/mkg/

Wat!? where is the /mkg/ thread!?

old thread:
since everyone was posting 40%-60%'s here is my 100% I just got today:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PYDv6DO8YLQ?t=484
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post your keyboards

I posted about a compact board with browns or clears in the previous thread. A guy said that gateron browns are better than cherry ones? Can anyone tell me if there is any much difference?

there is a difference

Cheers, would you say that the gateron is more or less tactile than the cherry? I only have experience with the cherry brown.

gateron switches tend to be smoother than their cherry counterpart

this is my Model M w/ new unicomp keycaps I'm taking home with me now. I got the Ducky One Blue & Grey PBT w/ Mx browns so it's way quieter. trying to be polite to my coworkers :)

here is the same M with some keycaps I dyed myself, along w/ a shitty old CM rapidfire I had and Vortex Core memeboard

>Granites

Mah nigga

FOr some reason i like these much better than the blue white gay shit.
Except the yellow HIV positive ones,those look just dirty.

OW OOF OH MY BONES OOH OW THIS IS A BONE HURTING FLIPPED SPACEBAR OOF OW

>150$
>U.S.
>Clear or brown
>ANSI
>65% - 75%
> RGB if possible, not necessary
>MagicForce 68, Corsair Strafe and Corsair K65

long story short I used the wrong dye. I tried RIT liquid instead of the iDye poly packs (the former only sort of work on PBT, the latter works perfectly). Those were meant to be the old 70's sunburst orange yellow brown and look how shite it turned out. I'm gonna try it again because I want that retro look, in the mean time i basically got keycaps to match my OS (because I'm that level of cool)

it's not any of those brands but the Ducky One in the OP post only cost me $109 USD. it's fucking nice too i'm enjoying it. no more tab completion for a while

ISO enter > ANSI enter

This Gherkin memeboard reddit loves is the stupidest shit. You literally only have 30 keys total, 26 letters, shift and an fn key leaves you just two more keys for modifiers on the main layer and all the rest need to be on other layers. So retarded.

Are there any 75% (84 keys) boards with gateron browns available in europe that look good? only ones I can find are either gamer, shitty switches or only available in white. I want a noppoo choc mini lookalike with gaterons around €60-80, is it possible?

Why do cucks allways have to force their disgusting fetishes onto normal people

if you're still using arbitrarily sized keys, you are a luddite, and it is time to stop

what is this keyboard for, a spider-human?

an autist

Wtf brown caps

most of the time I get MX blues because I like the clicky clacky (I REALLY like my model M) but i figured browns would be quieter and my coworkers would appreciate it more. it's still tactile enough that I only sort of mind.

No the grey caps look dirty

lol, using a keyboard.
plugboards are for the masterrace, feel bad you niggers.

i'll be real with you they are slightly splotchy. I should probably also mention i'm getting my eyes checked next week but they do seem splotchy. I was planning on getting another keycap set later but yeah man, i was a little disappointed by that. especially being that I've dyed keys myself and it takes almost no effort to avoid that splotchy look if you just clean the keys beforehand with isopropyl

you're right dude, I should go out and get myself an enigma machine and quit typing like a big faggot

I just returned mine didn't want to deal with getting compatible set

*turing machine.

Are Gateron Browns worthwhile or should I just get the Matias Laptop keyboard?

It seems like the BT on the Matias is shit and they die easily so I'm weary of them.

did you get yours from the latest batch off of mechanicalkeyboards.com? If so it might have been that the whole batch was splotchy which is super stupid

Why isn't the Ducky One considered THE go-to mechanical keyboard? Name ONE (1) flaw, I dare you. ONE (uno) FLAW.

i like my gat browns, although i havent tried switches yet aside from typing randomly in best buy or something.

memeforce is cheaper

what are the cheapest switches that are still decent? I'm thinking of breaking into this but I want to test the concept first

OP here, I actually thought of one flaw that I want to address before anyone else does. The caps lock light is above the number pad and not under the caps key. That's weird I guess.

too expensive for something this plain

Any good PS/2 boards out there

Picked up a DREVO 84 key recently, feels pretty good. Anyone know of a good cheap keyset that is compatible with this keyboard?

I'm kissing the poverty line and I still don't consider $95-110 expensive for a good mechanical keyboard. And that price is including a warranty

Besides, by looking as simple as it does it looks way better than most cheaper mks, which nearly always have le gaymur spikey designs and LEDs in colors that aren't white

>2 sets of F keys
Follow your own advice.

lol, you're not OP I am.

??? True theoretical turing machines don't exist, but if you're willing to settle for something with non-infinite capacity I have good news for you, user.

that being said, you're not wrong that caught me off guard. for real though man, my life is awful, why pretend to be me?

OP as in the original poster of the Ducky
Probably confusing so I apologize

nah man, thats my keyboard I literally got it today. Are you claiming you posted that picture?

oh wait you mean that ducky black. jesus i should ease up eh? yeah man i agree with you ROFL

Y-yeah I'm the guy who posted thisDamn that's a pretty crazy coincidence. Didn't mean to freak you out, man

Whoops, forgot picture.

