Is it true that C is the anti-Pajeet language and that Indians are actually scared of using it or am I just being memed?

Is it true that C is the anti-Pajeet language and that Indians are actually scared of using it or am I just being memed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=weWSYIUdX6c
blog.hackerrank.com/which-country-would-win-in-the-programming-olympics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C is a language that seperates real computer scientist from pajeet developers.

That would be OCaml.

Pajeet loves C.
Actually Pajeet loves anything that is marketable / popular. C++, Ruby, Java, C, Python, Javascript, PHP, etc...
There is no "pajeet language". There is shit C code, and beautiful C code. There is shit Java code and beautiful Java code.

Pajeets likes every language he can find a job working with

*shitting up the streets with

I find the meme of pajeets being scared of C like black people are scared of swimming or ghosts to be really funny though and I want it to be real.

C doesn't hold your hand at all. Pajeets love Java because they can write shit and still manage to smash something working together.

oh here comes the c/g/ squad that will dismiss every language created after 1980.

yes, you are being memed

Pro Tip to find if lang is a loo lang
Look up ([lang] "tutorial") in youtube and note how many are in hindi/urdu

black people a legit scared of skateboards though

Pretty much all of the recent C questions on stack overflow are Pajeet-tier, so I would say no.

bullshit

If that code represents how pajeets program... God please kill them all...

Pajeet contribute to Linux or write low level drivers.

Anti pajeet language are Ocaml,Haskell,lisp,racket, mathematica, prolog I see mostly Europeans or Asian write in these languages.

wtf i love Rust now!

They still use the Borland compilers in Indian universities, mainly because that's what all the old books use.

The bigger question is what's the ultimate pajeet language?

Personally I have the impression it's Apex for Salesforce, every time I tried googling Apex tutorials I found Pajeets explaining everything.

Java

Java. Probably 70% of the tutorials I've seen (not watched, because many are shit at english) are Indians.

>main() not returning an int

>no_of_indians
>not indian_count

maybe he is used to java :^)

That would be Forth.
>discourages code reusability
>discourages bloat of ANY kind
>regular use of black magic is expected and encouraged

Look at this standard block of code.

>not public static int numIndians;

posting best pajeet youtube.com/watch?v=weWSYIUdX6c

>being THIS new to C
>pretends to like C

>discourages code reusability
>code reusability
>discourages

>Compiler Error (line 2): Expected ">"

>getch
pajeets confirmed for being windows users

Nice tumblr gif you have there.
Those oversaturated colours and the lack of any real motion is excellent.

You're supposed to reinvent the wheel whenever possible, yes.
Its easier in forth too since you can make your own grammar, like, I could write in C style with parens and brackets and all that and it would be easy af.

Yes.

C is the NEET language. It's popular on Sup Forums because of internet celebrities.

fpbp

Play at hackerrank.com sometime. Full of pajeets. Virtually no C submissions, and C++ is a minority. TONS of Java submissions.

>Virtually no C submissions,
Why would you lie like that?

As a non-computer scientist but works with computers for scientific applications (chemistry) and wants to get into software development more, how do I look at computer languages, really?

In uni, I was taught FORTRAN for number crunching. For quick code, it was MATLAB/Octave. Then I got memed into Python (well, scientific computing is transition to Python from MATLAB anyway).

A number of scientific programs for number crunching are also in C. Should I learn that?

I wouldn't say python is a meme. Yeah it's not as efficient/quick as other languages but you can get shit done really quick

No p'jeets from Bell labs

Go see for yourself. I just clicked the Leaderboard for one of the challenges and set the items displayed per page to 100.

In 5 pages (500 submissions) there were 8 C submissions (0.016%).

Python is best for science (maybe R but it depends on your field).

The question that's never asked here is...what do you want to build?

The only way you're going to building front-end applications for the web is by learning javascript (or some compile-to-JS language like ClojureScript [very different from native js] or Coffeescript [basically a simpler syntax'd js with some syntactical sugar thrown in]), etc.

Look at what people are doing in a language: do you want to do that?

