C# is vastly superior to Java

>C# is vastly superior to Java
>Java is desperately trying to implement mechanics C# had since many years
>most of them are half assed and not quite as good
>the only downside of C# - no multiplatform and lack of opensource is disappearing as we speak since they diverted most of their dev power into fixing them
>new runtime, .NET core is completely open and available at github
>tfw LINQ, delegates, properties, true generics, operator overloading & beautiful syntax
>clean and aesthetic code unlike bloated Java
>non-Microsoft, multiplatform IDE released by amazing JetBrains

Why are you not on team C# yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

ideone.com/EUbsc9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>c# takes things from java
>now java has to catch up

to answer your question, because c# is windows.

>because c# is windows.
not as much as it used to be. you can easily work with it on any other system right now.

its a great language it was my very first programming language in middle school.
my problem with it tho is that its very platform limited.
devices you can develop for with c#:
-windows
-windows phone(dead)
-kinect(dead)
-xbox 360 through xda(dead)
-windows 10 IoT(nobody uses it and its trash)

>b-but .net core runs on linux and mac
which is fine if you want to write console apps but as soon as you want gui you have to use another language like c/c++/java
also there are no c# on android or ios
>xamarin is an overpriced buggy piece of shit and even if you use it you still gonna need to write java/swift code.

C# is only getting better and more flexible. Microsoft recently stated they wanna improve C# low level code for gaymen, hope it gets more widely adopted.

C# has immutable strings, want to change something in a string? Good luck, u now have 2 strings

All functions in C# throw exceptions. HttpRequest completed but returned 304? 404? Well, thats an exception, here, waste 100k cycles. Exceptions should be removed from release mode and left only in debug, but that was too advanced for pajeets.

Wanna use LINQ? If you have more than 10k objects enjoy wasting 100mb of space for all the overhead and GC heap fragmentation due to LINQ lists extensions.

Wanna use foreach? Enjoy overhead of calling GetEnumerator every iteration + struct boxing.

Wanna call managed function ? Too bad, we need to copy all arguments and check for "CodeSecurity", supress it? sure, enjoy GC pinning and heap fragmentation. Want to write msil for it? too bad u cant, calli is only 8 instructions of overhead, but you need to use C++/CLI to do it.

You have a buffer/array of something? Want to return a sub of it as new temp array, too bad you cant. Create new array obj and copy references ;^)

Want to optimize your code? Sure, go ahead, but you need to use undocumented keywords like __refvalue, __reftype, __makeref.

Want to use delegates? Too bad they hold a reference to obj of function and its checked every time you call the ref.

Want fast C# code without allocating 500megs?

Drop linq, drop foreach,drop strings, drop arrays unless preallocated, dont use any of FCLs, dont use winforms or wpf, use SharpDX, Go unsafe and use pointers for 30% performance vs 300% if u just wrote it in C. Buy 3 monitors each dedicated something, MSIL code, one for ASM output and one for picture of your kids/dreams so that you dont pull the trigger after looking at what ASM JIT shit out which is over 20 instructions and can be reduced to ~ 5, too bad you cant control it :)

If you need to use Java libraries but don't want to deal with Java's gay ass syntax, you can use Scala, Clojure or Kotlin. They are all better than C#.

>very platform limited
Azure, ASP.NET, SQL platforms, WPF, WinForms, Windows Universal, Mono.NET, Windows Phone, Xamarin (Android + iOS), Unity, etc etc etc.

>It's not on these platforms cause I say so! I don't care that it is!

This post gave my dead grandfather cancer.
That's how retarded you are.

>Azure
overpriced $5 linux vms that u can buy on OVH/scaleaway/online.net
>ASP.NET
Only kestrel is good because its using libuv, everything else is pajeet shit, especially DB management
>SQL platforms
lol
>WPF
enjoy the overhead of 5 class 100+ properties/sanity checking abstractions for a single rectangle
>Winforms
are we in 2001?
>Mono.NET
500% performance hit
>Xamarin
never used
>Unity
might as well kill myself

Why? Everything i said is true.

>this entire post

>C# is vastly superior to Java
It isn't, but if it were then Kotlin is vastly superior to C# anyway.

>Java is desperately trying to implement mechanics C# had since many years
They add features with great care and consideration instead of throwing in whatever to make fizzbuzz babies hyped.

>most of them are half assed and not quite as good
On the contrary.

>the only downside of C# - no multiplatform and lack of opensource is disappearing as we speak since they diverted most of their dev power into fixing them
>new runtime, .NET core is completely open and available at github
Far from being production-ready.

>tfw LINQ, delegates, properties, true generics, operator overloading & beautiful syntax
See above.

