BattleStations - /bst/

Old thread is almost dead, RIP.
Rate, hate, and appreciate.

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/worktops-worktops-accessories/råsunda-worktop-oak-art-00301890/
amazon.com/Samsung-UN43KU6300-43-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496428512&sr=8-4&keywords=40+inch+4k+tv&th=1
amazon.com/Samsung-UN43KU7500-Curved-43-Inch-Ultra/dp/B01EBGJYSC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496428706&sr=8-2&keywords=curved 4k tv
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/
pckeyboard.com/page/product/1392015
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UNI041A
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4041A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>intentionally using shitty technology to look aesthetic

Probably not even using since it is turned off.
I guess it is just "I have autism too, my thinkpad friends,install gentoo jajaja cika-cika"
thing.

:^)

I dig the vintage vibe.
6/10

Need to swap out some posters desu

What works works. I dont feel like spending $60 for a VESA mount.

faggots

everything about this photo makes me chuckle every time i see it
it's like the person knew exactly what makes me laugh

I'm shit

That poster is 13 years old, no one over that age can own such horrible things.

1/2

2/2

It must be glorious to have rain pitter pattering against that glass while watching/playing something. Comfy/10.

My portrait monitor just sits on its side on my desk also senpai, fuck em.

Lol that one day you leave the window open and come back to find your PC is water cooled...

Friday morning.

dude that ipad bed thing you have going on there is fucking incredible I might have to do something like that what a fucking cool idea

360 rad closed loop and you're at 45C? GPU at 50C? Hot room, or was this under load?

Why do you post the same pics every fucking time

It's not an ipad reee.

But yes, very comfy.

I run at minimum fan speed as I can. 35-45 seems to be the point where that watercooler phenomenon is at. You know, where it keeps heating up more and more because it can't cool itself off until it reaches a limit. Or something like that.

But I've updated it, user.

hi

low effort attention whoring

>has a guitar
wow user you're so free spirited

looks marvelous, congratulations

I'm not doing too well. Uni finals are coming up and I'm a mess. Haven't cleaned my desk in 2 weeks.

>dat fucking cable

I used a folding table too for a long time. Get a real table or desk, you'll enjoy it.
I like the red carpet.
Really clean, I like it
It must be uncomfortable to have the keyboard and mouse at different heights
Hi. The colors are beautiful.

Please criticize.

Woo

What's the load temps? 50C on GPU is high also for idle, is that passive until under load? My 970 G1 idles at 33C and GPU on air is only 28C most of the time. I hit full load 52C on my CPU which is a 8-core FX @ 4.6GHz 1.45v

Nice. Who did these watercolours on your wall? I like them.

dude the paintings need to go they look they were someones gcse art project and they got a C

>being jelly and shitting on people for being better
Wow user, you're fucking autistic.

Gonna mod my PC a bit, and upgrade a bit. Just want more longevity from it.

Other setup things are coming soon, but I need to purchase a lot of fucking shit. Saving a bit of money for all of it.

Would appreciate some advice!

>inb4 posters

Wtf yea you literally are..

Forgot to mention that I was going to leave feedback on all the posts here.

Way too much junk, and messy as all hell. Just organize, and it will be much better.
carpet/10
Take a better shot of your actual setup. From what I can see everything looks good.
Amazing user, I fucking love it. Organized, clean, great view, good stuff. I don't think you could do anything better.
10/10
Like them posters user, what's wrong with them? Also I peep that security camera, may be wrong. I need one also.
Overall everything is nice, take a straight shot of your setup. Maybe do some cable management.
Just do it user, will make it everything much cleaner. You don't have to nigger rig everything.
>anonymous
>hacker
>xbox botnet camera pointing straight at you
>those cases
Kill yourself.
I like those eGPU setups, they're neat. Everything is nice also. Only thing I could suggest is to try and figure out the k/m thing, like someone else mentioned that must be very annoying.
Indeed.
Nice.
Really good cable management, and overall organized. Why do you have so many monitors though?
10/10
Definitely try and clean user, although I definitely understand what you're going through. Don't worry about that now, whenever you're done you can.
Way too much anime.
Sweet, I dig it. Did you draw those paintings? They're quite nice.
Love it, it's comfy as fuck.
Space looks a bit tight, but not bad overall.
You're kinda of a hipster ey? Still can't knock the setup though, it's nice.

Just finished, needs serious cable management.

I really like your posters desu, though if I were you I'd separate them out a bit so the center bezel isn't so huge.

I've got some big changes on the way! I may be swapping out my 5k monitor for a very rare IBM Model F Kishsaver keyboard that I've been trying to get my hands on for years, and I'll take that opportunity to get a big ass 40 or 50 inch (would appreciate your opinions on which size to go for) 4k TV as my main monitor and I plan on either extending my current desk somehow or get a different one that goes all the way around my room.

I've known a lot of people that keep a guitar nearby. I've known none that could actually play it, though. Little kids get these things because they think it adds character.

