Nyaa Replacement General /nrg/

Previous This thread is for the discussion of Nyaa replacements.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5 (embed)

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

News
>Added api searching
>Theme fix up is still ongoing but making progress
>Scrapers in progress
>Added untested reset api button
>Now use svgs for icons
>Mods have more mass edit tools
>Filelist tree views properly work
>Elastic search done but needs testing

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

npmjs.com/package/crunchyroll,
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/pull/11730/commits/72cb991f90bf4283f59e111d8140b478b6f8fabe
rbt.asia/g/thread/60476111
rbt.asia/g/thread/60443777/#60443777,
rbt.asia/g/thread/60438165/#60438165,
rbt.asia/g/thread/60432778/#60432778
crunchyroll.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCola_(drink)
transparency.pantsu.cat/
brianreiter.org/2010/01/29/powershells-object-pipeline-corrupts-piped-binary-data/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nyaa.si > nyaa.pantsu.cat

Kys

>no transparency
>no db dumps
???

What's the difference anyways ?

Don't use this thread. Report it for falseflagging and being made early.

nyaa.si has competent developers and a much better uptime history. It's the site of choice for all major fansub groups

Go troll elsewhere.

>falseflagging
What do you mean by that? Cartel shill. Are you mad that your shitty site is not included in the OP?

>and being made early
It was made after the old thread went over the bump limit.

nyaa.si does not include transparency reports nor db dumps.

You're the cartel shill here snowfag. Your posting style gives you away.
>It was made after the old thread went over the bump limit.
New threads aren't made until page 10. Lurk moar.

Well, you either die an user or see yourself become a tripfag, I guess.

Anyway, what is the best CR scraper for linux?

>New threads aren't made until page 10. Lurk moar.
Says the guy that probably came for Sup Forums and stayed in these thread for the last 10 or so days.
In Sup Forums new generals are created after the bump limit at 310 posts.

>snowfag
Oh yeah, keep trolling. Still waiting for you to explain how snowfag is relevant to pantsu.

PantsuDev, will you make kana captcha for anonymouse by default?

Does CF protect against bots anyway?

I only know of npmjs.com/package/crunchyroll, no idea about the quality though.
It also needs nodejs.

You might also be able to try youtube-dl.

I wouldn't download an MP4 but I'll take a look at youtube-dl. Thanks.

>In Sup Forums new generals are created after the bump limit at 310 posts.
You have been called out by other anons in the last thread as this being wrong, so no fuck off.

You might want to apply this patch if it does not work for you. github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/pull/11730/commits/72cb991f90bf4283f59e111d8140b478b6f8fabe

Also, make sure to download the last version, not the one that your distro has.

>You have been called out by other anons in the last thread as this being wrong
Well, they are wrong.

>I wouldn't download an MP4 but I'll take a look at youtube-dl.
What's wrong with an MP4?

mkvs are better?

A bit unrelated but how can I see my own peer id, the thing that people see when they click "show peers" tab in their torrent clients?

>multiple anons calling out on your bullshit
>you're the only one claiming that threads are made as soon as the previous one hits the bump limit instead of waiting for page 10
>despite every single thread being made only at page 10 unless they were made by autists like you who made them prematurely
>those same autists were also called out on their premature bullshit and told to wait for page 10 before making a new thread every single time it happened
Go through the archives yourself since you're new. It's a fact that you're full of shit.

Go look up your own IP. Also stop using this thread. It's made by a shitposter.

Stop shitting the thread please.

>It's made by a shitposter.
You are the only one shitposting right now. Please stop shitposting in the only thread that actual discussion happens.

>Please stop shitposting in the only thread that actual discussion happens.
Clearly not this thread. Try waiting for page 10 before you make a new thread if you want people to use your shitty OP.

Are you retarded? The OP is the same as always go fuck yourself you fucking shitposter faggot

>This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (nyaa.pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer.
>This thread is for the discussion of Nyaa replacements.
You need to get your eyes replaced cartel shill.

Oh no someone dared to make the thread less shit by allowing discussion about the replacements!
WHAT A TRAGEDY!

