Monitors

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824009893
Is this the best monitor on the market right now? Looking to get the best of the best, don't care about price.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-xl2730z-27-inch-freesync-monitor,4144-8.html
dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/210-aiei
youtube.com/watch?v=BfOLimMAhrs
eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg318-4k/
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824009890
bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l27q-20-27-ips-lcd-hd-monitor-silver/5855609.p?skuId=5855609
figshare.com/articles/_Phosphor_persistence_of_CRT_monitor_/607162
youtube.com/watch?v=lRidfW_l4vs
goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/agon-ag322fcx-curved-gaming-monitor-amd-freesync-review/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009725&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not 24 inches for perfect 1:2 1080:4k scaling
>not 144hz
>not freesync
Why even bother?

What would use say then?

>Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
What is this, the 1800s?

tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-xl2730z-27-inch-freesync-monitor,4144-8.html

>60hz
top lmao

acer is releasing a 144hz 4k ips gsync monitor this year why not wait for that?

Sheyotch, link?

>dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/210-aiei

If you don't care about the price. get the Dell 8K monitor.

You can get a 27" 4K IPS free-sync monitor or the pixio 1440p 144hz display also free-sync, both are $399

Not much reason to consider anything else

Idiot

>freesync
maybe he has an nvidia gpu?

You realize a 60hz display can be low persistence too, right? OP's monitor isn't but a 60hz CRT for example would still be in the 1-2ms category on that chart.

>freesync

eww

The OLED is 0.1ms.... want

That's response time, not image persistence.

Looks like CRT and high end LCD like the 144Hz beat OLED by quite a bit there.
Didn't know that.

youtube.com/watch?v=BfOLimMAhrs

Only a fucking retard cuck would buy 4(cuck)k.

>goysync

out of all of acer's predator monitors
What would you recommend Sup Forums?

Drops mad frames though

how does physical size affect scaling?

Fuck gaymers. Fuck spooked sync. Fuck shitty colors. Fuck non equal backlight. Fuck high frame rate which is effectively useless
EIZO coloredge CG318-4K is the future. It even supports 4k. Costs only 7000 dollars.

eizoglobal.com/products/coloredge/cg318-4k/

Still waiting for a Freesync 2, 4K HDR (10bit or higher), 144Hz, IPS or VA monitor with 5ms or less response time.

does it come with flame stickers?

>acer

Depends on how big u wanna go: way better deal at 55" 45" minimum, but if nearsighted and want to watch without glasses at 4k limited options- asus, acer, benq

you can get a dell 8k monitor for less than 5000 freedom units

gtfo Sup Forums brainlet

8k with shitty colors, bad backlight, etc.

non-answer

>he thinks calling my answer a non answer will result in me answering him

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824009890

You mean these?

I still run 1920 x 1080 and it does look ultra sharp on my 24 inch.
For what work do you need 8k exactly? It is not even good for movies and games.

Yeah same question. I dont really think 4k is that important either, but it may help with clarity a little

This is another just wait meme

ZERO news about freesync 2monitors

>implying you even can
I remember being 12. It may have been more than a decade ago but, you really bring back the memories.

Do not get me wrong,4k support is already quite supported and I see benefit in it,even for entertainment. I'm upgrading to lg ultrawide now because I work with many excel sheets at once when translating software.

this but 1440p because poor

>60hz
zzzzzzzz

But you could literally buy 3 4K free-sync displays for the same price

Implying glorious CRT has shitty 1ms persistency.
More like 1μs.

More like jew-sync.
Locking yourself to 60-75 sounds like shit
Better buy something 100+ without free sync or wait for freesync 2

Why the fuck are monitors so much more expensive in comparison to TVs?

Thinking about buying one of these. Seems to be one of the more affordable 2k monitors at 27"

bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-l27q-20-27-ips-lcd-hd-monitor-silver/5855609.p?skuId=5855609

I have exactly that one,I do not reccomend it.
I was at friend's house and he had ultrawide budget monitor from LG,It was much better experience.
It is just 170$ without freesync and 220$ with
You can pick smaller one for true 8bit color,to be honest 8bit color is not really worth it at current refresh rates.

Gsync has 144hz 4k coming this year and we still have zero LEAKS OF ANYTHING FREESYNC 2

all I want is a 144hz dell infinity edge

lord please

>muh XG270HU

no, shit red bezel is disgusting

>ultrashort meme

More like 1.5~2 in reality depending on where you consider it reasonably fallen off. That's really by no means shitty when the vast majority of people are suffering with full 8-16ms persistence.

figshare.com/articles/_Phosphor_persistence_of_CRT_monitor_/607162

Nice try I almost felt compelled to answer

this shit is all way too expensive wtf

you could literally buy a 55'' LG OLED tv with zero ghosting and perfect picture quality for the amount these fucks want for these IPS monitors, you would only need to deal with input lag which is getting better every year for OLED, you could easily score one for 1200 during the holiday season

>acer
>60hz
>$1288 burgers

No.

That's luminance? I was thinking of stuff like this: youtube.com/watch?v=lRidfW_l4vs

Assuming 60 fields/s, one vertical pass is ~16ms (slightly less due to vblank). Much less of 1/16 of the picture is really bright, unless you count the long trail after.