>he still thinks fewer keys is better

I shudder to think of what does when you press the Fn key

I still prefer the look of (what can I say, I guess I'm a pleb), but yours looks pretty decent, desu. You need better light when you take a picture, though. Just stick the keyboard under a table lamp and make sure there's no glare and you'll get a much better picture. (pic related, took it under a table lamp with my phone)

>select all pictures with shorts
>several pictures of thighs
>notbad

1. it has a numberpad
2. it has extra keys above the numberpad, meaning it's extremely difficult to find a full replacement keycap set

>1u backspace
>sacrificing a very useful key to make enter bigger
>when enter's less frequently used and already big

thanks man :-D. I am really happy with the Arch themed keys. unicomp was fast to ship too which is cool (I live in the US though, faster here than EMEA probably) I'm gonna take another go at dying a full 104 keyset, but next time I'll be using iDye, and planning to have the legends obscured :(. If I can find a good mixture of RIT liquid+acid I might give those another go as they did work somewhat and left the legends intact. Thanks for the note on the pictures too, I usually just go with what light is there without much through but it probably detracts from clarity

>twn own a bloomberg terminal keyboard

Give me infinite or give me death

every keycap compatible with outema switch.
that means most of them.

I wish Unicomp was selling caps with colored legends when I was buying mine, but I just can't justify the expense, especially with how I just bought a set of enjoypbt with purple legends for a different KB. I'm a big sucker for colored legends; I just like how it adds color in a more subtle fashion while the rest of the keyboard can keep looking professional. In any case, it's great to be American now that Unicomp has started upping their cap offerings.

Anyone here get the GMK Yuri?

if you are an adventurous type, get some iDye poly from a joann's fabric near you (about 2.50 a pack) and dye them youself. the RIT liquid will keep the legends but you'll need to boil the keys forever (PBT wont warp in boiling at least per personal experience, i boiled PBT for an hour straight with no warping) and you'll need to add varying degrees of a solvent to get the dye to hold better.

I don't know if it's present on the One, but my Ducky G2 is basically the same thing and has a problem where the spacebar rebounds excessively when hit from certain angles, sometimes causing an extraneous switch activation.

Certainly never experienced that with my One. I have o-rings under the space bar though

>he has trouble hitting a key that is along the edge of the case
Only key sacrificed was half of the backspace, which was not because of the ISO enter but instead bec of the ¥ key.
ANSI enter is much easier to hit accidentally when hitting "]" or "\". ISO has to be intentionally hit since it's out of the way of the typing position.

not fully programmable, and there is no software to help with the already limited programming

What do you need to program?

macros. I can manage with the default way, its just tedious. The media macros are simple enough, but for mmos it gets a bit complicated.

the manual I just got mine seems straightforward for things like key batching etc. that being said the vortex core manages to be totally hardware based I think more boards should strive to be the same way

>extremely difficult
Lol 108 keysets aren't hard to find at all

Kool keyboard OP, here's mine that I use at work. Need to bring it home one of these days & clean it.

OHAI :D

we are keyboard bros

youtu.be/PYDv6DO8YLQ?t=484

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

calm down autismo

thank god the white and grey ones were in stock, and not the brown and blue ones

Waiting on keycaps.

I think he means the right alt, ctrl and fn are 1 instead of 1.25

That's exactly what I was asking, yeah.

I know you guys will shit on Corsair, but has anyone else tried their cherry mx silent reds? They're pretty awesome, same response as normal reds but a bit softer at the bottom for the noise reduction. They honestly feel great to me, kind of like a mix of reds and browns

>cherry mx switches and clones
Haven't come here in like 2 years and you guys are still unabashed plebs

Got some WASD keycaps. They aight.

so this is the power of knockoff blue switches....

what else would you have us use

top tier post

Nice snake dude. Consider removing the artisan and this would be an A+ picture

switches have literally no correlation with typing speed, it's all preference. Not to mention real typing tests are like 500+ words and not some random bullshit on some dumbass website.

Considering getting a Novatouch. Curious about topre, I've heard they're like better mx browns

Shit forgot the pic

if you like then then get a Filco, or a leopold with them

Novatouch has been discontinued for almost a year now. If you do find one then get it since there is nothing else like it.

Just about to begin working on my prototype. I shrunk it down so that I can just slap my pcb in a case for a poker/v60. I'm really loving the multiple programmable layers. Hopefully there aren't any flaws in my pcb design.

that looks retarded, but I've seen worse

I actually really like that design

What's wrong with number pads? They're much more efficient with a row of numbers for data entry, but they seem unpopular.

Is petposting the new gunposting?

Your average consumer doesn't do much data entry

What is that? WASD?

Waste of space, and 40-65% are more aesthetically pleasing.

I work as a data-entry automation tool engineer. So shit like a full numpad and arrows are very important to me. I'm looking to make a small, portable board that can do data entry very well and not be come model-m monster that I have to drag around. I have a small background in Circuit design so I figured I'd give making a keyboard a crack. It isn't that hard so long as you don't plot out logistics and stuff for a case, which is why I'm going with a standard size. Aluminum CNC cases for 60% boards are ~70$ USD which is a hell of a lot cheaper than I could make one for.

I like them but desk space at work is limited so I went TKL, I have full num pad at home.

The keycaps look like shit desu

can anyone recommend a rubber dome for the office that doesn't feel like shit? Need something quiet, prefer wireless.

We got some dell chicklet crap and the key presses are awful compared to my mech, I can't bare it.

why not just get an mkb and click all over them plebs