Hijacking this so I don't make a new thread, what do you guys think are cool projects to practice C if you're an intermediate level programmer. I'm using linux currently.

Rogue-like game.

>one of the challenges
hmmm, totally not cherry picked

>In 5 pages (500 submissions) there were 8 C submissions (0.016%).

Lol, C is for virgins!

Like what? Something randomly generated?
Like TBOI or Rogue Legacy?
Graphical with SDL and those things?
Sounds interesting.

It's similar for ANY of the challenges. Give me a link to one...any one...where the C submissions are 5% or more of the first 500 entries on the leaderboard.

Sometimes C++ has more entries than Java. But C? Almost never. Pajeet doesn't want to do the hard work C requires.

lol C pajeets

>Sometimes C++ has more entries than Java. But C? Almost never. Pajeet doesn't want to do the hard work C requires.
pajeet or not, virtually nobody uses C in >competitive programming

Of course, but do bear in mind that Sup Forums toddlers think doing "the hard work" makes them smart. For example see I bet this kid also feels proud for multiplying 5 digit numbers by hand too. He is "better than pajeets" for doing tedious non-intelligent tasks

Will he ever recover from this?

No, and that's exactly the problem, Pajeet will try to use it anyways and write 100 memory errors per function.

>write 100 memory errors per function.
Traits of a C programmer

hackerrank is a pajeet website

From C11 spec:

The function called at program startup is named main. The implementation declares no prototype for this function. It shall be defined with a return type of int and with no parameters:

int main(void) { /* ... */ }

or with two parameters (referred to here as argc and argv, though any names may be used, as they are local to the function in which they are declared):

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { /* ... */ }

or equivalent.

>ignoring that Linux is written mostly in c

>search only for C solutions
>"look the whole page is C"
God you're fucking stupid.

C compilers automatically put return 0 in the main function, newbie. This is an well established fact that dates back to C89

>>search only for C solutions
>All C solutions are from pajeets
kek fuck off pajeet

>pajeet or not, virtually nobody uses C in >competitive programming
That's because "competitive programming" is all about dev time and not runtime.

>Of course, but do bear in mind that Sup Forums toddlers think doing "the hard work" makes them smart.
Someone who can implement their own trees, hashes, sorting algorithms, etc. is smarter than someone who has to have a library.

>He is "better than pajeets" for doing tedious non-intelligent tasks
No, he's better because he can write code that runs 100x faster than Pajeet's Java.

Only a small minority of pajeets work in C. That point is evident if you compare C to ALL of the other submissions.

Python isnt a meme (ok, i guess it is)

the point is with python its easy and quick to develop working software. it runs slower than c because its interpreted rather than compiled tho

>Someone who can implement their own trees, hashes, sorting algorithms, etc.
So every undergrad 2nd/3rd year CS student?

>No, he's better because he can write code that runs 100x faster than Pajeet's Java.
What stops a pajeet from writing C again?

Stop trying, you already lost your own game claiming C programmers are not pajeets

wtf why does C attract so many pajeets

Because pajeets think C will compensate the fact that they can't write O(n)

>computer scientist
>mfw

Daily reminder that computer "scientists" have not done anything of note since the 90s. Basically all innovation comes from the private sector these days (e.g. Javascript.)

Thoroughly BTFO

Aren't you feeling bad to grasp on the straw this hard? Just own up to the fact that only a small minority of programmers use C these days and they are mostly pajeets

Indeed. But the method signature must be 'int main(...' or it doesn't comply with the standard and is implementation dependent.

>That's because "competitive programming" is all about dev time and not runtime.
that's false. online judges have time limits for execution

>Daily reminder that computer "scientists" have not done anything of note since the 90s
Prof. Martin Odersky did

That's not a method

Don't bother, he is not really a paid programmer. The fact that he doesn't care about compilation time gives it away

>what is iterative development

Is 'function' more pleasing to your pedantry?

> (You)
>>Someone who can implement their own trees, hashes, sorting algorithms, etc.
>So every undergrad 2nd/3rd year CS student?
Kek. Have you met any 2nd/3rd year CS students?

