Hello Sup Forums I've been wondering how is linux, so I finally emulated it. Cinnamon looks good but Mint feels clunky...

Hello Sup Forums I've been wondering how is linux, so I finally emulated it. Cinnamon looks good but Mint feels clunky. Which distro do you recommend for programming and basic shits like web browsing and animu? and it should be look good. I will emulate distros until I like one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1wKiAwNhWg
youtube.com/watch?v=3zpgQpdy_fI
zerochan.net/903943#full
youtube.com/watch?v=SftTdXO-CL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Debian

Anything but Debian

I would recommend Xubuntu.
Xfce is very lightweight and still packs tons of features into it, and is very easy to rice if you are into that.
It's also very familiar to a Windows user.
Along with that, its an Ubuntu spin, so you get all the packages and support that Ubuntu gets.

>feels clunky.
are you sure that's not the VM you're using?

Manjaro GNOME
youtube.com/watch?v=r1wKiAwNhWg

>emulated it

Lubuntu or kubuntu

Use Arch Linux. It was rated #1 OS by "Anime Wallpaper Enthusiast"

No but really, arch linux is least hassle after the installation process.

*most hassle

You probably don't daily a Linux distro then.

Having a huge user repository and up-to-date packages is a blessing. Also, installing proprietary drivers is quite easy compared to likes of Fedora and Debian.

You should try Korora. It actually has quite a premium feel to it. Also I would recommend using MATE instead. Cinnamon feels clunky on any distro.

I have not tried Solus myself, but that is a distro you might want to try out. It seems to be a better "just werks out of the box" experience.

Virtualization is technically emulation.

Fuck niche distros, especially for beginners.

You need good documentation.

Archbang
Easy to install and has the documentation of the entire Arch base (a lot of autists)

relevant youtube.com/watch?v=3zpgQpdy_fI

manjaro is bloated garbage

install gentoo.
But really, grab arch or some variant of it. Antergos is available if you don't wanna go through the arch setup.

for some reason I don't care about Linux in a VM
I can't get emotionally attached to it or something and will just stop using it

Debian w/ Cinnamon or Ubuntu w/ Cinnamon.

openSUSE

for the love of god, at least use VMWare instead of virtualbox.

arch-anywhere + gnome

alpine with 9wm or dwm, plan9port, mksh or rc and 9term or st. browser=surf,media player=mpv or ffpay,ide=acme
>use some proprietary bloatnet instead of okayish virtualizer
wow. i'd understand if you recommended him qemu but vmware is same shit if not worse

Mint does okay in my 5 year old laptop. With and SSD it just flies.

Could you please post your wallpaper?

Here you go.
zerochan.net/903943#full

elementary, if you dont mind that it's heavily 'inspired' by OSX. very sleek interface

Thank you

I was wondering this myself. Mint runs smooth for me 98% of the time. I give that percentage because no OS runs flawlessly.

The XFCE spin of Fedora.

I'm not sure if it's particular release of Ubuntu or what, but I have had nothing but grief and shittiness with Xubuntu. Someone recommended I swap over to Fedora, and thus far, everything justwerks.

Aww a salty arch user, still upset about being Manjaro's beta tester.

cinnamon is a de, so use debian cinnamon or fedora cinnamon (fedora imo). you can get nice that mes for it.

all you have to do is enable the repo on fedora and debian, super easy. arch breaks too easy because of pacman. theres a reason its only used by wallpaper enthusiasts

Any of the Ubuntu distros. 99% of help guides will be catering to Ubuntu based systems.

Slax, but you need to build the latest mpv

dont use leenoox at all, its a unstable shit mess
osx or windows is much better in every way

Why do people say xfce is easy to rice? There's not even a panel browser so you're stuck with whatever is in the xfce-goodies package

Check out (Xubuntu based) Voyager OS

youtube.com/watch?v=SftTdXO-CL4

Testing a distro will always feel 'clunky' in VirtualBox. When you put it on an actual machine it will be much better. I personally just use VirtualBox to see how the distro installs.

>winblows 8
>TUR
>anime
Absolute shite. Kys yourself

Because it is easy to rice.

FreeBSD

What's wrong with Windows 8.1 ?

Buggy piece of shit on top of being botnet

I think the reason it feels clunky is because you're running it in a VM.
Even if your computer has enough raw power to emulate Linux, it will still feel a lot nicer if you run it natively. So try a live usb or something instead of running it in a VM.

OpenPEPE KDE

>how is linux
systemd ruined linux

I do like my OS with bugs. Gives me something to work on every now and then.
Like when I put a shortcut with a broken thumbnail on the desktop and it started consuming 40% CPU at all times? Man, tracking that down was great!

If you like cinnamon, then you may have a look to Manjaro linux. It works fine, but you should first make sure that your hardware is supported by the operative system you install.

Debian is good but i prefer Gentoo or Arch

Ubuntu Mate veya Xubuntu yükle geç adamım
Kurtar kendini şu Wangblows belasından

>muh secret club

No.

Fedora.

Debian is the best for new users. Guix is the best of older users.

If thats all your use you could give elementary a try.

Install Gentoo faggot.

P A R A B O L A

You'll never regret it.

Antergos

Mint with xfce.

It's a solid learning distro.

Quad-Satan said it, OP.

Debian testing, is stable and hqs a huge repository of recent software packages.
What you are concerned with is desktop environments, those can be downloaded for any distro later on, what matters is the underlying core, which in case of Debian is rock solid

try ubuntu mate it's ez to use and has a straightforward not too bloated ui so it works well on shitty old laptops like mine

> caring what it looks like

why don't you just go outside and play?