No seriously, fuck off.

I applied the patch but I still get 503 error. Maybe my terminal input is wrong?

youtube-dl -u %%%% -p #### -F crunchyroll.com/direct_link_to_an_episode

>Oh no someone dared to make the thread less shit by allowing discussion about the replacements!
Don't you mean invite the nyaazi shills like yourself to shitpost the new thread?
These threads are now purely for pantsu discussion. Nyaazi shills can fuck off, that means you.

This was inserted by the faggot alucard here rbt.asia/g/thread/60476111
Before that we had threads like rbt.asia/g/thread/60443777/#60443777, rbt.asia/g/thread/60438165/#60438165, rbt.asia/g/thread/60432778/#60432778 and many more. That is until that tripfag fucked it up.

I am upset about this bullshit as I hoped for a distributed replacement and the IPFS one seemed like the best bet.

He added the change for the better of the thread. Now nyaazi shills aren't welcomed to shitpost in the thread because the thread is purely for the discussion of pantsu development. There is no need to discuss other torrent sites in these threads.
The distributed replacement and IPFS, are both within the scope of pantsu development, so you can still discuss them here and they are not affected in anyway.
The only thing that's affected by this change in OP is that nyaazi shills are no longer welcomed. That was the whole point of the change in the first place.

This desu.

We are at war with the cartel need to win if we want to become the official replacement.

Death to nyazi shills!

>He added the change for the better of the thread
No, the first time he added that the threads became full of shit. It's like he invites shitposting.

>Now nyaazi shills aren't welcomed to shitpost in the thread because the thread is purely for the discussion of pantsu development
Also people who support distributed replacements are not welcomed, even though they started posting in there threads before pantsu existed.

>The distributed replacement and IPFS, are both within the scope of pantsu development
No it is not, after all it is not pantsu, they are different replacements.

>The only thing that's affected by this change in OP is that nyaazi shills are no longer welcomed
They post anyway, in fact this sentence invites them.
Alucard tried to insert that thing a second time because he was butthurt that people did not welcome his change the first time.

If you do think that it is necessary to exinclude si in the OP the we can simply add ."*.si not welcome" in it, without exincluding other replacements.

I hope it does not become the official replacement. The official replacement needs to be distributed and free of censorship.

I think you may have been led to this site unintentionally. Here, let me redirect you to your animes.
crunchyroll.com/
Now you can have all of the content you're looking for. For a small fee you can go Premium and you can have it all before anyone else!
Join today!

>No it is not, after all it is not pantsu, they are different replacements.
It has always been pantsu's goal to be a distributed replacement, including IPFS implementation.
How about you actually read these threads before you spout bullshit you just made up.
Stop replying to me if you're going up make up shit when you clearly have not been following these threads at all.

Unsure if this is a cartel shill or a CR shill.

That sounds great! I was really worried about using any kind of nyaa site. They seem to be illegal and that one nyaa.si looks like they might have malware. I'm gonna go make a crunchyroll account right now. I have so much to catch up on! Thanks!!!

Been reading these threads since the start. Pantsu is a centralised replacement, the dev wants in the future to make it decentralised but right now pantsu is centralised and any new decentralised project or the IPFS project are not related to pantsu.

>any new decentralised project or the IPFS project are not related to pantsu.
They are, because all discussions about decentralization or IPFS are refering to the development of pantsu and it's future goals.

does anyone honestly believe pantsudev will manage to create a decentralized version if he can't even make a normal one?

How difficult is it for you to understand that not all nyaa replacement projects are relevant to pantsu? The original offline database reading thing wasn't, the original IPFS project wasn't, something new that someone might make tomorrow might not be.

I believe that he might be able to do it, with an extremely buggy version in 2 or so years maybe. I am pretty sure that it is an extremely low priority for him.

This shit's only gonna happen with gnunet and anyone saying different either have a new protocol or quit shilling shit that just isn't gonna work. Yeah, gnunet is a fucktarded mess that has a fuckton of work left to do. At least the foundation for it to support this kind of stuff is there. The other "newnet" protocols are just stopgaps and were mostly intended as cp distribution methods(prove me wrong).