>>No, he's better because he can write code that runs 100x faster than Pajeet's Java.
>What stops a pajeet from writing C again?
Nothing "stops" them, they just don't do it to nearly the same degree as Java or .NET.

> (You)
>Stop trying, you already lost your own game claiming C programmers are not pajeets
That wasn't the claim. Go back and re-read posts until you understand what the claim was.

>Autistic meltdown

It's not pedantic.

>>That's because "competitive programming" is all about dev time and not runtime.
>that's false. online judges have time limits for execution
Yes, but most don't rank submissions by execution time and/or RAM footprint. There are limits but that's it. First to complete a valid solution is ranked above someone who submits a faster solution.

>Don't bother, he is not really a paid programmer.
>The fact that he doesn't care about compilation time gives it away
The fact that you think all source code is recompiled every time...or are using a shit compiler where that's true...gives you away. Even massive projects compile fast after the first build because even a pajeet knows not to recompile untouched files.

>>what is iterative development

>can't answer
>"hurr durr that guy is autistic!"
kys

>>can't answer
I can't read autistic nonsense. Go take a shower, calm down and write a well articulated argument.

Dude, it's [current year], compile times are a non-issue with any decent compiler, iterative development or not.

Time to upgrade your shit C2D 2gb system tbqh.

You can't read period.

Are you literally crying now? Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Don't know what to tell you. I haven't had a build take any real time (i.e. coffee break length or longer) since the late 1990's. In what language are you experiencing shit compile times?

How so? Generally, when speaking informally the terms procedure, function, and method are interchangeable.

Or do you just want more Alexandra Daddario?

I'm not the only one who will compile code, user

quit cherry-picking

blog.hackerrank.com/which-country-would-win-in-the-programming-olympics/

The two countries that contribute the greatest number of developers, India and the United States don’t place in the top half.

C isn't on the language table in the article, but C++ is and India is not even on the chart.

Actually, looking again, India is not on the chart for any language period.

>blog.hackerrank.com/which-country-would-win-in-the-programming-olympics/
>even Chileans are better developers than Americans
top lmao

and?

Why would I cry over your reading comprehension? English is probably your 2nd language any way.

You are so far off the original point that I'm starting to wonder if you're drunk.

>C isn't on the language table in the article
Yeah...that's the point...C has a very low submission rate there. Note that how they rank countries has NOTHING TO DO with language percentage by country. The article is completely irrelevant to the original point.

Their claim about which countries have the best programmers is shit, btw. They base it on their "score." If you pass all test cases you get all the points. There's no differentiation based on execution time or RAM footprint, much less code quality. A US engineer with a solution that completes the worst test case in 0.01s gets the same points as someone with a solution that completes in 3s. A solution that's fucking unreadable spaghetti gets the same points as something clean and beautiful.

There's also no way for them to stop copy/paste from blogs, stackoverflow, etc.

Building a high score is simply a matter of working challenges every week over time. If you're capable or doing the harder challenges eventually you will have a very high score and rank. If you're in China trying to break into the US market you will work HR until your fingertips bleed. If you're a US engineer with a job....

>mfw I'm kurwa Pajeetan Pajeetowski

Absolutely retarded. I'm black and I've been skateboarding since I was 11 or 12. In Atlanta there's a very large subculture of black skateboarders. The swimming thing has more basis in reality. I swear this fucking website is full of people who are so sure of themselves even though they have the most insane and unfounded beliefs.

>The swimming thing has more basis in reality.

In the highschool that I went to, there were no black students in my swimming class even though there were a lot of blacks in my school. When I went to practice swimming on Saturdays for a whole semester at the local pool there were no black people. My swimming teacher even talked about how one black student that he once taught who drowned at a lake during a weekend trip and his parents sued the school.

Wrong.

Yeah it's no meme, a lot of us can't swim. Some say it's something to do with biological differences in bone density, some say it's because historically blacks weren't allowed in public pools so our parents/grandparents never learned, which means they never passed it down to their children, so on. I couldn't speak with authority on what the true reason is, but I can attest that there's no swimming pools in the hood.

>getch
>borland
That is why i hate fucking poojeets,disgusting shitskins