How many hertz is enough hertz?

How many hertz is enough hertz?

My CPU is 4 GHz so obviously I keep my monitor at 4 GHz as well so they are in sync with each other

Well technically we don't need more than 30 hertz, because the humand eye can't see more than 30 frames per second

Wise man. You don't want to mess with interference.

Never is enough hertz

but you have two eyes...

the human eye can't see more than 15fps

It never hertz having more

The human eye cannot tell the difference over 12 fps. Purely placebo

How much were CRT's? I can't even remember.

hurtz?

yea 240hz, effictive 120hz for stable 60hz

~140 is not a meme. 240 is probably a meme.

Assuming unlimited technology I think something around ~300Hz (or like 360 or so for a round number) would probably be the best you'd ever use, I can't imagine being able to spot any differences above that.

60Hz is enough for programming, nigger.

30Hz is enough for programming

But it's not enough for my autism

then buy two 30hz monitor and voila 60hz

nah 144 hz or nuthin' the mouse is sooooo smooth

I have a 144 Hz monitor but keep it at 120 usually. Mostly because Netflix turns the whole monitor to white noise at 144 Hz.

Each eye can only see one frame at a time so 2hz is plenty for anyone

>programming
>mouse

It's not Netflix, it's the DRM.

Holy shit reddit is really here now huh

>60693586
(You)

holy shit Sup Forums is really here now huh

At some point we'll be able to sync up the gpu framerate with the refresh rate of the monitor and it will always refresh and only refresh when the gpu draws a new frame

that will be enough hertz

.... like freesync?

WHEN WILL MONITORS USE FREE SOFTWARE? REEEEEEEEEEEE

all of them.

The biggest problem is that there's not a lot of software you can use at those refresh rates anyways.

I have a 120Hz monitor inside a closet. The new one I bought was 60Hz and really, I'd rather work with the higher resolution and IPS than TN 1680x1050. 120Hz -is- pretty cool, but it also requires support and a decent PC that can drive such framerates.

I mean it's like ultrawide. I use ultrawide but I'll admit it's not exactly the best thing. It's good for what I do which is multitasking with shit side by side, but honestly watching tv shows on it is really dumb.

Fuck off carlos

Greatly diminishing returns by the time you hit 240. If you aren't sacrificing image quality to get there then sure why not, but I wouldn't use a shitty overclocked TN panel with washed out colors over a nicer IPS/VA at 144. 120 to 144 was barely noticeable to me, even.

60 until we get decent colors on anything higher.
>inb4 muh 144hz ips acer gaymen exxxtreme thunder shock zap electric lightning heat fire 2.0
They look like fucking shit compared to a regular AH-IPS. Go to a store that lets you see them side by side. Don't get me wrong, they blow away TNs, but it's not worth it to anyone but dedicated gamers.

I don't disagree about them being worse than high end IPS panels, but this is my XB270HU next to my Dell S2715H. To my eye, the colors on the XB270HU look better, even with the Dell being glossy.

Probably can't tell a ton from the picture, but it proves that I own them at least.

You are wrong. Each eye can see only ~12 fps and the brain collects it from each eye and tricks you into believing you can see more.

All you need is 12 hertz.

HOW ABOUT MAKING A SINGLE NOT SHIT 40" 4k FIRST YOU FUCKING MONITOR FAGGOTS

DESU probably between 500 and 1000, at which point improvements will likely become truly imperceptible.

Although dominishing returns sets in long before that, which is a different question.

fuck you nvidia

Actually it's 0 Hz because the human eye can't see at all. Educate yourself, fool.

>How many hertz is enough hertz?
60 as long as high refresh rate monitors come with garbage tier TN panels

All your hertz are belong to us