Intel Core i9 processors have RFID tags, AMD featurelets BTFO

Intel Core i9 processors have RFID tags, AMD featurelets BTFO

archive.is/W8m3L

Other urls found in this thread:

mycpu.eu/
murata.com/en-eu/products/rfid/magicstrap).
techpowerup.com/233945/amd-readies-nine-ryzen-threadripper-models
archive.is/yUGvb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

enjoy your botnet

The RFID tags invade privacy. They use them to identify what programs have been run on what CPUs.

Whats wrong with this? Its not bad right?

>The overclocker Der8auer has released Intel's Core i9 from its heat spreader and discovered an RFID or NFC chip - with an unknown purpose.

>The LGA2066 housing of the new Core i9 processors hides a radio chip, ie an NFC or RFID tag. The overclocker's novel Hartung aka Der8auer discovered this when he removed the metal cover from a Core i9-7800X.

>So far, it is unclear what Intel is using the RFID chip; The chip manufacturer has not answered yet. The data sheets published so far and the specification update for Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X do not mention this RFID chip.

>From a PC housing the chip should not be readable, but only from close proximity to the procession housing. Intel may deposit data from the respective processor in the RFID chip, which are laser-insulated on the heat spreader, but can not be read under the cooler: for example, the type designation and the spec number with which the stepping can be identified.

>jewtim
>lanelet
>soclet
>clocklet
>botnet

What is Intel even doing at this point

get ready for maximum butt fuckery jews

>approximate size of a POWER9 CPU

It just keeps getting bigger every time I see it!

First it was Intel ME, and now it's this. Fuck Intel and the botnet.

It's a feature guys pls continue buying Intel

That's a big cpu

Someone will manage to make that fit onto a mini itx board

The only thing I can think of that's not nefarious for it's purpose is it records clock speed, thermal data, and power. Run a reader next to it, and have it display what it was doing before the customer needed an RMA. Just easier book keeping and service.

4U

If i delid that, will you die?

They need something to tell your smartphone when it starts throttling at 120C

>nothing to worry about here goys, just look away

>had money for a RFID chip for daddy NSA
>but not fucking liquid metal solder

Fucking kikes, gas them all

Which is retarded since they won't be able to fit more than four RAM slots, and they will already start building upwards for the M.2 cards, audio DSPs, and integrated wifi.

Then throw in the single PCIe slot and you are wasting expansion space for raid controllers and coprocessors.

Haha, so typical intel. Used toothpaste instead of soldering so they can put in extra spyware in the actual hardware. NSA and mossad must have some hilarious info on the intel board. It' shilarious how theya re running intel into ground with this shit.

>90c

Those chips will strangle themselves.

There would be extreme heatenings.

>le nsa bogeyman
It's obviously for the fire departments.

more permutaions

I just wonder if intel paid derbauer to spill that tim nonsense or if he came up with it himself; since if he's not the founder of the "deliding" market, he's at the very least the biggest player in the deliding tools market.

You're not a member of the God's Chosen Nation unless you circumcised your dick.

This is preached through Intel's CPUs, that pass the same trials

kek.

>intel putting something extra on a chip and not an arm and a leg for (or to not disable) it,
>not being nefarious

>he fell for the non-simulated cpu meme

>RFID tags
>foreskin melted into thermal paste instead of soldering it
Fucking kikes.

>not building a CPU with 74 series logic

intel put an RFID chip on the processors so they don't mix up the $250 processor with the $2000 processor that go in the same socket, more at 11

Seriously... I really want to continue buying Intel CPUs, but the go-to standard mod for them is fucking delidding them? That's just too much...

>rfid inside a cpu, bellow a metal heatspreader, bellow a metal heatsink
wtf, the jews dont know what to do anymore
or maybe it was just an """elaborated""" plan to prevent you from DELID THIS that backfired?!?!?

Haha the customer is fucking paying for this and not the fucking solder. Holy fuck I cannot understand why someone would pay for this. Just stay with botnet x99.

Inb4
>RFID is good for customer
>Swat doesn't need to remove your cooler to identify the processor
>American spies can insert microcode malware from afar
>But you get kick*ss RFID chip for free!

What could the purpose of this RFID chip be if not some type of botnet/tracking device?

Delidding is the most retarded meme in the past few years.

Well maybe tracking who leaked the engineering samples? Dunno, whatever it is, none of my concern, I won't be getting i9 like ever probably.

Are you trolling? It's been proven to lower temps by 20-40*c

Intel cheaped the fuck out and didn't solder the internal heat sink to the die.

I don't have any of these processors, so I haven't really looked into it to see the results. Does it actually improve anything, or is it like the EVGA exploding cards meme where the thermal mod sorta helps temps, but the exploding was completely unrelated and not user-fixable?

Your CPU runs 20-30C higher than needed because Intel thought it would be a smart move to not use a few cents for liquid metal solder instead of toothpaste to glue to silicon to the metal plate on a $2000 CPU

You'll get solder for the next refresh, goy.

In the meantime please buy our delid tool and Intel Developed Water Cooler

On the 3770k my CPU would sit at 75-80°C stock
I could not overclock past 4 GHz without reaching 90°C

delidding allowed me to clock to 4,4 GHz keeping it below 85°C which is still a bit on the toasty side, but I did not expect it to run for more than 5 years.

Now lower temperatures for chips is always good. Lower power draw, higher life expectancy.
And that goes for both overclocking and regular usage.

>the only difference between the $250 processor and the $2000 processor is a software limiter to throttle the performance down

yea that's totally a consumer friendly practice that I should support with my wallet.

mycpu.eu/

No you're retarded, You shouldn't have to pry open your brand new cpu to make it perform acceptably. Delid market is just solidifying to Intel that they don't need to solder it. Why when you could possibly damage it and buy a 2nd cpu. More sales for them. Genius strategy since most users don't replace a cpu for years.

