/slav/: Ancient homeland edition

Slavs,what are your views on Iran?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0056779
borissoff.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/was-scythian-an-iranian-language/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I understand the Croatian argument for Iranian heritage but it doesn't apply to Russian or any other type of slavs...

home/10

iran people today are arab and mixed, not related to ancient iranians

>iran people today are arab

Aryans mixed with native Iranids right after they invaded old Iran. Brown Irans is not a thing because of Islamic invasion even if you accept Aryan invaders as Scandi tier white people but whatever.

sandnigger hellhole

ancestral homeland of my people ;^)

Bulgars are literally Turks

that's scientifically impossible

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars

>white people
>Aryans

hahahahah fuck you guys actually believe this

turks = people of modern day turkey, basically arabs
bulgars = iranic/hunnic people with a turkic mix

nothing to do with turks

you dont even know what you talking about, shut up

>pajeets
>aryans from the early vedas

lelelelel

They're East Iranic,big difference.

>bulgars = iranic/hunnic people with a turkic mix
what?
lol you arent iranic and hunnic are mongoloids

you guys are slav and germanic mixes

they are iranic, for fuck sake

look migration maps, iranians didnt traveled there

bulgars were iranic/hunnic

bulgarians are mix of bulgars, slavs and thracians

and no we aren't germanic lmao not even close

>bulgars were iranic/hunnic
they were a turkic tribe then slavs came and absoved them

the slavs were already there when the bulgars arrived

nope
look it up, slavs arrived later

Somewhat ok, but still cant understad why commies gave away all that imperial russian infrastructure russian builded there to Persia.

what are you talking about?

don't teach me about my history

the slavs were there when the bulgars came and they used them as mercenaries against the Byzantines

Slavs never arrived from anywhere especially not from the east. We have been where we are today since the Copper Age.

The people? Yes, for the most part
The language? No.

WE

The slavic language is very archaic and native to this region as well.

But you probably know shit about languages so please do not comment on things you have no idea about.

They like us, we like them.

Sorry to disappoint you but this theory is outdated now (if it ever was anything more than nationalistic bullshit), because it has no coverage in genetics.

not really there's some pretty decent presence of R1a in iran, although their genetic makeup is mostly greek/anatolian, kind of makes sense tho r1a goes pretty high in zones arround teheran and the mazandareans from the caspian sea

We're not turks you fucking cucks...
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0056779
>We found that the Y-chromosome gene pool in modern Bulgarians is primarily represented by Western Eurasian haplogroups with ∼ 40% belonging to haplogroups E-V13 and I-M423, and 20% to R-M17. Haplogroups common in the Middle East (J and G) and in South Western Asia (R-L23*) occur at frequencies of 19% and 5%, respectively. Haplogroups C, N and Q, distinctive for Altaic and Central Asian Turkic-speaking populations, occur at the negligible frequency of only 1.5%. Principal Component analyses group Bulgarians with European populations, apart from Central Asian Turkic-speaking groups and South Western Asia populations.

I'd run too

Scythia is our homeland, from Poland in the east, Xinjiang in the east and Persia in the south.

>there's some pretty decent presence of R1a in iran
Of course there is R1a in Iran. The thing is that the direction of R1a migration was Europe --> Iran/India not the other way around. Genetics is much more complicated than just haplogroups.

R1a-M417 (pic rel) most likely originted in Eastern Europe. Then it was brought to Asia by Indo-Europeans.

>Poland in the west*

*by Proto-Indo-Europeans

The desperation in this thread to be Iranic...

wew lads

Well given distribution of R1a1, most probable location of Slavic "homeland" (which is somewhere in Ukraine) and fact that Slavic and Iranian languages are in the same satem group of IE languages, it is very probable, that Slavs and Aryans are somehow more closely related than most other Indo-Europeans.

So yeah there is some logic in this.

Well given distribution of R1a1, most probable location of Slavic "homeland" (which is somewhere in Ukraine) and fact that Slavic and Iranian languages are in the same satem group of IE languages, it is very probable, that Slavs and Aryans are somehow more closely related than most other Indo-Europeans.

So yeah there is some logic in this

ignore double post, connection error is behind this

Pooland going full WE

>Scythians
>Iranic
When will this meme end?

>muh genes

Bulgars were Turkic, man.

It apply moreso to Serbs though.

>Slavs were always in the Balkans
Just stop.

Croats are of northern Illyrian extract that were cucked by invading Iranics and slavoids to accept their language, culture and name.

Your point? We are talking here about R1a not much older R haplogroup.

By "we" I meant West Slavs who are the original Slavs. East and South Slavs of course aren't native and came from what is now Poland.

I know you're probably the we wuz wends shitposter, but this time you are actually making sense.

You are probably correct in this matter.

The I2 haplogroup on the balkans in further divided in 3 more haplogroups.

I2 DN
I2 DS
I2 Dinaric

DN -> originated somewhere in Russia
DS -> originated somewhere in Poland
Dinaric -> originated on the Balkans, younger haplogroup than both DS and DN.

For Serbian population the haplogroup breakdown goes as pic related, using more than 1000 samples.

I2 DS is the highest one with 23% followed by R1a with 19%, which would suggest that we did come from somewhere in Poland.

>The Scythians, also known as Scyth, Saka, Sakae, Sacae, Sai, Iskuzai, or Askuzai, were a large group of Iranian Eurasian nomads who were mentioned by the literate peoples surrounding them as inhabiting

Agreed upon by linguists, anthropologists, geneticists, and historians.

Disputed by Mongolian Finns.

Who's word do you think people will take?

WE WUZ KHANZ N SHIT

Their Iranian origin is based on a few names scribbled down by Gayreeks, nothing more.

Yeah R1a-M458 and I2 DS are Slavic markers and most likely originated in Poland and then spread during expansion.

>borissoff.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/was-scythian-an-iranian-language/

"Gayreeks"

You're undeniably a fucking moron.

Sad your ancestors weren't wiped out during the The Finno-Korean Hyperwar.

>>borissoff.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/was-scythian-an-iranian-language/

>Wordpress

Kek

At this point historical sources and linguistics are quite irrelevant. It's 2016 guys, we have indisputable modern genetics.

R1a, G2a, and J2a. That is what science has shown. All Y-DNA of Scythians fall under those branches and those branches alone. There is a heavy movement towards R1a, followed by G2a, and then J2a.

Scythians may have been a mix of different genetic clusters, sharing a definite Iranic culture. That is the simplest statement you can make that is most commonly agreed upon.

Look at pic related. Of course there were different ethnicities. But to say "[all] Scythians were ancestors of Polish people or Ukrainian people or Turkic people" is preposterous.

>"[all] Scythians were ancestors of Polish people or Ukrainian people or Turkic people"
LOL who says that? Naturally Scythians are not ancestors of Slavs. If anything it's the other way round. Scythians were probably derived from Proto-IE who's direct continuity in modern day are West Slavs.

*whose