>clean and aesthetic code unlike bloated Java
They look pretty much the same.

>non-Microsoft, multiplatform IDE released by amazing JetBrains
Still in EAP after all this time.

And then the Java ecosystem has more, superior tools:
>runtimes (HotSpot, JRockit, Excelsior JET, IBM J9, ...)
>security frameworks (Spring Security, JSR 375, ...)
>component-based web frameworks (JSF + PrimeFaces/OmniFaces/..., Vaadin, ...)
>MVC web frameworks (Spring MVC, Play, JSR 371, ...)
>batch processing frameworks (Spring Batch and other JSR 352 implementations)
>web services frameworks (Jersey, RESTEasy, Spring Web Services, ...)
>network application frameworks (Netty, Vert.x, Undertow, ...)
>multiplatform desktop gui frameworks (JavaFX, SWT, ...)
>game development frameworks (LibGDX, jMonkeyEngine, PlayN, ...)
>big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, ...)
>IDEs (IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans, ...)
>profilers (VisualVM, XRebel, JRockit Mission Control, ...)
>build automation tools (Maven, Gradle, ...)
>other languages on the same runtime that support interop (Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, Groovy, JRuby, Jython, ...)

.NET ecosystem loses in each and every one of these categories.

>I have to manually control every little thing for my code to be fast
>stringbuilder doesn't exist

>on the contrary
How can you say that with a straight face knowing about Java's generics?

C# doesn't even have a good math library, it lacks the most basic functions. Go bait someplace else.

Never ran into any issues using them. What's your problem wish them?

and Golang is vastly superior to C#.

t. Someone whose converting a C# codebase to go over the next 6 months and getting paid $350,000 to do it.

C# devs are code monkeys.

>defending java
only bad programmers do this.

Bet you can't even program outside of an IDE. Cuck.

You would immediately notice the issue if you used generics in languages other than Java.

>cuck

I've also used templates in C++ (which are the equivalent of generics) and don't see a problem with them.

Try creating a variable of a generic type then.

C# just might be the most vile,disgusting and revolting piece of utter shit I've seen in my entire life, and I've seen some shit.
I used to wonder why the fuck do people hate microsoft, but after my encounters with c# and its programmers,I can safely say that java is far,far superior just because it's not at least fucking microsoft.
Sup Forums is a fucking meme place where 99% people are fucking overweight, or skinny fucks. There is no middle ground, no normal human beings. They repeat each other with no thoughts or experience of their own, and they'll never, ever even get a job closely related to computers or programming, otherwise they'd have realised that in the industry, java is what works.No matter how much they scream "le pajeet ahaha" , it won't change the fact that java is used and will continue being used. Java isn't best, but it just werkz. There are far better languages than java, but goddamn, C# is java AND microsoft amalgamation abomination.
Remember, Sup Forums is where failed programmers come to cry about how company didn't like their fizzbuzz ,all while filling out for McDs interviews.
It's wonderful how some oldfags start a meme, newfags repeat it long enough and underages start believing it

T variable
Still not seeing the problem.

Who the fuck enjoys mindless typing everything from scratch outside of an IDE? Might as well make your own OS and your own programs from scratch and only then start developing real world stuff.

>C# is bad because someone on Sup Forums said it's better than Javascript

FTFY

That's how you do that in C++. Now show a working example in Java(use Ideone).

who the fuck wants gui anymore? the only relevant framework on .net is asp.net and it works just fine on linux.

THIS
anons defend c# because muh gaymes they're too dumb to learn c++ for gamedev and defend their meme microjew java wannabe c#

What's the difference between C#, C, and C++?

C# is a Java clone that was named after C and C++ to meme beginners into using it

C# is vastly superior to Java. Visual Studio is the IDE of the gods. 10/10 post user.

Dear retard. Java has no pointers. Java is twice as slow as C#. At least in C# you can optimized it if you try hard and can be pretty close to metal. C# can be on part and even faster than C++ if you put your time in it. It's just that the framework libs provided are bad because they are created for quick enterprise software that doesn't require any real performance.

As we're speaking ASP.NET Core is getting a new upgrade with Registered IO on sockets which puts it on par with C libs for plaintext benchmarks. As u can see from this C# can be as fast as C, if you put the time into it and read like 8000 pages of MSIL/C# books about CLR internals and EE.

next time rty ro provide actual arguments like this user

C# is C++++ with the last two plus signs stacked below, so you can tell it's really good.

>java clone

gross.

Ctrl-F because
0 matches

wait shit there is actually one. But basically what's your actual problem with C# memes aside?

