Do you guys have some examples of good code a woman wrote? any interesting github links...

do you guys have some examples of good code a woman wrote? any interesting github links? I need to prove someone that women are capable of writing good code like men

>inb4 cd..

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_E._Sammet
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/computer-programming-used-to-be-womens-work-718061/
github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11
logicamani.in/index.html
github.com/danakj
github.com/samcv
github.com/terezka
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I need to prove someone that women are capable of writing good code like men
I have a better idea. Stop taking part in childish quarrelling, you're only stooping down.

/thread

>>inb4 cd..
That might be a good example though.

How do you even know if somebody on github is a man or a woman?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_E._Sammet

Developed FORMAC (the precursor to COBOL) and was part of the original development of COBOL.

People usually have names and profile pictures.

you are right, but I'm still interested by myself
I thought you could know, I don't use github. perhaps some other sites?

If you can't find it yourself, how do you know they can and have to prove it to others

Not saying women can't code but why are you arguing a point you don't know the truth behind?

well yeah, but do you have any recent stuff? supposedly women are now "koding" like mad, there should be some nice examples

I thought some of you had the links ready. why shouldn't I ask before I do my own reserach?

What about you? Have you done anything notable recently?
The distribution of actually productive women in CS to men is the same as it's always been, it's just you have a gigantic layer of shit programmers on top of it (yourself included) that everybody points at and says OMG LOOK THERE'S SO MANY GIRLS NOW XDDD

Not OP but I personally know several good woman programmers from my company, so I guess it's not something unusual, yet for some reason, there are almost no "vislble" women in FOSS, so you can't "prove" it easily.

>I thought some of you had the links ready.
So we could feel smug about ourselves for engaging in childish internet battles?

Go fuck yourself.

>why shouldn't I ask before I do my own reserach?
This isn't research, this is you trying to bait Sup Forums or, in the sad case where you're actually telling the truth, trying to argue with some retard by engaging him on his retarded terms.

Fucking idiot.

The woman from Intel who broke up with Linus because of the sexist and homophobic behaviour in the kernel developers community. She had been writing USB 3 drivers in the kernel.

Women don't have the discipline to write good code, it's as simple as that. Why would you ask, because emotional beings and shit.

>there are almost no "vislble" women in FOSS
gee I wonder why.. it's becasue women can't be altruistic and they only think about the money. prove me wrong

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/computer-programming-used-to-be-womens-work-718061/

github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11

No, it's because of the hostile tone and high level of conflicts on FOSS mailing lists caused by a bunch of autistic opinionated betas acting like keyboard warriors online.

Prove me wrong.

you make a decent point, but it doesn't really answer his question

>the kode shills in this board is unreal.
TITS OR GTFO

I don't think anybody here has a prepped list of recent notable male developers either, most people would just say "dennis ritchie" or "linus" or w/e
It's kind of a weirdly specific question

Klossy is a fucking hack making money because she's a model and tricking retarded parents into buying her stupid kits so their daughters can "learn to be in the STEM field too"
It doesn't mean there aren't actually capable women in the world.

It think it mostly because of
1) Women are less likely to have no social life or are able to self-actualize in different ways.
2) Stuff like , because communities of socially awkward males tend to be overly sexist no-girls-allowed clubs.

>hostile tone
>being a grown up person
>getting offended
just wow

it's becasue women are weak creatures and brake down on first "bad word" :((( , pathetic

>brake down

It's about being professionally. If my boss or a colleague ever tells me to choke on a bag of cocks because I made a mistake in my code, I'm fucking quitting the company or at least complaining to HR.

>brake down on first "bad word"
I guess you are the expert on being bad with words.

>fucking quitting the company
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH you are so pathetic
>not fighting for yourself and telling the boss to go fuck himself too
>or even better, just ignoring the insult and laughing it off like a true professional

T b h, I've read some LKML discussions I don't think I would be able to work with someone like Linus on a daily basis, and I'm a grown man. He and many other in FOSS community behave as if they were a 13 yo, swearing and insulting others just for kicks.

There's a good chance that someone will start stalking you online or harassing you or otherwise just starts acting up if you come out as a woman in the FOSS community. There are many risks and not much merit.

>being a beta cuck and taking the abuse because you refuse to stand up for yourself
Yeah, you're the one to laugh...

Welcome to the Internet

>ignoring the insult and laughing it off like a true professional
I don't think you know what that word means

I understand that people pretend to be girls on IRC and on Sup Forums, but on fucking Github? Come on.

:thinking emoji:

Oh they don't pretend, they think they actually are.
You can most often find them screaming in Ruby repos.

>no recent refferences
:really makes you think emoji:

>Ruby repos
I have never had, nor will I ever have, any interest, what so fucking ever, to learn Ruby or follow Ruby discussions.

Ruby is actually a pretty slick language, very fun to write in and has decent application in container deployment and management.
Just avoid Rails. That's where the mental illness lives.

>no recent references
This only means that no one on Sup Forums knows any girls IRL.... Which should hardly be surprising.

Isn't Ruby on Rails literally the only reason to actually use Ruby at all?

I tried really hard to find one and came across this girl logicamani.in/index.html from India but reading the website I realized it's a tranny so I guess a tranny is the closest you'll get to finding a good female programmer...