Yea I should separate them a bit, the only reason I put them so close is because there were massive holes on the wall.

Like selling or trading the monitor for the keyboard?

Don't use a TV as a monitor, they're not meant for that. Refresh rate, input lag, are things to consider.
Also that is huge for something your going to be so close to.

I think a 4K 32 inch monitor or something would be best.

As someone who has both:
I think that, unless you have a remarkably deep desk, anything larger than a 28" is a bit too imposing.

Going to be directly trading the monitor for the keyboard in the next few months. And eh, I don't game at all anymore, at least not online so input lag wont be noticeable. I've already hooked my PC up to my current 4k tv and everything was as smooth as I needed.

32 inch 4k does sound good but I want to use 100% scaling so I can get more shit on one screen, I'd need 40 inch + to do that.

My desk is 90cm deep, I think it'll be decent enough. I'm blind as fuck anyway desu

I'd say that's spot on, it scales nicely with a 28" on a 75cm deep desk. Where the dicky hell did you get a 90cm deep desk?

the dining table I have atm is 90cm deep but I'll be getting this soon, which is also 90cm

ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/worktops-worktops-accessories/råsunda-worktop-oak-art-00301890/

>Also I peep that security camera, may be wrong.
Pretty sure that's one of the Lighthouse sensors for a Vive.

I want to put a 1m strip of leds on this table but i cant decide which way to position them

Damn, I never thought of using a dining table as a desk, I went with 2x Gertons.

How much does the monitor cost, and what does the keyboard cost?

Searched online and it seems you can get the keyboard for around $399.99 or so, If I remember correctly you live in Europe so the prices are probably different.

Are you okay with having such a large TV so close to you? If it doesn't matter then go for it! Whatever makes you feel comfy.

I always go with Samsung for TVs, they're great. I have a Plasma that is more then 10 years old, and is on everyday for a long time.

Something like this looks good.
amazon.com/Samsung-UN43KU6300-43-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01DUTL4OI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1496428512&sr=8-4&keywords=40+inch+4k+tv&th=1

Or if you want curved.
amazon.com/Samsung-UN43KU7500-Curved-43-Inch-Ultra/dp/B01EBGJYSC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496428706&sr=8-2&keywords=curved 4k tv

What do you mean which way to position them?

Unless you buy a diffuser of some sort having leds on the front of a desk is gonna look like shit, only leaves the back and one of the sides if it's against a wall.

The monitor cost me about £1000, I see them on ebay in the US for about $1600 and Amazon US for over $2000

If you've found an IBM Kishsaver 6019284 for $399 then link me? They are impossibly rare

And yeh definitely am comfortable with it, I've always felt 27 inch monitors are too small, even my 40 inch tv feels kinda small (I blame the 60 inch tv downstairs)

And yeh I'm torn between Samsung SUHD and LG SUHD, they seem to be as good as OLED but without burn in problems.

Cheers for the amazon links, I'll have a look

modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/

Geez user, anything over 45'' would definitely not be that good for web browsing.

Try and go for Samsung, I don't trust LG much anymore. But you should still consider them.

That website is owned by a friend of mine who is basically hiring a factory in china to produce remakes of the original kishsaver f62's and f77's for him. I already have one on order with him but I'm trying to get my hands on an original.

>Unless you buy a diffuser of some sort having leds on the front of a desk is gonna look like shit
i knew i was missing something. i wanted to take advantage of the tables 25mm top lip but leds alone looked bad and created a bad glare on my monitors

Oh shit that is cool, I see. They look pretty close to the original also. I did notice that the USB looks a bit iffy, don't they usually come with RJ45 or PS/2?

You have quite the collection of Model M keyboards ey? I ordered one a few months ago but canceled because it wasn't one of the regular ones.

I might get one eventually, but just for collection. They are quite loud, and I don't want to disturb the family. I type a bit at night.

They do indeed, the originals came with a proprietary connector though as they were designed for use only with the IBM banking terminals. The connector sort of resembled a Serial port. my model F 107 had the same connector but I replaced the internal controller with an 'Xwhatsit' which makes the board fully programmable and also adds USB output - the remakes use this as well which is why they are USB out of the box.

Definitely do try and pick up an ibm model m, they are fantastic boards. Unicomp have some original new in box model m's on their warehouse liquidations page

pckeyboard.com/page/product/1392015

Only problem with this is they are ISO and have a few weird latin keycaps but a complete 101 keycap set from unicomp is only $25 so for like $110 you could have a brand new original.

looks like a comfy neetstation user, don't listen to people

I looked into this a week or so ago. Almost all diffusers I could find were aluminum tracks you out the leds in, which would look worse than just regular leds. My suggestion would be, if you just had to have leds on the front of the desk, would be to put a layer or 2 of that frosted scotch tape over the led strip. You will still see the led itself through the tape as a bright dot, but it will get rid of the harsh light coming off the strip.

Couldn't I get an original IBM one for less or around that same price?

I like these
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UNI041A
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4041A

Looks like they have the proper keys and shit.

