Even mozilla is question if firefox has a future

archive.is/Z8Rr8
>Current head of marketing urges users to resist Chrome's domination with Firefox; former CTO says the battle's been lost

No shit, normal users don't understand/care about botnet and from that perspective, chrome is objectively better. Doesn't help that every major update to FF is it trying to become more like chrome, mozilla is constantly playing catch-up.

Moz://a is paying the price for their sins.

Mozilla Firefox is a fucking joke. Tor suffers because it uses it. Use everything Google with Windows or macOS. Problem solved. Thanks Google, for saving us from companies like Mozilla.

Why do they care, given that Firefox is not for-profit? So long as they have a small but passionate userbase of developers and other privacy-aware users, isn't that enough for them?

Why would they try to compete with Chrome in market share, when Google has been using Jew tactics since forever, like shoving Chrome down everyone's throat when they visited the Google search page (most visited page hands-down)? The battle hasn't been lost because there was never even a battle to begin with, Mozilla will never be able to convince the hivemind that they're hurting themselves by using Chrome. Just let it the fuck be.

This is what happens when you remove your "toxic" (aka very bright) team members because of some arbitrary CoC.

>former CTO
Same guy who kept trying to push Firefox OS even when it was on life support.

>chrome
>bot net
>windows
sounds right to me

can anyone explain to me why Chrome is better? I use both all the time for work, and can't tell a difference between the two for the life of me

>try to appease SJWs instead of focusing on delivering a good product
>product goes to shit
wow who would have thought.

It's Google.

google marketing

Mozilla is killing everything that made FF unique and is trying their best to become a Chrome knockoff. That you can't tell the difference is proof enough of that.

Infinitely more secure than Firefox, Chrome sandboxes itself with seccomp by default.

yes, the people in charge don't understand that the extensions made ff good and that a non profit browser only really needs power users. or rather, mozilla wants to be something else that the company can't be and this is destroying it along with firefox

"Hey guys, give Firefox another chance, don't go running to Chrome

>proceeds to make Firefox more like Chrome

>Supposed to be browser that respects users
>Gets rid of ability to disable js except for whitelist

about to switch back to chrome for that reason alone and I fucking hate chrome. noscript etc use too much resources.

It reminds me of the Tech TV/G4 fiasco. Instead of trying to become a knockoff off something popular (thinking you will somehow rival the original) stick to your niche instead. It may not make as much as what you are considering ripping off, but it is much safer.

umatrix is very light on resources. If that's too much, upgrade your toaster.

I stopped using Firefox because it used more CPU cycles and power to render the same pages Chrome does.
Otherwise, it was my top browser choice but Chrome just seems to work better.

The former CTO is the one that was pushing for mobile and IoT bullshit over firefox.

the jews did it

I'll stay with FF or a fork as long as I can. I like the extensions and the font rendering in chrome is just god awful

Just wait for Servo. Firefox will be reborn.

Even if it is non-profit, they still want people to use it right? Imagine developing for only a bunch of people.

yeah, they should stop hiring SJW who keep fucking it up more and more. It's not up to the users. He can't beg people to use a fucking shit product. Yes, I'd love firefox to succeed, but it just can't keep up with the requirements of today.

>Just waitâ„¢

And how would servo save firefox?

Unfortunately, Firefox extensions rely on bloated decades old code which is getting a fucking mess to maintain. This is the main reason why they're purging it, it isn't as simple as "dude let's just become a chromium clone lmao". Even with less extensions than before, though, Firefox still is miles better for power users, and is the only non botnet mainstream browser.

Three more months until FF becomes an official chrome clone. FF57 is the death of the browser for me.

You still have ESR 52 till next year.