>and anyone saying different either have a new protocol
How about NNTP and IPFS?

Still not intended for this kind of thing. iirc those require a user to download fuck huge amounts of data, essentially part of the net as a whole, to their disk, just to participate. It won't gain traction, it won't scale among normal users, it would require more resources than a niche community is willing or able to devote.
Fuck, just look at the shitstains that the nyaapocalypse has highlighted. One (pantsu) tries to go the good for all route, the other is the all for us route. There's a serious conflict of interest for what this shitshow is all about...ANIME. To a greater extent, the internet as a whole. Does anyone get it now?!
Probably not, fucking retards.

>those require a user to download fuck huge amounts of data
This is false, to my knowledge IPFS does not need that and NNTP definitely does not need that.
That would be the case with gnunet and freenet as far as I know.

what are blockchains?

Something like a linked list of hashes. A blockchain could be used for a torrent site like nyaa but am not sure how well it would work. Blockchains also have the same problem, you need to download all the blockchain in order to add something.

I'm just so sick of all this bullshit.
HS = cunts
cartel-whoever = cunts
It's like only pantsu is the only one, as a team, trying to give a straight story.
Hell, sharing everything here on Sup Forums of all places, the last place you want ANY semi-personal info to show up.
It's just tiring.
If I had the money, I'd fly to each one's place, pantsu/hs/.si, gather them all up for a bbq and beer. After that... well... Let's hope for the best, eh?

c-can I join?

As long as you have the continued and future uninterrupted flow of anime at heart, sure. Why not?

W-will we share a free as in freedom drink together?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCola_(drink)

If you bring it, sure. Why actual kola isn't included is weird. I like sassafras better frankly.

MIAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO! PANTSU IS DOWN!

Im trying to get the reverse proxy to be upgraded by unfortunatly due to the fact that the automation system didn't upgrade it, it has to be done manually so im waiting on their response.

I2P when?

More than an hour uptime when?

Two hours ago?

fucking fix your shit why is it always down

>502

Shit's dead yo

how about we make a new site which scrapes pantsu because its absolute trash?

transparency.pantsu.cat/ is still online

mkv is just a container

It's a better container.

Why scape pantsu? He Miao uploads the db.

have you seen the state of the website wherein its down every hour?

How is this relevant to my post? He uploads the db so you don't need to scrape the site if you want to make a new one, you just need to download the db.

Why scrape when you have access to db dump?

I am working on a distributed nyaa replacement in C.

How did they count the dl#, again?
Tracker specific?
Or did it sum the total dl from all trackers in that specific torrent?

Wrong image.

Good luck.
Any way to contributes?

Try looking in the source code for it

Soon, after I have made something worthy of sharing.

I2P would have solved the downtime problem.

nyaa.si won deal with it

How is their transparency and database dumping?

congrats for nyaa.si

now what?

>no db dumps
>no transparency
???

>not nyaa.rip

>not anidex.info

They really got the good end: they don't have to deal with the cartel and they have a health user base now.

holy shit being looking to roll out a flac sharing site
lemme rip off your code before (((Github))) shuts it down
saved me weeks of work kek
>also degenerate weebos
>kill yourselves

Nice, keep us updated.

Cool, remember to read up on the go docs

Remember to add an I2P tunnel.

You weebs chose a shit language, but Ill manage

You can use the .si version but it's in python (another shit language).

I'll save the land of nyaa replacements by rewriting the system in Javascript. The best of the meme languages

In sh.

In Powershell actually

wtf that code is cancer

I'll save nyaa by hosting a private 07 Runescape server where you upload and download torrents at the grand exchange.

PowerHell
brianreiter.org/2010/01/29/powershells-object-pipeline-corrupts-piped-binary-data/

>frogposter

Please do it.

IRC bot that replies with magnet links?

What the fug? Tried downloading a CR episode cia youtube-dl but I ended up with the subtitle file (.ass). Wat do?

Why not just use XDCC at that point

because torrents

Check if it also downloaded the actual video.