Could I possibly add o-rings or something to make it not as loud?

Loudness of the keyboard does not come from the key bottoming to the keywell but from the spring that "kinks" when you go over certain pressure

i was considering picking up some thin, white ,6mm pvc pipe and cutting it in half
or using carpet protector if light can easily pass through

The cables are trivial too completely hide but I'm in the process of figuring out what to do with my monitors and also replacing my router/mouse soon so I haven't bothered. Ii just put a piece of tape around them all annd then tape them to the back of the desk. I'm thinking about doing 2+1 with the monitors instead of just three wide.
I almost never watch video content and dislike speakers but I can appreciate that set up. Seems more or less end game for movies, save a 75 inch curved HDR QuantumDot 4k dispslay.
Supremely comfy. I love the wiindow and the lighting seems nice you may just have a good camera. Step up your mouse game.
Macfag but at least you have nice monitor mounts and keyboard.
Practical but I wouldn't want my case that close to me. All the radiators blow a shit load of heat out the top exhaust 120's.
Clean as fuck. Nice monitors, nice kb and mouse pada. Ii could use it.
artsy fartsy fuck boii
you are waifu is poop

Yea, just used the o-rings as an example. Well I guess I would have to deal with the loudness.

Do you think those two keyboards that I linked are decent?

>Do you think those two keyboards that I linked are decent?
Unicomp keyboards are of considerably shittier quality than "genuine" IBM model M.
The housing is thinner, the keycaps are thinner, the whole thing is a lot lighter.
Molds are worn out (they actually use genuine IBM molds they found in a warehouse or some shit), so the result molding all kind of defects.
The typing feel stays roughly the same but the audiovisual sorrounding the keyboard suffer, especially the sound. You should know what I'm talking about if you ever used one of these old model Ms. There's this deep "clunk" when you press a key.

But they do use USB/PS2 interface and they do have a Super key which are both crucial features for someone like me.
If you have nothing else to spend money on just get one and see for yourself. You can still fucking resell it later and lose 10-20 bucks at worst.

You could get a unicomp variant for that price but you'll lose things such as the original ibm badge, the removable cable, and the thicker steel plate. The best way to silence a model m or model f is to put dental floss in between the springs. It doesn't necessarily quieten them but it does stop the pinging noise giving just a loud click instead.

You could try to find frosted fish tuning or something like that. I can tell you something with a frosted translucent look will work the best.

I guess I am better off with the original, I want the better quality. Especially if the keyboard cost around the same.

I guess I'll look on that site for a IBM one. Or at least get the one that was first linked with the keys.

The only two IBM boards they are selling now are latin American with either IBM or lexmark branding. I bought the last ANSI Model M :P

>tfw moving in a few weeks

>Space Saver II
Nice. Would be the perfect keyboard with better keyswitches. Still kind of miss mine.

Very jelly of that Trinitron.

That's one seriously nice, big room.

Really like that desk. What are those speakers?

Nice SSK. Was just thinking about possibly getting one of those but they probably go for way too much nowadays.

An SSK would go really nicely with your setup

got some speaker risers edition

>autism pride

Just checked eBay and oh boy the prices.

I'm also not sure how usable things would be in macOS-land without all three modifier keys in the correct spot.

>I love the wiindow and the lighting seems nice you may just have a good camera.
It actually is that bright, I've had to turn my monitor above 5% backlight for the first time since getting it.

>Step up your mouse game.
Any suggestions? I basically can't function now without back and forward buttons on either side of the mouse.

Do you mean on both sides or wiill either side do? II've never owned a mouse with out them. There are a bunch of very good mice out there right now. I'll give you a list, you do the googling.
Zowie mice(all of them), Logitech g pro, g502, g403, g900, g102, g100s, Razer deathadder(only listed for it's shape, fiitss my hand better than any mouse), Mionix(all), Roccat Konne Owl Eye, Fiinalmouse one, Nixeus Revel.
Pic related is end game for rpg/non-gaming
Yeah, i know, I can't make up my mind either. Leaning on g403 or death adder atm.

>Do you mean on both sides or wiill either side do?

I need a button on both sides. Also, it needs to be ambidextrous, I use it in my left hand when I'm doing CAD and Excel.

*thanks for the list BTW

Buy a logitech g900 and you'll never need a new mouse again.

Zowie Z and Fk series is probably what you want to be looking at then.

Thanks awfully.

Fuck...

Sweet mother of god I do like that keyboard.

Whats that chair on the right?

Forgot the picture.

>MS-40s

My nigga, I used to have those before I went with the Monitors & Denon mini hifi. Save for stereo separation and bass evenness, they were damn close for less than a third of the price.

Forgot to add: a tiny piece of cork at each corner massively improves the sound they deliver.

Yeah, I'm pretty statisfied with them, put on some tiny rubber feet under them to prevent them from slipping

So many screenlets..

neat vape is that a alien or something

Yihi G-class with a TFV8 Big Baby Beast

This is the only angle i can use to have everything in the picture.

Getting my station together