Is diversity important in the tech industry?

Is diversity important in the tech industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's an inherent trait with levels on a scale, that derives from people's participation.

It's not a fucking objective to meet.

No. People who know their shit are.

Diversity of opinions, yes. Otherwise you end up with stagnant shit, like when Rob Pike and other old-school neckbeards thought designing Go using the """"UNIX philosophy"""" was a good thing.

Diversity of skin colour: Literally who cares as long as you're worth your shit and you're not being actively discriminated against.

there's nothing about race or gender that precludes being good at this kind of job, or any kind of office job for that matter. if there is NO diversity, then there's bigotry.

that doesn't mean we should enforce quotas. very few girls want to work in IT and that's not anybody's fault. at least not directly.

the people in this thread have the right idea (ie "it doesn't matter, just be competent") but sadly none of them are recruiters.

WE

Actually, it turns out they wuzn't kangs 'n' shit

nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

tl;dr DNA studies of mummies reveal that ancient Egyptians have more in common with people from the Levant than modern Egyptians, who have more in common with sub-saharans. This suggests that sub-saharan influence didn't occur until after the fall of the roman empire.

Basically a pack of niggers just came along and looted the remains of a lost empire.

>turns out they wuzn't kangs
That's the joke, just how autistic are you?

WUZ

SHIEEEET

That's not the joke, the "We wuz kangs" refers to the "theory" that Nubians invaded and became Egypt's ruling class for several dynasties. This study proves that the Nubians came a lot later than what was previously assumed.

>Google confirms
Who the fuck made them an authority on that subject?

Are you new to clickbait articles?

KANGZ

Egyptians still had black slaves though. plus us blacks still had the kingdom of kush until white Europeans slaughtered for their knowledge and gold

>b-but muh kangz and qweenz ;_;

>crackers think they contributed shit to mankind

Name one WHITE American inventor... I'll wait, sweety.

EN

America is black. Whites are techincally Europeans that discovered America and settled there.

Ya, all inventions were already made by kangz and whiteys just stole their knowledge

The fewer shitskins the better

america is redskin, not black. do you forget your own people or something?

>google Philip Emeagwali
>he had nothing to do with anythin related to the internet at all
>known for his work in supercomputing

slavery was illegal in ancient Egypt, slavery was brought there by others empires after their civilization fell

>google invented the internet

this and only this

I've never understood about the push for females/diversity in tech. Whoever is best for the job is best for the job, independent of their colour or race. It's just the case that most people who enter tech are white men

>if there is NO diversity, then there's bigotry.
Or people just like working with similar people? Birds of a feather flock together, and all that.

Of course if a huge company with many departments has no diversity, that's a problem. But in a smaller scale, I don't see a problem.

>I've never understood
Go to Sup Forums and they will explain to you

It makes sense from an economic point of view:

>wages are too high
>get maybe a few good enough people interested
>wages get lower because you have more people looking for jobs

I've read a study of a marketing campaign that tried to do that to chemists in the late 90s. They were able to cut the wages about 30% in 10 years because so many women started to study and work as a chemist.

They want to double the workforce.

werent the pyramids built by basically slaves though, who were paid in food?

Benjamin Franklin?
Thomas Edison?

That's debated. I've heard that slaves may have been used for simple labor on some jobs, but it wasn't the norm. Workers were paid, just not well. Think blue collar workers mixed with illegal Mexican labor in the US

I'm uncomfortable if there's too many whites. They smell like sour milk.

even though it (slavery) was illegal they were still possibly used? or am i muddling up time periods?

Both were black.
History is white washed.

White people dont have rhythm, therefore mozart was black.

>he thinks humans built the pyramids

god youre a moron, humans are the ancient aliens who were left behind.

>slavery was illegal in ancient Egypt
It mostly wasn't. The Egyptian civilization spans almost 3000 years. Laws and customs change.

>tfw we wuz alien niggers

>diversity of opinions
>otherwise you end up with stagnant shit [like go]
yeah man we should just make another compiled oop language like normal people, all of go's ideas are shit!
defers are stupid!
interfaces are too weird, just add generics, it's current year!
the type syntax isn't c-like!
concurrency is a meme!
if i want compile times i'll just embed lua and write all of my logic in that, like everyone else!

pseudoacademics talking about the only language that has done anything interesting in the last decade pain me.

White people invented slavery, so how could there be slavery in egypt?

no, only the most competent people should be hired regardless of anything else

You're fucking retarded. That's the joke.

Redditors need to get out of my Sup Forums.

Yes it is critical. Coloureds need to see their specific shades successfully employed or they become discouraged. They are collectivist animals. If the feel like they're blazing a trail they will back themselves down due to the perceived unfamiliarity.

Why is the Finn on the right? Didn't knew they once were a monarchy.

wait why was this deleted?

Not really certain of the time period, but I'm certain that some slaves were used despite the law, just like now.