Is fizzbuzz supposed to be hard or is it just a meme?

is fizzbuzz supposed to be hard or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

godbolt.org/g/n4Kcgl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's there to weed out people who can't even do basic programming.

as someone who does scratch for fun in their spare time, what real languages should I pick up?

You should learn x86 assembly, learn how to program like a real man.

HolyC

C++, #C, Java and PHP(MySQL too, even if it isn't really programming) are your best bets for emloyment.

If you want fun, well, I'm not you. I like Rust and it might even be useful in the future but who knows.

Anyhow if you know how to program, you can do it in any language. If you want to program well, do shit on low level with C, for example.

You do realise you fail the interview if you use modulo right?

The whole point is to demonstrate that you don't need mod operations to fizzbuzz.

This is not true

Implying you're even employed

Why the fuck are these people even applying in the first place? There must be thousands of fizzbuzzing autist Sup Forums NEETs who don't get work because their application gets lost in the sea of these fucktards.

Python

>failing the interview for using the language properly
> trying to impress people by doing things the hard way

kek.

Remember that chad who never did anything himself in Uni but still got his papers?

Yeah he'll want a job which fits his new title as a software engineer just like anyone else who graduated.

So uh, the fuck do you want to do?

Divide the number, then cut it to the decimal separator using string operations and compare that to the uncut number to see if 6.3333 == 6?

Noice!

>PhD in FizzBuzz
>Any job I want
>$300k starting

you don't need modulo if they are integers. if this wasn't the first thing you thought of then it is clear you will never get a job as a code artisan.

You couldn't even get a job as a janitor on Sup Forums

>even if it isn't really programming
SQL is programming. Why the fuck do people think it isn't? You shouldn't be so dismissive of it. I've always found that the people who understand SQL tend to structure their programs in a very organized way because they understand that embracing data and not treating tables like they're object serializations lets you create smarter data structures that can let you make stupidly easy code in whatever language they're using. A single field can replace dozens of lines of shitty, unneeded code and when they need an aggregation, they don't go off reinventing the wheel with whatever language they're using - they use a goddamn group by.

>Is FizzBuzz supposed to be hard?
If you have to ask, programming is not for you.

So, how without modulo?

While number > 0, subtract number, and after that check if the number's negative?

Because it's different from programming.

Calling it not programming doesn't make knowing SQL any less valuable. It's just a different skill - why are you so touchy about it?

You can also make programs redundant by designing hardware implementations - that isn't programming either, but it's still a very valuable skill.

Of course SQL is programming you Neanderthal. I take it daddy didn't love you enough to show you any declarative languages in your formative years?

>it's different from programming
No it's not. It is programming. It's a kind of programming. Fuck you're dense.

I learned armv7 assembly this semester.

I have a very love/hate relationship with that language

so will this get me a job?

Next you'll call HTML programming on this thread.

While laughing at anyone calling HTML programming elsewhere.

The "hard way" is often the more performant way. Mod is expensive.

I don't doubt that some shite firms will accept any old fizzbuzz, but if you were interviewing where I work and it contained a modulo, I'd ask you to re-write it without one. If you couldn't, you wouldn't get the job.

How does doing low-level shit in C differ from low-level shit in C++?

Not shitting or anything, just curious. I always assumed that the low level aspects of both languages are where they're the most similar.

I don't know if you're trolling but mod or division by a constant are relatively cheap, see godbolt.org/g/n4Kcgl for example (that's 2 cycles avg on modern processors if you're doing it over and over)

But let's pretend there was an idiv there. Printing to the screen is going to absolutely drown it. Even if it takes 20 cycles it will proceed in parallel with he rest of the shit, much before you've started writing something to the output buffer.

A single L3 cache miss is 10x more expensive than 10 modules.

If somebody told me "mod is not efficient" I'd search for work elsewhere.

you might not want to show your employer pic related, using a learning app for children to show your competence will backfire

at least write that into notepad++/sublime
to look more professional