, and even then I think it's stupid.

The bezel can still be present, just not directly at the sides of the screen.

Doorknobs are pretty successful fa.m Practically every household has at least one.

what would be the fucking point if they dont separate the image from the surroundings?

The panel still needs some frame so the casing has to as well.

Protect the screen borders from damage.

Remind me what the resolution on Hololens is again?
Because with 1440p VR headsets you're lucky to get 480x240 worth of screen space.
Still, the moment that shit gets higher I'm all in. Well, I already have a give, but fuck that mess.

Consoles are even deader.

Yeah thats why games are making more than the entire film industry.

spotted the newfag

>:Spray shit in-to air
>:Project on it
>:Came will calculate what are you poinint at

I've actually used one of these IRL, over a decade ago at that. Cool as fuck but yeah, it was kind of shit.

They also had an early prototype of Surface there, back when it was a large-scale public display thing, which used a pane of glass as the display, and that worked much better. It had gesture tracking through the glass and you could do stuff like scan documents by pressing them up against the display, and the image quality was about as good as a monitor of the time. I always wonder why that never went anywhere.

>non transparent light beams

Ugh. The phrase is "dead as a doornail". These mistakes are a diamond dozen on nu/chan/. Sad.

you guys realize we're talking about holograms right? as in, future technology?

the future's gonna have intergalactic spaceships and stuff. you think we can't figure out opaque floating screens?