Arch users, whats stopping you from switching to Parabola...

Arch users, whats stopping you from switching to Parabola? A networking card that costs 10 bucks to replace is not an excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

h-node.org/wifi/catalogue/en
gnu.org/graphics/heckert_gnu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not everyone tat uses Linux is a castrated GNUmale like you, OP.

> it doesn't work with network cards
> not a legitimate reason
Great OS for calculators

>Not everyone tat uses Linux [sic] cares about their essential freedoms

Arch is all about customizing your system. Parabola has no locked down unmodifiable components
Just because your intel botnet wifi card doesn't work doesn't mean none work.

Not what they said.
h-node.org/wifi/catalogue/en

Yeah but muh Razer™ Gaming ™® WiFi ca®d doesn't work on it
Well it does but the LED's © don't light up

I would use it on a server but as a daily driver? Come on.

> Freedom
> GNU censorship
Sounds right.

Systemd...

>not distributing botnets directly and instead permitting you to get them from the manufacturer is censorship

I made the switch a few months ago. No regrets.
Librebooted, of course.
Also on my X200s (also liberated).

Don't worry about it.

You can switch it just like on arch.
Whats wrong with it on the desktop? "Come on" isnt really much of a reason

>Parabola has no locked down unmodifiable components

It does if you wont surrender to Dr (well, fake doctor) Richard Stallman's mental illness and refuse to use some shitty sub-par hardware otherwise you can't do jack shit with Parabola because you have no internet which is probably what Stallmanites and GNUmales want because they see it as a way to punish people not subscribing to their SJW/Vegan/Jehovah Witness cult.

I wasn't vaccinated as a child

Neither of you use arch. Learn to read and head back to

I'd just like to interject for a moment. You appear to be using an element from this image in your post: gnu.org/graphics/heckert_gnu.html
You may have done this accidentally, but you've violated the terms of its copyright license. This is a serious offense and I hope you take it as seriously as it deserves.
Not to say that you're not allowed to create derived works from this image, you are, but this picture is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic license. Therefor, you are free:

to share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work;
to remix - to adapt the work;

Under the following condition:

attribution - You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
share alike - If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

In this case, the attribution requirement is resolved simply by including the following in your post:

A Bold GNU Head by Aurelio A. Heckert

Now that you have read this, I hope you have a better understanding of your rights and obligations when remixing and sharing this work. They will let you edit, now be nice and credit~

Is the GTX 670 one of the last GPUs that works with nouveau without nonfree firmware? I think I heard it got harder with more recent nvidia cards.

If I don't use Arch then how do you explain this?
ls /lib/modules | grep ARCH
4.11.3-1-ARCH
extramodules-4.11-ARCH

That's correct, to my understanding—GTX 670 and GTX 660ti are the best GPUs supported by free firmware.

fpbp

GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY UNIX YOU DIRTY GNU/PEASANTS!!!

If you're the one who posted the picture its because you dont understand the small difference between older and newer hardware on such a minimal distro.
And if you're the other faggot then you're just a tard

>AMD & Thinkpad
how's that?

This isn't my ThinkPad, this is my desktop/server/workstation, which is AMD-based. My ThinkPad also runs Parabola.

lmao sup gayname@gayhost

Let's see yours.

> Even debian isn't accepted by GNU because it doesn't hide the non-free repository from users.

Thanks, that made me laugh.

How is that any better?

i dont name myself the "voidbringer"
all you need is, instead of having parabola, run kali, then switch the chars around, "d4rk" @ "br1ng3r"
homo slobknob

>Using Arch on a server at all
It's like you want to stay unemployed

>because it has a nonfree repository
FTFY

Yeah but you can add non-free repos to a fsf approved distro, so it seems unnecessarily punitive.
t.former Trisquel user

"voidbringer"? That's not how hostnames work.

"bringer" is the white sun of Mirrodin. It is my fileserver.
"eyeofdoom", the blue sun, is my phone.
"ingle", the black sun, is my seedbox.
"skytyrant", the red sun, is my tablet and automobile head unit.
"lyese", the green sun, is my laptop.

"void" is from an old null/void joke I used to use in my naming conventions. Don't overthink it.

still gay as fuck, you're probably just a sorcerer not even a wizard cunt

What's an "ecron"?

my middle name

Didn't mean to offend your insecurities; forgot where I was for a minute.

idk man i just think when you string together "void" and "bringer" it sounds like one of those edgy "hacker" aliases

but if ur basing ur naming schemes off like... magic the gathering cards, idk dude it's still pretty gay

GNU/Linux is my favourite WRPG

2/10
Made me reply

Thanks, that made me think

>t. gay

Because as a normal user, I'm fine with dealing with software, specially thanks to great guides on things like the arch wiki. But hardware? I'm not even familiar with any tools that will ease the transition. The answer to a basic question like "What won't run on my specific machine if I install parabola?" probably requires manual work, using search engines and whatnot. (Unless I am mistaken and there is a tool that does something like " | grep linux-libre-incompatible")

>A networking card that costs 10 bucks to replace is not an excuse.
What are you talking about?

Can't imagine anyone who isn't debilitatingly poor saying this.

HAHAHAHAHA

>using downstream distros

>he's actually breaking the license agreement
Fuck

Are the OS maintainers the ones running the repo? If yes, the OS maintainers are the ones distributing nonfree software, and they are the issue. If no, they're not involved.

It's not breaking the law since it is a parody protected by fair use.

It may actually be a valid parody of the FSF in this case, so the use of the bold GNU head is fair. (The jew hands, on the other hand...)
I mostly just posted that since I figured the poster'd get mad (or laugh) at the pasta.

>or if you're using it in contexts talking about GNU in a [..] accurate way, you can also do this without permission

Well considering Stallman has admitted to being of Jewish decent (and managed to con people to work under his name for free for 3 decades) is certainly accurate.

> "and people can readily find these nonfree packages by browsing Debian's online package database and its wiki" gnu website

Again, even debian isn't accepted by GNU because it doesn't hide the non-free repository from users. What a censorship.

Those are pretty god names desu

Because if I want to install botnets on my free as in freedom system, then it is my god given right to do so.

>not promoting a product is censorship
...okay

Parabola allows you to do this. In vanilla Arch, you get to install botnets on your almost-fully-free-as-in-freedom system.

>Whats wrong with it on the desktop? "Come on" isnt really much of a reason
I like my proprietary GPU drivers.

It's stuff like DE's that bug out all the time, software from core is pretty rock solid

You just said they do the same thing.

test123123

What's the point? Arch is more popular so it has more support.

It's like saying what is the point of mint Ubuntu is popular so it gas more support