Yes.

choke on a bag of cocks
t. your boss

Dana Jansens - openbox author
github.com/danakj

No.
Rails is one example but it's not very popular because it scales poorly.
It's more commonly used in DevOps for automated container management, general IT automation, scripting, and application deployment.

By which I mean "more commonly used by people who don't shitpost on github all day", i.e. not trannies.

I know only one guy that uses Ruby, and he dropped out in university to work at the university IT department. Out of a couple hundred employees, I think he's literally the only """"devops""""" that uses Ruby. I don't know anyone working in the private industry that use Ruby.

I didn't say it was popular, I just said it has good real-world application. It's not 100% meme.
Most devops end up just using whatever the rest of the company uses because they're generally not very well educated and it's easier to write everything in Java or C# or just let Azure handle everything while you click around a web interface.

She is coding super real hard brooo

Good female progs are definitely more scarce than male programmers.
I'm in my 3rd year of software development, and there are two girls in my class. One is an obnoxious twat who thinks she's a godsend, but cant wrap her head around simple boolean expressions, and the other is alright but seems to be not very interested in the course.
That being said, I know loads of dudes who are also shit progs, but I think it's probably easier for shit female programmers to get a job than male shit programmers - already in college I've heard of numerous female-only facilities and events revolved around getting more of them into the workplace. This would definitely increase the concentration of shit female programmers, as many would be hired based on their vagina, not their brain.

Fair enough.

I'm also just pulling your leg, I have three former study buddies that work at a web company that use Ruby as backend.

>look up her name

>I'm also just pulling your leg
w-where am i
this can't be Sup Forums
WHAT DID YOU DO WITH Sup Forums?

That looks like some trash spaghetti code.

why do women do this? why do they NEED to show off like this? ree to the e

Consider yourself blessed for never having to do frontend webdev.

This is painted in one of the dorm alleys at Caltech.
Really makes you think.

Allow /fit/ to explain.

Really compiles my code

t-thanks /fit/

Uhm so women are just as capable of being devs as men. Literally any other point of view is ignorance.

I have this weird feeling that you're trying to subtly argue that women can't be good programmers. Which makes you retarded.

What happened to Mac Daddy? The guy who made the video about kode with klossy's homepage and how they showed failed login attempts?

DUMB KODE POSTER

That's why I like her tbqh. I imagine her looking for all opportunities to make easy shekels - something I can respect

tj looks kind of like a woman

github.com/samcv
She's a perl dev

here's one:
github.com/terezka

>dude I can't come up with any opinions of my own so I will literally copy and paste what someone else wrote so I sound smart XD

>Hey I agree with what that guy wrote and he did so in a concise manner, I think I'll quote him later when this topic comes up again.

/fit/ is chock-full of virgin neckbeards who have no clue what they're talking about. The average /fit/ poster knows less about working out and having sex than the average Sup Forums poster knows about programming or networking

>I can't come up with anything profound on my own so I will just save a screenshot of le epic thread I read

>I'm a faggot

this, based Klossy is all /biz/

WTF is this Reddit now? Give him a break and stop being grammar nazis here
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Pointing out language mistakes has always been a thing on Sup Forums, my homosexual friend - I mean, it's for your own benefit. The only ones allowed to have bad grammar are cats.

No one writing good code will make a big fuss about what subcategory of humans they are part of, so good fucking luck searching for specific examples.

Ahahahah of course, after females started to get empowered in computer programming, the male illuminati created professional associations and discouraged the hiring of women. Why didn't women do the same?
Maybe they're not that good at their jobs?

they hired them to route patch cables and shit dumbass. go be a virgin somewhere else

Are you a grill?

I decided to try googling kloss and saw a reddit thread about her fuck ups

Man the amount of faggots whiteknighting for this woman is nauseating, truly.

no

it is common knowledge that women were employed for this type of work

Well you're either a female or a pathetic male that has no idea how to argue and have opinions.

related

Well, Margaret Hamilton's code got us to the moon, Ada Lovelace in part gave us modern computing. Some of the best programmers that I know are women, they just spend more time working than posting on instagram that they are koding.

This. That guy is fucked in the head

thanks feminism.

>Xkcd comic

Add a third frame where a monkey scribbles on the board and we rightly conclude monkeys are also bad at math

plenty of female coders desu

like rosy the riveter... err... rosie the programmer i guess now

and those female programmers are totally independent. they dont use their boyfriends computer and they make sure EVERYONE knows it

trannies dont count kiddo

my shoah station was written by a tranny

>tfw you will never mount your hard dick drive into klossi

>openbox
>Latest commit 9e8813e on 4 Mar 2015
wait, is openbox a dead?

>Dana Jansens
Not biological female.

All this retarded gender talk will make me go insane one day...
I don't care if you have a vagina, a penis or if you identify yourself as an apache helicopter. I don't care if you're attracted to men, women, dolphins or your imaginary cartoon boyfriend or girlfriend and I don't care if you're asexual. I don't even care if you are a green Martian or an intelligent fluid, cloud or what the heck not.
If your code submitted to one of my projects is trash though, I will tell you. So don't start crying like a bitch when I blame you for your mistakes.

More like "mature project".

The reality may be grimmer. Depending on the period and the work environment, programming as a job is considered between proletarian-tier and PhD-tier.

klossy is qt!