>oracle

>C#
Inferior java memed by microsoft, who decided to name it "C#" to cash in on the "C" name
>C
Best programming language there is. Concise, fast and works everywhere.
>C++
One of the better languages.Someone looked at C and thought "hey, this is cool, what if I add these cool features to it !". Except the features made it shittier than the original.

The way I did it is the Java way too.
ideone.com/EUbsc9

Dear retard pajeet, yes, I can tell by your posting style. I never claimed that java does whatever you think I claimed, I was merely relaying REAL LIFE experience which I accumulated over the years I worked in the industry, and I still stand by my point that C# is shit. Remember, 6 gorrilion devices run java, and only cucks with no actual field experience use C# for their microsoft overlords. Good goy, 0.2 rupees were deposited in your account.
I wasn't aiming to provide arguments ,simply because this is an echo chamber where some retard can simply come and say "java more like pajeet eh" and fags like would shower him with (you)s, all while sucking microsoft jew dick, wasting my time "arguing" is as pointless as arguing with reddit.
>7+ GB"IDE"
No thanks, I'm good with vim

>James Gosling, who created the Java programming language in 1994, and Bill Joy, a co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the originator of Java, called C# an "imitation" of Java; Gosling further said that "[C# is] sort of Java with reliability, productivity and security deleted."

But l am on C# already. Its fantastic.

I would learn C# if I had any use for it tbqh

Why aren't more games programmed in C?

why do people always shit on size of VS with todays dirtcheap HDD?
>500MB+ movie
>No thanks, I'm good with 240p quality

From real life, I can tell you that C# is the language you want to learn if you're looking for work. Java dev IRL is almost as bad and hipsterish as Javascript (the build tools etc.) Primarily Pajeets and some graduates use it.
With C# and .net you're working with an enterprise-grade environment vs J2EE or whatever bullshit. Everyone I know, linux or windows users, hate Java.

What about python? or Ruby?

If you work in the industry you are nothing but a cuck. I make over $300k a year writing low level C#/high performance software. No one cares what you do for 12 hours in some cubicle sucking dicks and writing yet another Farm Manager Enterprise Solution Software TM

Because writing C code is time consuming and it's not faster than C++ anyway.
Also OOP works very well with games.

If I don't want to use Java, I don't want to use Java with a paintcoat.

It's not a scripting language. Most people don't want to reinvent the wheel, they want to fire something up and go

>Java is twice as slow as C#.
stopped reading there you liar

>comparing .NET core which is still work in progress
>instead of Java vs C# on Windows running standard .NET

Well done Rasheed! You showed those microcucks!

I work for a meme-worth """digital agency""" that has a consulting business as well and honestly I've never encountered anything built in Ruby. To me, Ruby and Ruby+Rails only exists on the internet with people who have colored hair. Python is widely used where I work for back of house stuff. Primarily because it comes with Debian.

>2017
>his language has no generics with guaranteed type safety
woah...

I love var.

>Everyone I know,linux or windows users,hate java
>users
That's my fucking point.You are fucking USERS with shit pleb USER level experience of working.
Also wrong on the whole "C# for work" thing, Now I know you don't know shit. Stop defending this pile of steaming crap like a gentile.
>java is hipster-ish like javascript
Except it's not. Java was being used when nu-males like you weren't even born.
>With C# and .net you're working with an enterprise-grade environment vs J2EE or whatever bullshit
Now I'm not gonna bother with you, underage pajeet.

>"IDE"
>7+ GB
>IDE
>300 MB
>just as good and fast if not better
>comparing IDE's to movies
literally human trash. Sometimes I wish I pushed your mom down the stairs when she was pregnant with you.
>python
This generation's java, too much version fuckery for me to care
>ruby
Only for homosexuals or subhumans

Nice try, guy.

>With C# and .net you're working with an enterprise-grade environment vs J2EE or whatever bullshit.
Java has the ultimate enterprise-grade environment. Find me a big enterprise other than Microsoft that doesn't use Java.

>Java dev IRL is almost as bad and hipsterish as Javascript (the build tools etc.)
How is having good build tools hipsterish? Java has the most mature and proven tools. It's also very focused on backwards compatibility. This is the opposite of hipsterish.

>comparing .NET core which is still work in progress
Then OP dun fucked up. He should come back and make this thread when it's actually mature enough to be usable.
>instead of Java vs C# on Windows running standard .NET
Linux is the standard server OS. Who the fuck cares about Windows?

>Java gets a new feature
>It's just sugar for something you can already do
Every time.

>C# yet?

because there is cocktlin now and its actually good. like better than C# good imo.