I counted pixels and about 1.15% of the vertical space is light up intensely, which would correspond to less than 0.2 ms.

What's your experience with buying second-hand monitors? I'm looking at my local online marketplace and it seems like a pretty good deal comparing the prices to what I'd pay for a new one with similar specs.

Hey gents, what do youse think of this one for a bit of gaming and also content creation in Unity and Blender as well as general use (youtube, shitposting, fapping and torrenting)?
I didn't really want a dedicated gaymen monitor and curved screens are mostly a meme but the price was right for the resolution I wanted.
Oh and OP, you're a faggot. I wanted a predator 34 until I saw one in person and the hype instantly dissipated.

Forgot link
goldfries.com/hardware-reviews/agon-ag322fcx-curved-gaming-monitor-amd-freesync-review/

Still waiting for 4k 144hz gsync ips monitor to come out.

You can't divide it like that because each phosphor that's illuminated is part of the same frame and so also part of the same exposure. If each individual phosphor takes 1-2ms to decay, each frame is seen by your eye for a total of 1-2ms no matter what. Remember, the frame doesn't change at all during the scan so the only difference from a 1-2ms strobe of the entire frame at once is that the scanned image may appear tilted to the left from eye movement.

What's the best non-overpriced 1080p monitor? I don't give a fuck about 4k

> Getting a monitor when oled is around the corner

Dell UP3017Q if you can't wait

Imo, If you are looking for 1080p with no sync just choose tn or ips depending on your uses and take the cheapest.
Lcd has been around for so long that technology is roughly the same from one brand from another just pick something not too old.

>not waiting for hdmi 2.1 capable tv's with variable refresh

Even consoles support that shit now so tv manufacturers will have an incentive to adopt it. I hope amd and Nvidia support it though because it won't be gysnc or freesync. Iirc gsync requires a special chip and freesync is an amd driver thing, but the actual monitor has to have a freesync certification to work on amd cards.

It won't.

$300 for a 27" 4k. Yes or no? Are better deals coming

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009725&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

OLED is shit. why would anyone wait for it

> OLED is shit

Why? Every piece of information about oled is very positive

>144hz, freesync, 27 inches, 1440p, IPS/led, glossy monitor
Never fucking ever. I am mad!

24" is not really 2x desu
closest i've seen on the market is 23.8 which is about 185

scale ppi 4K FHD
-------------------------
1x 96 45.8" 22.9"
1.25x 120 36.7" 18"
1.5x 144 30.5" 15.2"
1.75x 168 26.2" 13.1"
1.875x 180 24.4" 12.2"
2x 192 22.9" 11.4"

24" iiyama prolight xb24something

have fun with your scaling

What is the perfect monitor size and resolution? My screen is like 1ft to 2ft in front of me

No.

What a magical argument.

I have this, but with gsync and matte. Which I guess is perfect for me.

G-sync is trash, mate. Mostly because you have to pay for it though. However, if youre buying a fucking 1300 gayming monitor then you dont care anyway.

when will we get free g-sync? nobody even uses amd

So let me get this right. the only 4k monitor worth getting is the 24" monitor?

Never, dumb goy.

no pic related is the best monitor on the market, acer memedator is just that, a meme

dude, dell

>Dell
Overpriced G4M3R trash. Let me guess, you but Alienware laptops too?

It's a sweet monitor.

>UP3017Q
>gamer
how fucking new are you?

What is this meme with 4k "scaling"

Are you trying to tell me a goddamn 24 inch screen is the best choice for 4K?

Fuck off.

poor people man, just looking to validate their 1080p

You can use freesync on a nVidia GPU you stupids.

>maybe he has an nvidia gpu?
On Sup Forums? I doubt it.

>24"
hahahahaha screenlet

All about the ppi. Standard 1080p monitors are 22-24 inches. So you want to keep that when going 4k so that your ppi increase is 4x. Which means scaling is a simple double operation and things will be properly scaled (ie look the same size) they will just be much more pixel dense and clear.

Please don't fall for shitposting and blind fanboyism.
I have a GTX 1050Ti because I wanted a fully passive PC without a single fan and this GPU was the best one with low enough TDP.
You should choose the best one equipment for your needs, not blindly follow what other people tell you to do.

Personally I would only get the 1x or 2x from that graph he posted so 45+ for a 1080 multimonitor replament, upside no bezles, downside same pixel density as a 1080. Or I would go the ~23 since that would be a good invrease in pixel density and be easiest on scaling since it is 2x.

Are you retarded?

Muh 1080p is da pinacle. Just glue a buch togethe and call it 4k, perfuction.

yes

4K is only worth on a big screens.

Wasn't that the whole point of freesync? To make it free to use on all gpus and end kikery?

Yup.

you might find this shocking but not everybody does gaming

You might find this shocking but not everyone wants to stare at a tiny screen and would rather have a big screen to look at.

And again, what does "lmao gayms" have to do with the scaling, or the claim that 24 inches is the best for 4K.
So far I've seen 0 actual arguments as to why it's the best.

Yeah, but Nvidia makes $50 on every single goy that buys a gsync monitor. This is the way they're meant to be paid.

>So far I've seen 0 actual arguments as to why it's the best.