Microsoft sucks

Microsoft sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

onmsft.com/news/desktop-browsers-like-chrome-and-firefox-wont-be-allowed-in-the-windows-store
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>spend $1000
>cant afford another $60

maybe you should stick to 15 year old thinkpads kiddo

> Be me
> Mum buys me an Android because good grades
> Dad says is a Robot, wtvr
> I want to browse the web
> Can't find IE or Edge
> Can't even call to complain cause they have no customer service

t. american

microsoft can't legally do that in europe, hence the N versions of OSes

So how do Chrome books work over there?

What if I want to unlock Notepad++?

[spoiler]i'm actually a leaf

but even so there was a lawsuit back in '04 that microsoft lost basically detailing that they had to at least offer alternatives to some of their own software (like alternatives to WMP and IE)

>Microsoft cucks

This is a matter of freedom, not price.

of course it is, you have the freedom of choice

I'm not sure the answer but they sell chromebook in Europe, but apparently it is more money there likely to make up for the increased regulation.

60$

What a great deal, not to mention the ram.
Market share saves them. Android is under investigation before you ask it.

Microsoft is the new Apple

Wait why can't you install Chrome?

Can someone fill me in on this? Wtf is OP talking about, $60 to install chrome?

I assume he means windows 10 S which only allows app-store apps.

And this
onmsft.com/news/desktop-browsers-like-chrome-and-firefox-wont-be-allowed-in-the-windows-store

Just pirate the pirate enabling app.

No one, not even the regulators, has a problem that Apple required Chrome on iOS to be a skin over WebKit and JavaScriptCore.

Microsoft took note and follows Apple yet again.

I *think* it's because it comes with Windows 10 S which only lets you install things from the Windows Store.

>A Chrome that's just a skin over Edge
two botnets in one

Who will be the new Microsoft? Google? Ubuntu/Red Hat? FSF?

the only modern tech company with market shares like Microsoft had in the 1990s is Google.

>IE
What a turbo pleb

Pretty sure Surfaces are free to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Also trillions of Windows laptops to choose and you still pick a single one to bitch about.

user is being as sarcastic as you are right now

N-no you

I never liked Microsoft and always thought Bill Gates was a poser. Had his parents not been rich and connected he would have ended up a mid level software engineer with an unremarkable career through the 80s and 90s. Nothing more.

But holy fuck what Microsoft has become makes me want to puke. Everything they are turning out is shit. Their programming tools are buggy, slow piles of shit. And while Windows was always known for being a buggy, insecure resource hog, its never been this bad.

I wish Windows would just die already.

Can't you just pirate windows and put it on the thing?

>discussion about microsoft
>mentions chromebook
user, chromebook's made by google..

He mean if google can get away with Chrome OS then Microsoft can do it too

>>Please don't rape me!
>>No can do, but for $60 I'll keep away from your anus
>Freedom

>son we have over 1000 different laptop models and a 1000$ rape ticket
>i'll have that rape ticket please
>oh noe RAPE!

yes, microsoft introduced a whole new windows SKU because you can upgrade FOR FREE instead of shipping it with pro using an adapted policy directly....

No they can't because they don't have 90+% market share

So what? Read these fucking posts again
>microsoft can't legally do that in europe
>So how do Chrome books work over there?

I guess I should copy and paste my post.

Chromebooks are tiny percentage of laptops in Europe and therefore Google doesn't have to follow the same anti-competitive regulation that Microsoft was burned on

They desperately want to be. I think this is them admitting they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

They have already tried selling hardware that is good quality and reasonably powerful for the price. Didn't work. So they're going full on Apple and selling horribly underpowered, overpriced shit, since apparently people prefer that.