>vim
>IDE
pick one. you probably meant "vim + hundred of barely working addons", sorry, most working people have no time to play with shitty addons made by freetards living in basements.
id rather tick some checkboxes and have all the functionality ready without spending X hours. its like buying a new sports car versus modding honda civic from 90s.

so basically what you are saying is the only operating system where you can write fast code in c# is an expensive nsa sponsored restricted piece of shit os with a longer EULA than my asshair.

>Java adds a new feature
>its a complicated workaround using existing features
JUST

Python is growing as meme learning is hot as fuck right now. Even Google announced their focus will now be AI first instead of mobile first or something.

Ruby's future is hazy. Rails is practically dead.

>users
Forgive me, people, developers, whatever. And honestly, C# and .net translate better for businesses. Java has the reputation of grads or pajeets, and its build echo-system is all a meme. Its far more clean to use .net instead of supporting the fucking JVM, you lint-licker. I program in both and have had more legal tenders bestowed upon me in contracts for jobs that use C# vs Java. Java shops are topkek.

all ever language features are just sugar for you to generate asm. thats really just an non argument.

if you mean adding new stuff to the jvm then iirc lambdas use a different byte code that allows for better stream optimization.

You can write C# for Windows 98 if you want.

can you write C# 7.0 for windows 98? that would be impressive compability.

>Java shops are topkek.
you mean NASA, General Motors, HP, Walmart, Netlix, Apple, T-Mobile, Intel, etc? They look pretty successful to me.

wtf I love C# now

But Java does not compile to asm, Java compiles to bytecode That bytecode limits what you can do in the language - bytecode compatibility is the reason that generics aren't and never will be typesafe.

I believed that lambdas were just sugar for anonymous classes. I could be wrong, but it seems to be the Java way to half-ass everything in order to maintain bytecode compatibility.

Script kiddies in this thread won't understand user. The fact that people write games in C# makes me weep for the future.

I thought Netflix used silverlight?

Not in a long time

Honestly, all of those companies probably have both running. The C# devs are the ones that go have beer at lunch and want to #MAGA

>muh Java
Call me when you can implement ExpandoObject in Java. Or are you still manually writing class hierarchy like fucking Neanderthals?

>people arguing java vs c# when it's literally the same fucking language
It's like pepsi and cola

This is the code of my local indie gamedev company, this game has 30k+ owners on steam.

>bytecode compatibility is the reason that generics aren't and never will be typesafe.
>never
doesn't the GraalVM/Truffle duo skip bytecode completely?

it did, but I'm not even talking about the video player

>Honestly, all of those companies probably have both running
sure, but they seem to prefer Java

GM on indeed: 8 C# offers, 43 Java offers
HP on indeed: 10 C# offers, 22 Java offers
Apple on indeed: 17 C# offers, 378 Java offers
T-Mobile on indeed: 17 C# offers, 60 Java offers
Intel on indeed: 11 C# offers, 53 Java offers
Walmart on indeed: 8 C# offers, 13 Java offers
NASA partners on indeed: 70 C# offers, 248 Java offers
Netflix on indeed: 9 C# offers, 45 Java offers

pls delete this

>java syntax
>gay
why yes my good sir, Java syntax fills every user with a sense of glee and giddiness not unlike euphoria.

>Why are you not on team C# yet?
Because C++ is vastly superior to C#

>Java's syntax is gay
>Scala, Clojure, Kotlin aren't

why? at least now u know how to make intel branch predictor spit out its guts and commit suicide

I wish someone would just go back to the drawing board with C++, keep the good shit and modernise it a bit.

>generics aren't typesafe
If you are running into this issue you probably designed the generic class or are using it incorrectly.
Lambdas are different than anonymous classes because they share the same namespace (which makes it easier because you aren't restricted to passing in variables declared final from outside of it).

fucking hell. I hate being that guy who re-writes other people's code, but holy fuck I just want to replace it with: SetAchievement("level" + std::toString(level));

What would you like to remove or change?

Or u know they could just precalculate hashes for achievement names and save all that time.

My internship requires me to use Java.

A good start would be to remove the whole header file and function prototype garbage, and just have a straight module system. From there you can simplify things like initialisation since most vexing parse wouldn't be an issue any more.

This just shows how dumb you are. There is absolutely no reason for achievements to have level name, Could just use int as name. Stop writing C++ and switch to Ruby.

yea, or SetAchievement(enum LevelUp, int level);

Wait, is java still alive?
I just won't launch ever in my browser, so I thought it was a turd.
Last time I programmed with this shit was like 2004, and it was already trash back then.

>I wish someone would just go back to the drawing board with C++, keep the good shit and modernise it a bit.
literally C#

>Stop writing C++ and switch to Ruby.