>literally ever thing the cpu does is id'd for intel to snoop on you with
Living the dream

In PCB production I know of RFID chips made by Murata (murata.com/en-eu/products/rfid/magicstrap). Those chips are usually embedded either on top of the PCB or are sunken into the sides of it. Typically you would store information regarding the production process on it (i.e., how long was the PCB inside the drilling process and what parameters where used, etc.).
Would be interesting to know, if this is a chip like that, or if they really store other info on there.

t. pcb trading user

>few years
more like 13-14, you underage piece of shit

It could just be something they're putting on preproduction chips in case anyone steals them.

pic related is how it'll turn out

oc because I was too bored

Yes, and Intel ME is perfectly innocuous as well all know.

Skylake/kabylake is a decent bit more efficient than haswell/broadwell was at mid frequencies.
3.5GHz is definitely impossible but i wouldn't be surprised if they manage to get 2.7-3GHz with only moderately housefire TDPs

The jewcum for TIM has already made the rounds and people are fucking livid, once the RFID nonsense follows people are gonna be even more livid.

Intel really doesn't deserve better for this nonsense.

>only moderately housefire
Is that enough to beat Threadripper? Nope.

techpowerup.com/233945/amd-readies-nine-ryzen-threadripper-models

Oh god no, i'm definitely not saying that. Ryzen is going to be at least slightly more efficient even with skylake IPC and soldered to boot.
I just don't like it when people exaggerate shit on either side. I expect that kind of shit from Sup Forums.

Threadripper IPC and Skylake IPC should be about even, though.

So what happens when the thermal paste inside the fucking lid dries out

Depends on application, Skylake is slightly faster but at those core counts it will no doubt clock lower.

No, ryzen IPC is roughly even, to slightly better than broadwell depending on the task. It should be slightly lower than skylake assuming nothing has changed from the consumer chips.
Ryzen really shines in perf/watt and maintaining excellent efficiency up to relatively high clocks (3.4-3.7GHz).

Yea since I saw this and the jewing scheme to remove pci lanes from 8 cores I can't only say Intel go fuck yourself

If it doesn't help the consuner, why would they charge extra? They already charge extra for Zabinga boy commercials.

Nice try

fucking ridiculous temperature jumps from doing something as simple as clicking on a start menu or opening a terminal
ridiculous idle temps, think 50C to 60C

Neat.

Kikeripper in the flesh.

We need to go wider.

What's gonna be even funnier is when 7nm Zen hits and Intel is still having trouble getting 10nm to clock as high as 14nm on desktop.

You don't even need to wqit.
Running kaby all cores @4.5 usually gives a baseline of 50-60c. I was getting 75c on high usage on water cooler. The Tim part probably is a Jew scheme to deny you extra performance

>>So far, it is unclear what Intel is using the RFID chip; The chip manufacturer has not answered yet. The data sheets published so far and the specification update for Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X do not mention this RFID chip.

Shady as fuuuuck.

........what the fuck are you talking about... it's an RFID chip. It stores information. That's it. The processor can't even read that chip.

actually, upon reading, it seems that many anons on Sup Forums are complete fucking retards who don't know what an RFID chip even is.

Real Fun ID chip I guess.

Can it not be removed/damaged? Just take small screwdriver and 'scratch' it off?
Anyway rfid/nfc can be shielded pretty fucking easily

You shouldn't need to do this.

>The processor can't even read that chip.

You're making several assumptions there, assumptions such as "the RFID is ONLY used to monitor the production process"

When the CPU reads the RFID info on boot to load critical settings, take a guess at how well it works when the RFID is disabled.

>tinfoiling your PC
>delidding and potentially damaging the CPU
Is this what Intel consumers have been reduced to?

Well it can only be read from the inside of the case up close, so it's not likely it can be used for spying unless someone already has a tracker on the inside of your PC.

It's still stupid that they spent the extra $$$ on this and skimped on soldering the fucking things.

Intel are so fucking cheap they screech while taking a shit, I bet the NSA had to pay them the R&D and assembly of that RFID chip.

Remember when people were freaking out when Intel hardcoded serial numbers in the Pentium IIIs?

Today we have AMT and RFID identification.

We're so far down the rabbit hole, it's frightening.

the slippery slope is real

archive.is/yUGvb
>But now, the largest chip manufacturer, Intel will soon going to provide Kill Switches for your laptops as well. The company has been working on a project called Wireless Credential Exchange (WCE) with several partners in an effort to bring Kill switch to other mobile devices, including laptops.

>The project uses RFID technology to provision, track and monitor devices such as laptops, hospital equipment and other devices, including a Kill Switch option for the lost or stolen devices.

So filthy.

Uggggh....

Worst fears confirmed.

Rabbit hole? Oh baby, we're already halfway down the Kora Borehole

Are you feeling really tired? I've had a really busy day and think I might take a nap, you should do the same, its important to stay rested.

>Kill Switches for your laptops as well
cant they do it allready by "installing upgrades" and just delay it in time?

I dont think OP understands what an RFID tag is

Good goy

Nice.

the mark of the beast

It's probably just used during manufacturing to identify and sort the chips on the assembly line.

It's fucking nothing, move along

Again, they added it instead of soldering the damn things. People should be pissed because of that at least.

I know... Its nothing to worry about... I'm feeling so sleepy...

>It's fucking nothing, move along

>buy 2000 dollar cpu
>doesn't support ECC
>have to delid to overclock

Fiery Bridge here, you don't have to delid to OC, but it sure would help. I've been running a toasty 75C on torture ever since it came out and it's still fine. But yeah, it's unforgivable, Threadripper will rip Intel a new asshole.